Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

I used Nam's on my recent trip, to and from Pattaya, excellent service, car was there waiting early for me both times, both ladies good safe drivers. I even left something in the car by mistake and they dropped it off at the hotel for me next morning. Will definitely use them again on my next trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Used Nam's on my trip back in June.

will be using next trip.

driver ready and waiting on arrival in Bangkok. easy to find from info sent thru previously re photo/rego.

Return from Pattaya to Bangkok just as good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

So many good reviews - I think I will use Nams service also. I arrive in a about 5 weeks. How far in advance do you guys normally book - I was going to leave it another week or two? Thanks

@Garry HongaI usually book a couple weeks in advance.

• Like 1

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

I've used Nam's five times this month. Can't recommend highly enough. 

One exception was me trying to get a booking without a heads up, went with Ann's. Similar service but not as good as Nam's.

32 minutes ago, Garry Honga said:

So many good reviews - I think I will use Nams service also. I arrive in a about 5 weeks. How far in advance do you guys normally book - I was going to leave it another week or two? Thanks

I book one or two days in advance.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Garry Honga said:

About 2-3 days out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tokyojoe2010 said:

@Garry HongaI usually book a couple weeks in advance.

1 hour ago, Dingo Brax said:

I book one or two days in advance.

1 hour ago, Harry Brown said:

About 2-3 days out.

Thanks all - I thought with all their popularity I'd need to book at least a month out, but seems they've got it covered. I'll wait until a bit closer in that case. Cheers

• Like 3

I would do it about a week out.  I have no complaints with my one experience.  Nice big comfortable newer Camry.  She drove in the middle lane at the speed limit the whole way.  I didn't need to tell her to slow down or to stop driving like a maniac once.  Exactly the way I want it.

Edited by Kale

How bad is the traffic getting to DMK airport from Pattaya for a flight at 11am? would you allow 3 hours in the taxi? or more

6 minutes ago, Payaso23 said:

How bad is the traffic getting to DMK airport from Pattaya for a flight at 11am? would you allow 3 hours in the taxi? or more

Imho yes plus you need to chk in at airport ..

8 minutes ago, Payaso23 said:

If for example I have a flight departing at 8 am, I like to be there 3hrs prior to departure. So, when I make a booking with Nam, I give her all my relevant details and tell her I want to be at the airport at 5 am. She will then respond back with the time that she will pick you up at the hotel. She will know how long the trip takes, and all the latest traffic disruption and weather conditions if any or if any alternative route needs to be taken and allowed for.

1 hour ago, Payaso23 said:

I could be wrong but don't think she goes to DMK airport 

14 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

I could be wrong but don't think she goes to DMK airport 

Think your right, I read recently on this post she's not going to DM currently 

On 20/07/2022 at 12:44, Encora said:

Don Muang was stopped earlier simply because she cannot get her drivers to go there, the drivers nearly all concluded it was not worth their while. Because low numbers using DM, most trips there are one way only, severely cutting profitability, the total toll costs are much higher, and still count for both ways, even if one way the car is empty and the extra time compared to the Pattaya

quoted by @Encora  3 mths ago.  @Harry Brown @Payaso23

Edited by onehunglo

On 12/09/2022 at 12:16, Encora said:

As Nam’s Taxi is getting back from n its feet after a long enforced hibernation, so are threats to its success.

on several occasions, including one yesterday, her customers have been approached by other drivers, male drivers, at the airport, holding a sign with a name copied from her driver, trying to convince the unsuspecting customer that they are the driver the customer is waiting for.

stealing customers….

Please spread the word, Nam’s drivers are women only! 
and if there is any hesitance or uncertainty, about the destination, the real driver does not have to ask “where to”, because she will have clear instructions about where you want to go.

there have been one or two situations over the past five years, where last minute change substituted the driver for a male driver, but that was out of many thousands of trips, and usually an unavoidable crisis, such as major traffic jam, accident or car breakdown, when Nam had to choose last minute change, no driver at all or a male driver, but always would send a message to the customer explaining why the change.

so if you arrive and find a male driver trying to convince you he is your Nam’s Taxi Lady Driver,  tell him to piss off, and phone the number Nam will have sent you, to find out what is going on. 
if you accept a fake driver, you will leave the real driver waiting forever and she will lose the cost of driving to the airport without a customer.

fake drivers are thieves!

This actually happened to my friend. He inadvertently went into the wrong car and felt horrible when he got to his hotel only to realize that it wasn't Nam's driver. 

FYI, now she will send you a picture of the driver with the plate number before pickup so verify the information before you hop in!

BTW, anyone notice she has a lot of tomboyish drivers lately? 😂

• Like 1

Used Nam for airport, both ways, on my recent trip, I returned on Fri...excellent service, she sends a pic of driver and car and car number

1664098412326.jpg

27 minutes ago, hioctane said:

so what . they still have to pay their way to survive and support family . shouldn't take the piss out of someone who can't reply and defend themselves ! ........ I'll do it for them .. thought of putting your pic up so we can take the piss out of you and make comments wether true or not ? didn't think so 

I can see you would of been one of those school yard bullies in your prime !

and no I'm not a white knight

1 minute ago, onehunglo said:

so what . they still have to pay their way to survive and support family . shouldn't take the piss out of someone who can't reply and defend themselves ! ........ I'll do it for them .. thought of putting your pic up so we can take the piss out of you and make comments wether true or not ? didn't think so 

I can see you would of been one of those school yard bullies in your prime !

and no I'm not a white knight

Relax buddy. This is a monger board and we talk about girls no matter where we may find them.  If a bar has ugly girls, we will report that. If the 7/11 cashier happens to be hot, we will take about that.

And yes, you do sound like a white knight and I wouldn't be surprised if you go running to Nam and showing her this message so piss off!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, hioctane said:

@hioctane glad you mentioned this.

Ignoring onhunglo's defense, yeah, and it bothered me a little. I've booked Nam five times in past five weeks and once I'm pretty sure my driver was a ladyboy on trip #4.

It's relevant 'cuz one of the things we appreciate about Nam's LADY DRIVERS service is the peaceful drive we get with LADY drivers, in contrast to the manic driving from so many Thai men drivers. I didn't get the worry free trip with the LB(?)/tomboy driver, max speed in the right lane, etc. Didn't feedback to Nam as had other priorities at the time.

• Like 2

My lady driver had very short hair but her choice of partner is immaterial to me. Her driving was excellent and she was chatty without losing concentration. 

6 hours ago, Payaso23 said:

Honestly ask Nam, she would be able to give you the best advice on this.  She knows her stuff, smart smart lady.

Joker...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BuckDefiant said:

@hioctane glad you mentioned this.

Ignoring onhunglo's defense, yeah, and it bothered me a little. I've booked Nam five times in past five weeks and once I'm pretty sure my driver was a ladyboy on trip #4.

It's relevant 'cuz one of the things we appreciate about Nam's LADY DRIVERS service is the peaceful drive we get with LADY drivers, in contrast to the manic driving from so many Thai men drivers. I didn't get the worry free trip with the LB(?)/tomboy driver, max speed in the right lane, etc. Didn't feedback to Nam as had other priorities at the time.

If your experience is not up to your expectations, please drop Nam a quick message.  She takes her customer service standards very seriously. 

When I went to the PI, our driver was going along at around 140kph, very fast, never felt it was particularly dangerous, but I did tell Nam.  My ride partner Mr. Tony was not happy, she was fine, why did you do that.  My response was Nam is my friend, I owe her my loyalty, not Jackie Stewart.  

Joker....