IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

5 hours ago, geezerrb said:

Nice to hear so many BM's getting good experience with Nam's taxi, I think I have tried to book too far in advance as apparently having been sent 2 confirmations I have received neither.

Encora interceded with my problem asking if I had a email problem as Nam had forwarded my email replies to him however despite my request in a personal message he has not been able to contact me given 2 other email addresses? I did many checks and now have had a tech check(at some expense) which has cleared my email trail.

I realise there was some criticism about trying to book so far in advance(Nov) and I understand they have been busy and had health/staff problems but I have for 28 previous trips had no problem using Mr T and booking well in advance of my trips so I will be going back to him, very disappointing as I was trying to support a forum recommendation and I will admit trying to save a few baht the tech check certainly wiped that out.

Endorses "stick with what you know works".

Mate in all fairness, I wouldn't dream of booking that far in advance.  upto you though,

Nam has done an excellent job throughout the years. 

I used her service three times over the last month an everything ran like clockwork.

I used Nams a couple of weeks ago, and again she was great!  The car was waiting for me at BKK exactly where she said it would be (opposite door three on the second road), and was dead on time to collect me in Patts for the return back, even though it was at 4.00am.

The only little 'niggle' I have is I think I was scammed a bit, well not scammed, but I could have fell for something all the same.

The email Nams sent me said the Taxi would be waiting at BKK 45 minutes after my plane landed.  I landed at 7.15 PM and was walking out the door at 7.45, so I found somewhere to have a cigerette, and then got in her Taxi dead on 7.58 - 2 minutes before they said they would arrive.

I said something like 'that worked really well', and asked how long she had waited for me.  I then got a bit of a sob story that she had been at the airport for me 2 hours ago, and kept having to drive round in circles.  I asked why she had arrived so early, and she mentioned something about traffic bad so she didn't want to be late.

I didn't give it much thought apart from 'thats odd, but nice I suppose', and then tipped my normal amount when she dropped me off by giving 1600 instead of the 1200 qouted.

It wasn't until after I thought it was possibly just a sob story to try to get me to tip bigger.  Its not an issue and I will always use Nams, but I've never had that said to me before.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Mate in all fairness, I wouldn't dream of booking that far in advance.  upto you though,

I used her service three times over the last month an everything ran like clockwork.

Agree 100% - I booked my return trip back to the airport with Nams about 24 hours before I need it, and it worked as it should.

2 hours ago, mattmoore1965x said:

wasn't until after I thought it was possibly just a sob story to try to get me to tip bigger

Not impossible. But I really don't think so. Picking up at swampy is challenging as they have to do it in this fly by fashion. Two hours of circling does sound a bit much, though. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

That’s nuts. She should have parked ten minutes up the road and had a nap. No reason to circle for two hours, she’s not a plane. 

27 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Not impossible. But I really don't think so. Picking up at swampy is challenging as they have to do it in this fly by fashion. Two hours of circling does sound a bit much, though. 

they can also just park in the car park directly opposite the airport entrance. had this happen a few times. it's a 2min walk (and normally super hot in there), but it certainly beats circling around for 2 hours. 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

7 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

3 hours ago, mattmoore1965x said:

Agree 100% - I booked my return trip back to the airport with Nams about 24 hours before I need it, and it worked as it should.

As I have booked my ticket, car parking at the airport, my accommodation, I prefer to make my arrangements complete by booking my taxi as well, have done for 14 years now and never had a problem, each to their own.

My thanks to Encora who has interceded and confirmed my booking, it appears there was a missing. in my email address, so I look forward to enjoying the experience of Nam's taxi service in November.

Got picked up earlier tonight at BKK by Nupui. She's very pleasant, and a really good careful driver, which was great after 17 hours of airplane rides which featured crying babies and lots of turbulence. No problems getting picked up at the airport, I had a picture of her, type of car and license plate and she was there right when I walked out of Exit 4.

3 hours ago, Srirachapocalypse said:

Got picked up earlier tonight at BKK by Nupui. She's very pleasant, and a really good careful driver, which was great after 17 hours of airplane rides which featured crying babies and lots of turbulence. No problems getting picked up at the airport, I had a picture of her, type of car and license plate and she was there right when I walked out of Exit 4.

Can you let me know the curreny price please 

I had a Sedan S booked, which is 1000 Baht, there are larger vehicles and other trips for various prices on the namtaxiladydrivers website, and I tipped 300 Baht.

1 hour ago, Wiley Coyote said:

Can you let me know the curreny price please 

I used them in May, 1000 baht including toll back then. 

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

1 hour ago, Srirachapocalypse said:

I had a Sedan S booked, which is 1000 Baht, there are larger vehicles and other trips for various prices on the namtaxiladydrivers website, and I tipped 300 Baht.

I thought I was generous with my 200 bhat tip.  Maybe I am a cheap charlie after all :Blur:.   These girls work hard no doubt!   Part of them being at the airport early can be the gap between the drop off and return customer to come back to Pattaya.  Last Monday my driver said she had a 3+ hour wait until the return customer was landing. 

It's probably fine I'm still thinking in dollars and doing a rough conversion to baht. Give me a couple days or so I'll be in the proper lane :)

I used Nam several times during lockdown, sometimes I was the driver's first job in two weeks, so it's good to see them now starting to get a return-customer instead of just a one-way trip, even if they do have to wait a few hours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, direct_voyage said:

thought I was generous with my 200 bhat tip

You certainly are. I do the same and it seems highly appreciated. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

One of Nams drivers, Miss Munoon, took me from Pattaya to Bangkok where I am right now. She didn't have enough change upon arrival so I ended up giving a little bit more tip than I usually do. 

But she was a very good driver. The weather was awful but Munoon drove carefully though we couldn't go faster than 40 km/h on the expressway for maybe half an hour. 

• 2 weeks later...

So used Nam many years ago can't remember the procedure.

When I book have to give flight details etc: pickup time and you forth What happens from there ?/?

I want a bit of time so I can get a ph sim at airport that shouldn't be a problem ??

I like to have it all sorted so I can tie up appointment on the way there.

That way I can jump in shower then dump a load asap. 

Nam's for me tomorrow, pick up from the airport a little different this time but no one has had any issues so far so should all be ok.

• Like 1

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

1 hour ago, PThai said:

So used Nam many years ago can't remember the procedure.

When I book have to give flight details etc: pickup time and you forth What happens from there ?/?

I want a bit of time so I can get a ph sim at airport that shouldn't be a problem ??

I like to have it all sorted so I can tie up appointment on the way there.

That way I can jump in shower then dump a load asap. 

Yes send Nam your flight details and she will respond with directions.  A few days before your flight she will email you with detailed instructions along with the name of your driver with a picture of your driver and her car.

I assume you mean a Thai Sim!  Not a problem at all, there are several kiosk's in the baggage claim area, you can usually get a sim card before your checked baggage comes out, and even if it takes a little longer, 5 or 10 minutes isn't a problem.  

Thx catfsh yes a Thai sim I normally get them after collected bag which is where the drivers would normally wait, it should be a problem like you said as it only takes 10min tops to get it working.

2 hours ago, deescreet36 said:

Nam's for me tomorrow, pick up from the airport a little different this time but no one has had any issues so far so should all be ok.

I actually prefer the new pickup spot. Instead of dragging your luggage thru a hot carpark to a hot car you step off the curb into a cool car and off you go. Easy peasy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Normally use Mr T but last trip, pre covid, wasn’t impressed.

Booked today with Nam for November trip via email super response, very good service.

Transferred to Line and number stored in phone. prefer using that than pissing around trying to find an email if there’s a problem.

25 minutes ago, ronthebrummie said:

Normally use Mr T but last trip, pre covid, wasn’t impressed.

Booked today with Nam for November trip via email super response, very good service.

Transferred to Line and number stored in phone. prefer using that than pissing around trying to find an email if there’s a problem.

I just take a photo from the email  of the info she sends me with my phone