IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Very quick response to a booking inquiry using the email link on the website, in fact I was surprised that the reply to my email was at 7:30am Thai time. :)They were happy to book as far out as July 28th. I was given the option of small sedan for 1000 baht or large sedan for 1200 baht. Much piece of mind as things begin to fall into place.

Edited by Srirachapocalypse
  • Like 3

I have Nam's taxi booked,  arriving in two days time, she emailed to say the day before my arrival she will send me the details of the driver and where to meet, the thing is I will be in transit and not sure if I will have coverage, can someone tell me what gate they normally meet their passengers at? I presume its the same as pre-covid where all the other pick ups were but I only always used Mr T and for the life of me can't remember what gate it was. Thanks in advance 

12 minutes ago, Rambo2201 said:

I have Nam's taxi booked,  arriving in two days time, she emailed to say the day before my arrival she will send me the details of the driver and where to meet, the thing is I will be in transit and not sure if I will have coverage, can someone tell me what gate they normally meet their passengers at? I presume its the same as pre-covid where all the other pick ups were but I only always used Mr T and for the life of me can't remember what gate it was. Thanks in advance 

Best I can remember, turn right after going through customs, pass the SIM card stalls, they’ll be just before the escalators that go up to food and car park. I think it’s door 3.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Shit, I know exactly where the Nam girls stand but cannot remember the gate number!

Someone else may be able to help more, but just walk out of passport control, and turn right and walk in a straight line.  Eventually you will come to steps on the right that go up a level, and Nams will be holding a card with you name on it opposite them.

id just email them a couple of days before, explain the situation, and I’m sure they will email you all the details

From an old email from 2019.

"We will be waiting for you at AIRPORT INFORMATION at  between Exit 4 and Exit 3.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Rambo2201 said:

Yes, I received a similar email, and had the same concern. 

I simply emailed back asking to be notified TWO days before, to which I received a positive response almost by return. 

23 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Give the driver a couple hundred baht tip they deserve it. 

Yep!

image.png

I don't know,  but this is turning out to be a bucket of shit, maybe the rules have changed since Covid and they're not allowed to wait in the airport, she emailed me to say she will send a picture of the driver and to keep an eye out for her near 2nd road, gate 3. I fly in three hours. 

31 minutes ago, Rambo2201 said:

I don't know,  but this is turning out to be a bucket of shit, maybe the rules have changed since Covid and they're not allowed to wait in the airport, she emailed me to say she will send a picture of the driver and to keep an eye out for her near 2nd road, gate 3. I fly in three hours. 

Calm down, I don't think anything has changed, other than maybe terminology, it is most likely that they will be waiting for you around gate 3 on level 2, more or less where they always wait!  They also usually give you the driver's phone number so if you have any problems locating them, just give them a call or SMS!

Enjoy your holiday!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, vivid2 said:

These are the instructions she sent whenever I booked a ride….it was always so easy to spot the driver there rather than in the crowded little corner where the mob of drivers wait.  

Please Note How to meet Driver at Airport.

😉## When you have arrived and come out of the Customs Area into the Arrival Hall, turn right, and walk towards the "Meeting Point" near Exit Door 3

We will be waiting for you at AIRPORT INFORMATION at  between Exit 4 and Exit 3

( it is same Floor from immigration ) with your name on a welcome card. 

image.jpeg.bc79887b39a74eca9fdcb9146e40bfc5.jpeg

Can't be any clearer than that thanks.

• Like 2

image.png

Screenshot_20220511-113701.thumb.png.116327a69fc5f6e77f6e216bab6433a1.pngI was picked up by Nam's last month and met my driver outside door 2. Nam sent me the attached photo, a photo of the car, car reg no, and the driver, also the drivers phone number, who was waiting in her car. She also pointed out on the email, if the driver isn't there wait 5 minutes, she might be having to move her car. I guess with fuel prices, loss of income the last 2 years, they save money that way, which I thought was fair enough,  as I paid for a small sedan, plus tip.

It might be worth emailing if you are not already on your way, to specify that you might not have access to emails.

The other option is buy a tourist SIM card, either in the baggage hall or in the airport.

This was the first time I had used Nam's which I found excellent. 

Thanks for all the tips and replies. So it all went very smoothly, sitting in the taxi now. I  got picked up more or less where @mrblueeyes555 posted, at gate 3. What was a big help is I have a Thai number that I gave to them , from what I can gather they're getting grief from the cops , it's supposed to be set down only, no waiting, she rang me and when she knew I was there waiting she drove down and off we went. 

I have booked my return to Suvarnabhumi for this Monday. Have used Nam's taxis a fair few times in the past, always an excellent service.

Shame to hear about them cruising in for the pick up now. Starting to sound how things went in the UK, the next stage is the dreaded drop off charge. Hopefully not.

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

I used her service twice on my last trip Bkk - Pattaya. Very professional. The driver was always fashionably early which was great. I have used her for an airport pick-up pre vid and it was highly efficient.  Recommended.  

56 minutes ago, deescreet36 said:

Shame to hear about them cruising in for the pick up now

Not sure what you mean. It's just an option, yeah? Also, isn't the cheaper small sedan a fairly new thing? 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

For me wheeling my case to my driver's car worked well, as it's not much further than meeting them inside, and we were on our way in seconds. 

Good to hear the outside pick up does work well and obviously saves some time.

I had a friend who used to pick me up from LHR, in a similar way, on a regular basis but it has been stopped with the drop off charge.

I just hope they don't get the same ideas at Suvarnabhumi!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

1 minute ago, Shaygate said:

Did you know that everytime Nam gets an early morning booking she personally wakes up and rings the designated driver to make sure they are awake and going for the pick up?

That's just one of the reasons she has loyal and regular repeat customers. 

She thoroughly deserves her success.

9 minutes ago, Shaygate said:

Did you know that everytime Nam gets an early morning booking she personally wakes up and rings the designated driver to make sure they are awake and going for the pick up?

That's just one of the reasons she has loyal and regular repeat customers. 

She was on the phone to the driver when I showed up. When / if I go back I'll be using her again.