Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

58 minutes ago, Shaygate said:

Nam does tell her drivers no faster than 120kph, no phones etc. There is no need to go any faster unless you are late or held up in traffic of course. Drop nam an email and tell her, she will then speak to the driver or just not use her again. 

I did just that after driver sped and spoke on the phone the whole time, she spoke to the driver and says I have 200B credit now,

Yesterday I sent an email to [email protected]  I have received no acknowledgement as yet. Nam's is usually more proactive with the emails. Something in their procedure seems to have changed????  I sent a reminder via LINE to Nam  that I have sent an email?

I'm wondering if their admin has changed?

@Shaygate  @Encora

Is there any other emails I should be CC in? Does Chanya ( I think this is the admin lady) have a different email to the above?

This has happened the last couple of trips now?

Harry, Chanya told me you sent your booking last night 9.00 local time here, for a cab for tomorrow Feb 5.

Often, when busy, late night emails that do not concern the next day will get replied the next morning. She replied to you at 9.28 local time, you should have received that now.

Let me know if this has been resolved....

17 minutes ago, Encora said:

Harry, Chanya told me you sent your booking last night 9.00 local time here, for a cab for tomorrow Feb 5.

Often, when busy, late night emails that do not concern the next day will get replied the next morning. She replied to you at 9.28 local time, you should have received that now.

Let me know if this has been resolved....

Hi mate,

Yes I have received her reply a short time ago, thanks for your help.

I was just worried if I had the correct email and if I was trying to send to the correct person. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

Hi mate,

I was just worried if I had the correct email and if I was trying to send to the correct person. 

Trust you to leave it short notice again 5555

Glad it sorted and prepare for the big one next week :Beer8:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

Trust you to leave it short notice again 5555

Glad it sorted and prepare for the big one next week :Beer8:

Unfortunately working with CIA I don't have much choice , you know how secretive they are , we wouldn't want everyone to know.  :Oops3:

You wouldn't want Harry to disappear. :Drunk_Party:

6 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

Unfortunately working with CIA I don't have much choice , you know how secretive they are , we wouldn't want everyone to know.  :Oops3:

You wouldn't want Harry to disappear. :Drunk_Party:

Likely you be the first to go MIA next week when out with that scamp Edge and I 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Hi mate,

Actually, both Nam and Chanya have access to Nam's business email email, which is also a handy backup, if one would by chance overlook something, the other will notice it...

• Like 2

I was scheduled to arrive at BKK 15.45PM three days ago, but my flight was early and landed 15.15. No cue at Immigration, and my bag was amongst the first on the carousel. Still the driver was there waiting for me. At 15.45 I was already in the taxi, and at 17.15 I was in Pattaya. I love Nams taxi!

On 05/02/2020 at 12:35, Encora said:

Actually, both Nam and Chanya have access to Nam's business email email, which is also a handy backup, if one would by chance overlook something, the other will notice it...

Thanks Encore.

All was fine  in the end. 

I landed at Suvarhnaphumi on time, a bit of a hold up waiting for my bags  ( I thought they must've had a dinner break half way through.). I met  Gai (new driver for me)  at the designated spot. She  was a very good driver and her English was ok. 

26 minutes ago, Harry Brown said:

Thanks Encore.

All was fine  in the end. 

I landed at Suvarhnaphumi on time, a bit off a hols up waiting for my bags  ( I thought they must've had a dinner break half way through.). I met  Gai (new driver for me)  yt the designated spot. She  was a very good driver and her English was ok. 

Welcome back to Thailand Harry. Lock up yer daughters ladies!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

image.png

Used Nam Taxi from recommendations on this thread for a pickup at BKK airport no problems at all! Super smooth pickup at the arrival gates and into the spacious air conditioned car with water. Sat back and loaded up TF on the drive down. 

Once I got the lay of the land I did notice you can get slightly cheaper transfers around town, however I'm willing to pay that bit extra for peace of mind and quality of service. I booked the return trip to bkk too and the driver was super punctual ready and waiting outside hotel.

1 hour ago, gatorade88 said:

Once I got the lay of the land I did notice you can get slightly cheaper transfers around town, however I'm willing to pay that bit extra for peace of mind and quality of service. I booked the return trip to bkk too and the driver was super punctual ready and waiting outside hotel.

I think that is how most of her regular customers (me included) feel. If that were ever to falter, she would have problems.

52 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I think that is how most of her regular customers (me included) feel. If that were ever to falter, she would have problems.

Yes indeed. But the crucial factor here is, if that were to happen (and mistakes do happen) she needs to know.

If she doesn't get feedback, especially on things that went wrong, she cannot  fix them.
For quality control she is reliant on her customers, so if you have a gripe, or a suggestion about something that could be improved, please TELL HER!
You can also tell her when you are happy about the service you received, they love hearing that....

Thank you for your cooperation, never forget, your feedback is an essential link in her quality  control.

Just booked Nam for my 1st Pattaya trip, was going to just go to the taxi rank and hope for the best or maybe or go to the bus station but after a long flight and since I get there at around 4pm it seems like it's best to just get there ASAP so I don't waste a night.

I have been a big a fan/supporter of Nam’s service, going back to when SHE was my driver.

That said, I too have been disappointed in her lack of responsiveness to emails lately.

If she prefers contact via email - as has been stated - and has two people monitoring the account, it shouldn’t be too difficult to respond to people within 24 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I always contact her through Line and she always respond within a few hours. 

Never had any problems and her driver's has always been there on time. 

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

2 hours ago, Jesper said:

I always contact her through Line and she always respond within a few hours. 

Never had any problems and her driver's has always been there on time. 

Same, always used line to book Nam's taxis and never had a problem. Personally, I hate email and will be glad to see it go the way of the fax. Another advantage of line is that she sees my picture and so always recognizes me. That would not happen with email. A huge disadvantage with email is that if you post your email anywhere public you will get lots of spam and so many legit emails get buried.

Edited by Kahoy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, I just booked my flights and hotels. First time to Thailand.

So I just email the Gmail account on the website to schedule a ride?

My plane arrives at 9:40pm to BKK and I'd have to go through customs, then I need to exchange money, then try and get a DTAC SIM. What time should I schedule with Nam? Going to Pattaya.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, nXt said:

My plane arrives at 9:40pm to BKK and I'd have to go through customs, then I need to exchange money, then try and get a DTAC SIM. What time should I schedule with Nam? Going to Pattaya.

Thanks!

Nam will ask for your flight number and arrival time. They’ll figure it out from there, I’ve never had to give her a specific pick up time. 

1 hour ago, nXt said:

Thanks!

10 to 20 mins to deplane

?? mins for bathroom 

5 to 10  mins to walk to immigration

10 to 35 mins to clear customs/immigration

10 to 15 mins for SIM 

5 mins for money exchange

• Like 2

If its busy ignore all the above:P, on a serious note i just tell Nam my arrival time and thats it, sometimes i`ve got through the formalities quickly, sometimes not so quick.

28 minutes ago, vimto66 said:

If its busy ignore all the above:P, on a serious note i just tell Nam my arrival time and thats it, sometimes i`ve got through the formalities quickly, sometimes not so quick.

Same for me, all she wants to know is your airline, flight number and where its coming from. She will work out the rest of it.

If I land a few minutes early and zip through immigration and the luggage is waiting for me, I may stop at AIS 12 Call and get a phone/data load before going to the meeting place.

Like other had said, delayed or early flight her driver has always been there waiting.

LeoTex

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 2 months later...

i hope she survives ok through all of this as she puts a very good service out to the public

• Thanks 2