IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

17 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Who would book an airport pickup less than a couple of days before? 

hmm, I booked mine for July 28th already :)

On 02/05/2022 at 17:43, Drew57 said:

Going by this thread ..Nam it is for my up coming trip 

Well I used her service and can say overall it was good, the pick up on the way back staying at vt6 the driver rang to say she be 5 minutes late cos she had to use the toilet 555 

On 29/05/2022 at 10:36, Encora said:

Yes, and I have been thinking of ways she could unload that task of waking up many times in the middle of the night to alert a driver, because I believe it cannot do her night rest a lot of good. Anyone knows of an app that can be programmed to do these calls?

Twilio and MessageBird are the two platforms I can think of that would work the best for that sort of thing internationally. The others I'm familiar with are all very US/EU-centric.

Edited by skwashdem
grammar

My last trip was 2018 and always used Mr T without major problems but the vehicles were always a bit random (one time a minibus) I have booked for a Nov trip and need a taxi can you really recommend for an advance booking?

4 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I have booked for a Nov trip and need a taxi can you really recommend for an advance booking?

Nams taxi is the link for fees and to book.

15 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Nams taxi is the link for fees and to book.

Thanks, the link took loads of time to load and then the FB link is closed.

2 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Thanks, the (Nam's Taxi) link took loads of time to load and then the FB link is closed.

Just checked it using Bing browser on Windows desktop computer. Opened instantly.

Not so far to LoS from Australia as from UK.

9 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Just checked it using Bing browser on Windows desktop computer. Opened instantly.

Not so far to LoS from Australia as from UK.

Cheers I tried it direct from bing and "got it" I am a dinosaur especially with tech, many thanks for your help I will book now.

3 hours ago, Jebb said:

I used Nam's for a pickup 2 days ago from Suv-Pattay

you behave yourself Jebb !! enjoy your stay

3 hours ago, Jebb said:

certainly deserved her 300bht tip. Another first class experience with Nam's taxis for me

Youre generous, makes my 200 baht tip seem cheapskate.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

you behave yourself Jebb !! enjoy your stay

Scouts honour! :Laugh1:

• Haha 2

image.png

4 hours ago, Jebb said:

I used Nam's for a pickup 2 days ago from Suv-Pattaya. Sadly Yuri has gone back to the village due to tough times but Miss Noina was waiting outside Gate 3 for me in a nice clean Mitsubishi as I walked out. Cute as a button and drove very carefully through several violent rainstorms. She hastened to add that she is married with two children and has worked for Nam for three years. English is only so so but certainly deserved her 300bht tip. Another first class experience with Nam's taxis for me.  :ThumbUp6:

Had Noina on her first drive three years ago.  There was another driver then to show her her the ropes.

And again, arrival 24May.  VG driver.  Also is Nam's younger sister.

Have used Nams taxi all this trip pickup bangkock to pattaya hotel then hotel to dm aiport for udon thani pick up from dm after chiang mai return to pats and booked to take to airport hotel on return to uk all good so far most booked on line app comes back with pic of car and driver and time pickup and cost.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2022 at 01:21, Jebb said:

I used Nam's for a pickup 2 days ago from Suv-Pattaya. Sadly Yuri has gone back to the village due to tough times but Miss Noina was waiting outside Gate 3 for me in a nice clean Mitsubishi as I walked out. Cute as a button and drove very carefully through several violent rainstorms. She hastened to add that she is married with two children and has worked for Nam for three years. English is only so so but certainly deserved her 300bht tip. Another first class experience with Nam's taxis for me.  :ThumbUp6:

When you say Gate 3 do you mean at arrivals or departures?  Sounds a dumb question, but earlier this month on a return from Ubon, the driver picked us up at gate 3 departures, he said he wasn't allowed to pick up at arrivals? My usual on arrival from UK is gate 3 arrivals then walk to the car park.

3 minutes ago, BigLicks said:

When you say Gate 3 do you mean at arrivals or departures?  Sounds a dumb question, but earlier this month on a return from Ubon, the driver picked us up at gate 3 departures, he said he wasn't allowed to pick up at arrivals? My usual on arrival from UK is gate 3 arrivals then walk to the car park.

Arrivals, I walked across the first road and she was waiting on the second road.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png

5 minutes ago, Jebb said:

Arrivals, I walked across the first road and she was waiting on the second road.

Same. It was the same floor as the bag claim.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jebb said:

I have always been met by Nam's drivers at the meeting point inside the terminal.  Is that not possible any more?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Jebb said:

It can get crowded there, particularly if the driver does not know precisely when you will be ready. 

I asked Nam to give me the driver's tel number, and I called the driver when I got to the Gate. The driver was with me in under a minute. 

• Like 2

On 16/06/2022 at 12:08, Barhop said:

ad Noina on her first drive three years ago.  There was another driver then to show her her the ropes.

That was almost certainly her sister, Nam, likes to keep an eye on new recruits....

Noina had been driving for years, but only got her license to start driving a taxi. I understand Nam had been driving since age 17, but only got her license many years after...
Currently, she is getting her younger sister (20) to get her driving license.....

On a different note, hey guys, if you know your flight date and your departure time, can you please book a few days at least before you plan to need your taxi?
Late bookings are complicating driver allocation and planning, if you know anyway, early booking makes her life a lot easier...

But the good thing is, Chanya, Nam's admin assistance, is back in action. She was out of action for a few days, flying to UK to take her daughter to meet daughters father, now arrived safely, got over jet lag, and back in action...
Takes a load off Nam and the system is working again like before....

As I have written before, if you have any good OR bad experiences, please feed them back to Nam directly by email, or here on this thread. She needs any feedback, even negative, to be able to improve her service....

8 hours ago, ocka said:

I have always been met by Nam's drivers at the meeting point inside the terminal.  Is that not possible any more?

OUTSIDE arrivals Gate3 

12 hours ago, ocka said:

Apparently not. I think you need to walk outside and she will be either waiting or driving in a circuit, so keep an eye out for her car.

Or when you land send her or Nam a message on LINE.