IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

3 hours ago, Jebb said:

Miss Yuri driving and has always been a first class experience.

She's absolutely aces in my book.

• Like 2

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

On 26/12/2020 at 19:17, frantick said:

Anyone know if Nam's drivers service into Bangkok; Sukummvit Soi 11 area probably? I only used them for swampy rides but am planning a weekend in Bangkok with my LLT.

Question appears to have been answered, but I thought I would chime in.

Pre-COVID, my trips typically involved 2 or 3 nights in Bangkok, usually in the area around the Erawan Shrine.  I always used Nam's service to pick me up at the hotel and drive me down to Pattaya (and then from Pattaya back to Swampy). I NEVER had a problem. Almost every time, her driver was early. 

Like @Jebb, I was lucky to get Yuri for a number of recent trips. She's EXCELLENT!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jebb said:

and has always been a first class experience

.......Almost makes me think I have been missing out on something?

6 hours ago, mattmoore1965x said:

.......Almost makes me think I have been missing out on something?

Oh not like that 555. Excellent English, good conversation, discreet (most important), spotless car and safe driver. After using her once there is no need for a sign, she will remember your face and where you live, always 15 - 20 minutes early for pickup at the house.

image.png

4 minutes ago, dh842 said:

One of her drivers did give me a hug after I paid her and added a small tip. 

Just a caution. Always pay her before you pull up at the airport, if the authorities see money changing hands they will question her. The cover story is always that I am her boyfriend. That may explain the hug. 555

image.png

7 hours ago, Jebb said:

Just a caution. Always pay her before you pull up at the airport, if the authorities see money changing hands they will question her. The cover story is always that I am her boyfriend. That may explain the hug. 555

I think the authorities will need more convincing than just a hug. :GrinNod1:

19 hours ago, Jebb said:

After using her once

You are doing it again....:wink:

• Haha 2

• 3 months later...
On 15/05/2020 at 07:22, Encora said:

There maybe light at the end of the tunnel.....

Straight from her facebook:

We are back in business!

Until the 31st May we can supply taxis as long as the journeys do not start before 05:00 and the last journey leaves at 20:00. On the first of June we will be able to resume normal hours.

We hope to see you soon.

I suppose in the next few weeks this is aimed mostly at expats, but it is good to have a sign of life.

I notice her Facebook account no longer exists?

emailed her this morning about a pickup tonight 

8 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I notice her Facebook account no longer exists?

emailed her this morning about a pickup tonight 

I think she got fed up with Facebook and she has enough keeping up with Line, email, WhatsApp, FB messenger, Instagram and her website etc. 

But she is still working, obviously not at the levels she was pre covid, but feel free to contact her for all your transport needs :D

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for slow reply, been off the board for a few weeks. 

Yes, still working, and happy to find you a ride. 
[email protected]

Yes, she had a sudden "I'm sick of it" reaction to FB, and went off it. her main business is via email, or for existing customers, phone or LINE

• 3 months later...

Nam just corrected me, said curfew is 21.00 until 4.00, so starts and hour earlier, so you'd have to arrive at the airport before 19.30 or 7.30 PM to allow your driver to get him in time.
I am myself out of the country, so missed that detail...

I left a couple of weeks ago, when it looked unlikely I'd get a vaccine anytime soon. Just cleared quarantine in my country, getting my first Pfizer jab next Monday....

2 hours ago, Encora said:

Nam has asked me to give the following update related to travel at this time.

Thank you for the info, and good to hear that Nam is still able to operate her business. I have used her taxi service on both my trips and will look forward to doing so again when I am able to return.

Good luck with your vaccinations.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 months later...

Booked Nam for my upcoming return to Pattaya (from Suvarnabhumi).

I contacted her via email and got a quick response (as before).

Nam offers a great service ... prompt & reliable ...... never been let down , by far the best

On 23/10/2021 at 07:54, Kickoff said:

Any plans to be a SHA+ approved taxi service?

Yes,does the Thai government allow us to use independent taxi firms or has it to be a SHA approved service ?

I have always been impressed by Meows  reliable taxi service 

2 minutes ago, Wiley Coyote said:

Yes,does the Thai government allow us to use independent taxi firms or has it to be a SHA approved service ?

I have always been impressed by Meows  reliable taxi service 

that is not known yet.

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

• 1 month later...

Nam does not have the required SHA+ rating, but has told me very clearly that all her drivers are fully vaccinated. The SHA+ rating seems to be reserved for fully licensed commercial taxi services, as in Green plate taxis. But although she cannot pick you up from the airport and deliver you to an SHA+ hotel for your one night stay before you clear your test, she is more than happy to be able to pick you up once you have cleared the test. In fact, she picked up me and my partner, after 4 months absence, and I got a nice hug on her meeting us. For anyone concerned, I was fully faxed with Pfizer, so was she!

I don’t see Kung in that foto. Of course, two years has passed and maybe she left.

TGOEA

I am booked to return next April. I will be booking Nam to collect me from the hotel after my required one night stay in Bangkok and bring me to Pattaya. Great to see she is still in business. She has always provided me with a first class taxi service.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Had a fantastic service from Nam's taxis on Friday bringing me from Asoke, central Bangkok to Pattaya.

Email communication was instantaneous and very professional. My lovely driver Moonun turned up an hour early in an immaculate Toyota Fortuna with leather seats. She drove calmly but with authority through the madness of central Bangkok and then stuck to a steady 90-100 KMH and we reached Pattaya in just over 2 hrs.

It's a shame she did not speak much English, I would like to have to get to know her more :)

Cost a very reasonable 1600 from central Bangkok. I will always use Nam's in the future for this trip.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

• 3 weeks later...