Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

On 19/02/2024 at 19:23, DD Rick said:

Have been driven to and from Pattaya twice now by Noina and her small sedan. In between my first and 2nd trips she's upgraded her car as before she had a shitty Mitsubishi Mirage type thing, now she's got a new Toyota Vios which is a perfectly adequate car to travel in. If you can get the small car booked there's no point going in anything else unless you're an absolute beast or you have 6 big suitcases. 

This is quite funny to me.

Noina started driving a taxi a few years ago, in a new car bought by her older sister to help her into the job, a white Vios.

After about 8 months or so, she got in a steady relationship and decided that rather then making the repayment for a car in her sisters name, she would buy her own, probably supported in this by her BF. She handed the Vios back to older sister.

A few months ago, her relation unfortunately broke up, she lost that Mitsi.
Her sister, who used to have brand new Camry, but lost it during COVID (like many other drivers did, unfortunately) had driven the Vios for personal use. (she didn't need the bigger car anymore since she wasn't driving a taxi.)
Finally, the sister decided to buy a new smaller car for personal use, about the same time Noina lost her "Shitty Mirage", and gave the Vios back to her younger sister....
The VIOS is about 4 years old, but well maintained.  

18 hours ago, Encora said:

A few months ago, her relation unfortunately broke up, she lost that Mitsi.
Her sister, who used to have brand new Camry, but lost it during COVID (like many other drivers did,

Thank you for the info @Encora. It makes me realise the precarious existence that these drivers have to cope with.

Back in October 2017 my trip from the airport was with a driver named Noina.  At that time she was driving a Camry.  Would this be the same lady?  I remember her as a good driver and very polite.   I hope she is doing well.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 24/02/2024 at 09:13, ocka said:

Thank you for the info @Encora. It makes me realise the precarious existence that these drivers have to cope with.

Back in October 2017 my trip from the airport was with a driver named Noina.  At that time she was driving a Camry.  Would this be the same lady?  I remember her as a good driver and very polite.   I hope she is doing well.

Not 100% certain but pretty sure that the Noina mentioned by the first poster who started this sub thread, was still working in a previous occupation and that her sister had not bought he Camry yet. No idea who your 2017 driver could have been. 

• 1 month later...

Announcement on behalf of Nam's Taxis:

Due to extreme traffic congestion, we only operate on limited hours during Songkran. Our working time on 13 April to 18th April 2024.

* ( not take any bookings on 19th April)

From Suvarnabhumi Airport or Bangkok city to Pattaya 05:00 - 13:00 From Pattaya to Suvarnabhumi airport or Bangkok city 03:00 -15:00AFTERnoons, the centre of Pattaya 

I love the service, professionalism by the correspondence staff and the same with the drivers.  One thing I have noticed is that they all seem to be good drivers in never having to brake hard or any jerking of the steering wheel. 

I have actually not been able to always book them lately as some times they're fully booked.  I have had to book private cars on my own and two times I had two different women.  These women were a bit rougher on their driving skills and definitely had me watching the road more and not being able to sleep as well.   Made me miss the drivers from Nam's even more!

I was picked up at the airport by Noina last year. She was very pleasant and a safe driver. The car was tiny but that's what I paid for. 

Used the service again recently. Arrived 30 mins early but the lady driver was already waiting. Very smooth service.

Upon return i received an email stating they had no lady drivers so had to send a male driver and they were very apologetic. Even asked to speak to me when the driver arrived and apologised to me once again

The male driver was fine and drove just as well as the lady drivers. No complaints

Excellent service once again, Thanks guys

Nams no long doing service between DMK airport and Pattaya for some reason

On 12/04/2024 at 07:48, splitpin said:

Nams no long doing service between DMK airport and Pattaya for some reason

It’s been a very long time since they stopped going to and from DMK. I’ve used Cherry’s taxi for that route. 

It's not widely advertised but Nam's will also pick you up from Bangkok airport and drop you off in Downtown Bangkok subject to driver availability. Price from airport to Sukumvit was 800baht ( i just gave a 1000 note ) which compares favorably with the Bangkok based providers. I used Nam's service three times on my recent trip: Airport to Bangkok, Bangkok to Pattaya and Pattaya to Airport and all three journeys went smoothly with good advance communication.

5 hours ago, Encora said:

A brief warning to passengers to and from the airport. The Dubai airport is reported closed after unusually high rainfall and serious flooding. This means that many flights from there will be late, maybe by many hours. This is likely to cause some disruption in the organized taxi services. Please be patient, the taxi organizers, such as Nam and others will be doing what they can, but, coupled with Songkran in Pattaya, some delays are inevitable.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/video/dubai-rain-flash-floods-airport-2528253-2024-04-17

As one of Nam's customers told her "my flight had new departure times changed 13 times so far".
some flights have been simply canceled altogether.

For the taxi services, many of the schedules are tightly packed, matching drop offs for flights out to be followed by pick ups from an arriving flight. If one flight is substantially delayed, it has ripple effect. If numerous flights are delayed or cancelled, that ripple effect will be very bad.
Please, if your taxi service is disrupted, do not take it out on your driver or the taxi operator, it is out of their hands, they just do the best they can to resolve the mess. And while you may feel pissed off at a few hours wait, they cop the loss of income, and that comes out of their own pocket. This happening during Pattaya Songkran makes it extra difficult for all involved. 
I would ask for patience and accepting that sometimes, shit just happens.....