Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

15 hours ago, DagS said:

It's a bit strange. When I traveled with a small taxi in December, the driver (Tammy) was a bit sad because she got so few assignments because she had a small car.

Well, I'd take that with a grain of salt, I recently talked with another driver I know well, who was a bit sad because she thought she was getting fewer rides because she had a Fortuner and she said many customers were asking for a small car....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 01/02/2024 at 23:01, alecranb said:

As I answered you on the other thread:

I used her my last trip(9 of January), she pick me up exactly at 5:30AM at my hotel

:Hello1:

I've used her this earlier or earlier many times, the driver has always been about 20 to 30 minutes early actually.  No problem at all and alot less traffic this early so they are happy.

I wanted a small car and so emailed two months early - it didn't work as they were all booked.

I've used Nam's a few times now & have no need to use anyone else.

When I stayed at Baraquda they showed up at 11:02 for a 11am pickup in the peak of the 2nd rd & Soi 15 construction SNAFU

6 hours ago, Downandup said:

I wanted a small car and so emailed two months early - it didn't work as they were all booked.

Same same

6 hours ago, Downandup said:

28 minutes ago, bobbyg said:

Same same

As I mentioned earlier, the same thing happened to me, but the day before when confirming the driver I was informed that a small car was now available and was automatically switched for me, so they do take note and will appear to change if one becomes available.

I also remember from before someone saying that generally the drivers willing to do late night and very early morning flights are the drivers with bigger sedans, so that could be an issue too. My most recent one converted from a medium to a small was later afternoon, whereas the other ones when no small car was available were very early morning flights.

How long does the journey from downtown Patts to the airport take? The bus is a little over 90 minutes if I remember right. Have a flight leaving at 8am and want to the at the airport around 4:30am. Thinking to book a taxi for 3am. Would this be too early?

Which airport? SUV or DM.

If SUV then 4.30am arrival is far to early for 8am flight..would suggest 5.30am arrival and leave Pattaya at 4am/4.15am.

1 hour ago, thainet said:

If SUV then 4.30am arrival is far to early for 8am flight..would suggest 5.30am arrival and leave Pattaya at 4am/4.15am.

I agree. That time of the night roads are empty, 4.00 AM pick up should be fine.
Just a question, are you travelling in the next week r so? Chinese NY may cause a delay...
When in doubt, ask Nam when you are booking her, she will be in the position to advise you.

3 hours ago, thainet said:

Don't think Nam offers service to DMK.

6 hours ago, Encora said:

Just a question, are you travelling in the next week r so? Chinese NY may cause a delay...

I am yes. That’s why I was thinking about being at Suvanabhumi 4 hours before my flight leaves. Plus I have lounge access. I’ll send a message to Nam asking what she suggests. Perhaps leaving at 3:30am would be the best compromise.

16 hours ago, AndyCBKK said:

How long does the journey from downtown Patts to the airport take? The bus is a little over 90 minutes if I remember right. Have a flight leaving at 8am and want to the at the airport around 4:30am. Thinking to book a taxi for 3am. Would this be too early?

My last several journeys from Pattaya to airport have all been just under 90 minutes.

I usually book taxi for 5 hours before my flight as I’ve always been pretty anal about getting to the airport early but I’m now comfortable with booking anything from 4 and a half hours. 

I always have lounge access so would rather know I’m there and relax in lounge than turn up later.

Some airlines don’t open check-in until about 3 hours before departure so it can depend who you fly with and whether they have other departing flights.

7 hours ago, AndyCBKK said:

I am yes. That’s why I was thinking about being at Suvanabhumi 4 hours before my flight leaves. Plus I have lounge access. I’ll send a message to Nam asking what she suggests. Perhaps leaving at 3:30am would be the best compromise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Think I'll book for a 3:30am departure from Patts. Thanks all. 

Well a cry in the wilderness from me

After a few previous uses of Nams taxis, I had a most disagreeable experience with pick-up at Suvarnabhumi following my latest arrival earlier this week.

Back to seeking a suitable alternative going forward

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, regyai said:

After a few previous uses of Nams taxis, I had a most disagreeable experience with pick-up at Suvarnabhumi following my latest arrival earlier this week.

Care to enlighten us....?

3 hours ago, RomaBob said:

Care to enlighten us....?

If it matters so much why not;

shortly after booking I emailed to say that the 'your driver will be' email I always miss as it's sent the day before the pick-up and I'm already travelling (and until I get to my destination and hook up the computer my usual email addresses are not available to me) so I gave an alternate email (linked to my mobile) and also my Thai mobile # just in case. This was duly acknowledged by return mail.

Flight landed a few minutes early, I scampered on past the queues to the Fast Track lanes and through to baggage in short order. Mine was the third out onto the belt...all doing fine so far.

Turned on the mobile, and, no email. Onwards to Gate 3. but no one in the usual spot adjacent to the actual door and as far you could see a 360 degrees of multitunious names on display. No email/no drivers contact #. Distance specs on and off name spotting.

Curiously my mobile rings, it's the driver asking 'where are you?' 'at Gate 3, where are you?' 'I go kin khow, you can wait 15 minutes?'(sic) ' Absolutely not, what I can do is take the short walk to the Taxi Meters and be gone' This goes back and forth till the penny drops and she realises the ramifications of what I'm saying then says 'OK I be there in five minutes'. Knowing that in all likelihood this will be code for say five take fifteen anyhow I explained 'well if we're not walking to your car in five minutes from now, I will be walking to the taxi meters'. She made the deadline having foregone the meal break but salvaged the drink. Then all the nonsense via Google Translate begins: I go washroom and buy water (?) pointing out the obvious deviations from the truth (already told me she was eating, and she had no water with her) induced the usual whipped dog cringe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, I was curious, used nams many times never had an issue. Perhaps this was a new girl.

Never ever had this issue with Nam and ive used them countless amount of times. 

Theyre always waiting at the designated spot regardless of delays etc

As RomaBob said...perhaps a new driver

Sent an email at 16:00 this afternoon and haven’t received a reply (now close to 22:30). I was thinking that I’d get a reply within a few hours. I think I’ll book a hotel near the airport for the night before - just to be on the safe side. I did ask for a 3:30am pickup so imagine that was a problem.

1 hour ago, bobbyg said:

Never ever had this issue with Nam and ive used them countless amount of times. 

Theyre always waiting at the designated spot regardless of delays etc

As RomaBob said...perhaps a new driver

I’ve had issues with Nams (probably twice out of 50 times using her) nothing is perfect and it’s not a bad ratio 

2 hours ago, regyai said:

If it matters so much why not;

shortly after booking I emailed to say that the 'your driver will be' email I always miss as it's sent the day before the pick-up and I'm already travelling (and until I get to my destination and hook up the computer my usual email addresses are not available to me) so I gave an alternate email (linked to my mobile) and also my Thai mobile # just in case. This was duly acknowledged by return mail.

Flight landed a few minutes early, I scampered on past the queues to the Fast Track lanes and through to baggage in short order. Mine was the third out onto the belt...all doing fine so far.

Turned on the mobile, and, no email. Onwards to Gate 3. but no one in the usual spot adjacent to the actual door and as far you could see a 360 degrees of multitunious names on display. No email/no drivers contact #. Distance specs on and off name spotting.

Curiously my mobile rings, it's the driver asking 'where are you?' 'at Gate 3, where are you?' 'I go kin khow, you can wait 15 minutes?'(sic) ' Absolutely not, what I can do is take the short walk to the Taxi Meters and be gone' This goes back and forth till the penny drops and she realises the ramifications of what I'm saying then says 'OK I be there in five minutes'. Knowing that in all likelihood this will be code for say five take fifteen anyhow I explained 'well if we're not walking to your car in five minutes from now, I will be walking to the taxi meters'. She made the deadline having foregone the meal break but salvaged the drink. Then all the nonsense via Google Translate begins: I go washroom and buy water (?) pointing out the obvious deviations from the truth (already told me she was eating, and she had no water with her) induced the usual whipped dog cringe.

Did you report this issue back to Nam?
The only way she can monitor her drivers is by getting feedback from the customers. In this case, the driver will most likely get a warning, and if any further complaints happen she would simply be struck off the list of drivers.
But if Nam is not notified, she cannot do anything to stop this from happening again.

I am not going to try and justify the drivers inappropriate response to you, but the likely explanation for her to be late to meet you in the first place maybe that you were very early. Drivers usually know how long it takes to get through customs, often half an hour from touchdown, but can take a lot longer as well. She misjudged her timing.
But her response "Can you wait 15 minutes while I finish my meal" is simply not acceptable. Yes, she maybe new, but has to learn  that her customer is first priority. 
But she won't learn that unless you report her.

Used for many years, and never had a problem with Nams.

Got picked up last week, and everything went as smoothly as always.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My flight was delayed by 2 hours on my last trip but Nam's driver was waiting for me with a smile.  On my return, I booked my ride at 6:00 AM.  My driver was already waiting outside when I got out of my villa 10 minutes earlier.

Every business has a little hiccup.  i have never had any problems with Nam's taxi yet.