IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

14 hours ago, AndyCBKK said:

Sent an email at 16:00 this afternoon and haven’t received a reply (now close to 22:30). I was thinking that I’d get a reply within a few hours. I think I’ll book a hotel near the airport for the night before - just to be on the safe side. I did ask for a 3:30am pickup so imagine that was a problem.

Book a hotel near the airport is a good idea. After flying from Finland, you've travelled enough for one day.

From Australia it is only 9 hours in the plane, but a 4-hour time change so my 1930 arrival on ThaiAir is getting on for midnight on my body clock.

Good nearby hotel with free shuttle bus is Sinsuvarn Airport Suite Hotel. If you check out by 1200, you have had a good sleep. Taxi or bus to your hotel in Pattaya.

I have an idea you can book Novotel at the airport for just 12 hours. More expensive; you may care to check. Up to you.

To all the 'file a complaint with Nams' people the two-pronged aspect of the debacle has been overlooked. Had the back office sent the email to the advised (and acknowledged) one then I'd have been on the phone to the driver as soon as I'd seen the 'no show'. I use them not for the oft trumpeted 'oh so careful drivers' but more for the seemingly 'joined up' admin, here that admin also failed miserably and the driver (who from first-hand experience is not new) had a cavalier attitude in carrying out the one task on her morning's agenda.

'Should have OKd it and gone changed money and bought a SIM'.  Pu-lease - would that I was a wide-eyed noob of yesteryear that would a) acquiesce to such abuse or b) require access to Thai currency or mobile telecoms 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, regyai said:

If it matters so much why not;

shortly after booking I emailed to say that the 'your driver will be' email I always miss as it's sent the day before the pick-up and I'm already travelling (and until I get to my destination and hook up the computer my usual email addresses are not available to me) so I gave an alternate email (linked to my mobile) and also my Thai mobile # just in case. This was duly acknowledged by return mail.

Flight landed a few minutes early, I scampered on past the queues to the Fast Track lanes and through to baggage in short order. Mine was the third out onto the belt...all doing fine so far.

Turned on the mobile, and, no email. Onwards to Gate 3. but no one in the usual spot adjacent to the actual door and as far you could see a 360 degrees of multitunious names on display. No email/no drivers contact #. Distance specs on and off name spotting.

Curiously my mobile rings, it's the driver asking 'where are you?' 'at Gate 3, where are you?' 'I go kin khow, you can wait 15 minutes?'(sic) ' Absolutely not, what I can do is take the short walk to the Taxi Meters and be gone' This goes back and forth till the penny drops and she realises the ramifications of what I'm saying then says 'OK I be there in five minutes'. Knowing that in all likelihood this will be code for say five take fifteen anyhow I explained 'well if we're not walking to your car in five minutes from now, I will be walking to the taxi meters'. She made the deadline having foregone the meal break but salvaged the drink. Then all the nonsense via Google Translate begins: I go washroom and buy water (?) pointing out the obvious deviations from the truth (already told me she was eating, and she had no water with her) induced the usual whipped dog cringe.

What was the drivers name?

they are not exactly all “equal” I had a right miserable old cow a few weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, Gonetothedogs said:

What was the drivers name?

they are not exactly all “equal” I had a right miserable old cow a few weeks ago. 

Nid Noi (possibly also doubles up as a reference to her level of employability)

Smokes a black Fortuner

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, regyai said:

Smokes a black Fortuner

Thanks, don’t know her 

6 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

Book a hotel near the airport is a good idea. After flying from Finland, you've travelled enough for one day.

Thanks. Actually going the other way but I have this fear of missing flights so don’t want to mess up. Good hotel recommendation. 🙏 

I have always used nams always a great service with zero problems.

The last 3 times I’ve tried to book a small car there have been none available despite booking at least 3 weeks in advance.This is not a problem as medium is only 200 baht more.

Today I sent an enquiry for a price from Pattaya to swampy then onto Bangkok.I didn’t mention times or dates yet the email said this-

All small sedan unavailable at this date and time my really apologies we can not help you with small sedan.

anyone else had this?

I’ve done two return trips BKK to Pattaya over the last month, Bht 1200 every time. 

I don’t specify the size of car just say that it’s one passenger with one suitcase and carry on.  Don’t know anything about Japanese cars but I can say all journeys were in a large enough comfortable car. 

Have used Nam a fair number of times and at all times of the day and night. Driver has coped with flight delays in a seamless manner. A stress free experience, on time and a competent safe driver. 

Not price sensitive to a few hundred Baht. Much more concerned about the service level which, in my experience,  excellent. 

If your to tight to pay the extra 200b then maybe stay home. 

They do a great job and have another 6 days until I get picked up at the airport at 5.20am . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/02/2024 at 22:19, regyai said:

Smokes a black Fortuner

I had her going to BKK. She was friendly enough, but a terrible driver, followed way too close, kept pulsing the gas the whole time, almost smacked into two cars and barely stopped for the toll booth I thought we were going to hit the bar.  I let them know.  If I wanted a shit driver I would have just got a Grab for the same price (marginally cheaper, in fact). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/02/2024 at 20:43, Snowbird99 said:

I’ve done two return trips BKK to Pattaya over the last month, Bht 1200 every time. 

I don’t specify the size of car just say that it’s one passenger with one suitcase and carry on.  Don’t know anything about Japanese cars but I can say all journeys were in a large enough comfortable car. 

Have used Nam a fair number of times and at all times of the day and night. Driver has coped with flight delays in a seamless manner. A stress free experience, on time and a competent safe driver. 

Not price sensitive to a few hundred Baht. Much more concerned about the service level which, in my experience,  excellent. 

Same, booked suv 1400, im quite tall so loads of room and great driver . For now i wouldnt go elsewhere.

12 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

I had her going to BKK. She was friendly enough, but a terrible driver, followed way too close, kept pulsing the gas the whole time, almost smacked into two cars and barely stopped for the toll booth I thought we were going to hit the bar.  I let them know.  If I wanted a shit driver I would have just got a Grab for the same price (marginally cheaper, in fact). 

What was Nam's answer when you let her know about this as I'm sure you would have?

I know I would have to ensure it would happen again to fellow travelers. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Have used on last trip. Seemless both ways, but made a bit of a mix up and thought the lady friver wasa man, all very embaressing really. 

Have booked again for the 29th evening arrival. Will review properly this time round...

• Confused 3

https://arewethere.yt/MUFFINGSLUTS-STARTS-MUFFING-SLUTS/116081

Mainly too drunk to fuck nowadays........

4 hours ago, LeoTex said:

What was Nam's answer when you let her know about this as I'm sure you would have?

I know I would have to ensure it would happen again to fellow travelers. 

Thanked me for telling her and said driver had been “reprimanded” which is a little OTT but I assume is a translation thing. Only emailed them when I saw a complaint above about the same lady because she’s clearly letting the side down. 

5 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Thanked me for telling her and said driver had been “reprimanded” which is a little OTT but I assume is a translation thing. Only emailed them when I saw a complaint above about the same lady because she’s clearly letting the side down. 

Thank you. This is really the only way to keep tabs on the quality of the drivers. Nam is concerned about quality and especially safety, but there is little else she can do if nobody brings it to her attention.

in the past she has on occasion taken a ride with new drivers, but that only tells half the story, they are obviously on best behaviour when driving with the boss.

I've always managed to get the small car. I send comms around 3-4 weeks before the trip for both the arriving and departing trip and book both at the same time.  

All is fine with the service really but could do with getting the driver name and picture email earlier as it always arrives when I'm flying so I can't even read it until I'm at BKK airport and have my ESIM set up and at that point I'm already on my way to the pick up point so it's basically completely pointless being sent it.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DD Rick said:

driver name and picture email earlier

I send an email saying Im about to board the airplane and get the mail back with the info almost instantly.

47 minutes ago, DD Rick said:

I've always managed to get the small car. I send comms around 3-4 weeks before the trip for both the arriving and departing trip and book both at the same time.  

All is fine with the service really but could do with getting the driver name and picture email earlier as it always arrives when I'm flying so I can't even read it until I'm at BKK airport and have my ESIM set up and at that point I'm already on my way to the pick up point so it's basically completely pointless being sent it.  

If you booked 3-4 weeks in advance how about sending Nams an email the day before you leave confirming your flight, arrival time and asking who your driver will be, you will usually get a quick reply, it is what I do.

Have been driven to and from Pattaya twice now by Noina and her small sedan. In between my first and 2nd trips she's upgraded her car as before she had a shitty Mitsubishi Mirage type thing, now she's got a new Toyota Vios which is a perfectly adequate car to travel in. If you can get the small car booked there's no point going in anything else unless you're an absolute beast or you have 6 big suitcases. 

She's always smiling and tries to make some small talk at first but English is pretty limited so it never goes far. Actually like this though because I just prefer to relax and chill vs making forced conversation. 

5 hours ago, DD Rick said:

She's always smiling and tries to make some small talk at first but English is pretty limited so it never goes far. Actually like this though because I just prefer to relax and chill vs making forced conversation. 

Yes, I'm like you, but I do feel a bit awkward sitting there as if there is no-one else in the car: it feels impolite!

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Yes, I'm like you, but I do feel a bit awkward sitting there as if there is no-one else in the car: it feels impolite!

I never talk to them, I think they prefer it.

• Like 2

Recent notice from Nam:

>

We got trouble finding driver to be pick up at around noon. At 11:30-13:30
For the trip between Bangkok city and Pattaya

But we can do pick up at 10:00-11:00 in the morning and in afternoon only 1 time is after 14:00
Nam
Nam Saengmanee
<

This is simply because most faring traveling from BKK to Pattaya check out about 11.30 (after a late night on the town). 
So get up earlier or be prepared to wait a bit until after this rush.

She has mentioned this before, but I thought it worthwhile posting this again.

Edited by Encora
typo
  • Thanks 2

On 05/01/2024 at 06:31, Drew57 said:

Like to know once I arrive in Pattaya following week be good to travel to market, Would 1 of Nams ladies be able to drive from Patts to Chatuchak Market ? 

1600b and getting picked up Sunday