IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

2 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Did you check your junk mail?

Rather than his junk mail, it might be in Nam's junk mail folder.

5 hours ago, SouthSaint said:

Strange. It’s been 3 days now and no response. I checked that the email address was correct. I’ll give it another day or so and email again 

Send me a copy of your booking email by PM, I can contact her directly and check if she received it

Mystery solved.

I got his PM ten minutes ago, asked her, she found it in her spam (JunkMail?) folder. 
She replied to him immediately.
I suggested she check her junkmail once a day.

Her response to me:
>Some body make him as Spam email! He been bad guys?<

Which makes me ask anyone here who may understand more then I do:

How  does someone's email end up in 
junkmail box?
I often don't open junkmail, especially. from people I don't know, fearing it may cause me a virus infection. I think she maybe equally concerned about that possibility, since a virus could put her out of business....
Half her (Substantial) daily email is from strangers.

Any suggestions about how to read your junkmail and avoid that?

5 minutes ago, Encora said:

Her response to me:

Sounds to me that Nam or Chayna had a bad experience with this guy and put his email address on  the spam list.

I don't read it like that, I know Nam well enough to know that if she had a bad experience she would have told me outright. I assure you, she has had a few and usually tell me in no uncertain terms. :-)

No, she was simply asking if he had been a bad guy to have been judged as spam by her filter.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dh842 said:

Sounds to me that Nam or Chayna had a bad experience with this guy and put his email address on  the spam list.

This is my first trip to Pattaya coming up, so hasn’t previously dealt with nam at all. Anyway no idea why it went to spam, but all resolved now 

22 minutes ago, Encora said:

Her response to me:

junkmail box?

Sometimes a whole block of IP addresses are flagged as spam because of bad behaviour of one company.

A different,  completely innocent business may be blocked as "collateral damage" simply because they use the same internet service provider or same email hosting company as the "bad guy."

@SouthSaint may have been a victim of this kind of over zealous blocking by the spam detection service companies.

Edited by ocka

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

23 minutes ago, Encora said:

I don't read it like that, I know Nam well enough to know that if she had a bad experience she would have told me outright. I assure you, she has had a few and usually tell me in no uncertain terms. :-)

No, she was simply asking if he had been a bad guy to have been judged as spam by her filter.

I'm not sure why either, but it has happened to me  on occasions when receiving email that a new recipient has gone straight to my spam folder, if they were a genuine client/friend I could  tick that it was ok to receive email from them and it would go into my "in box" 

19 minutes ago, SouthSaint said:

This is my first trip to Pattaya coming up, so hasn’t previously dealt with nam at all. Anyway no idea why it went to spam, but all resolved now 

Nam and her drivers are great! That's one thing you don't have to worry about. Have a great trip.

4 hours ago, Encora said:

Mystery solved.

I got his PM ten minutes ago, asked her, she found it in her spam (JunkMail?) folder. 
She replied to him immediately.
I suggested she check her junkmail once a day.

Her response to me:

junkmail box?
I often don't open junkmail, especially. from people I don't know, fearing it may cause me a virus infection. I think she maybe equally concerned about that possibility, since a virus could put her out of business....
Half her (Substantial) daily email is from strangers.

Any suggestions about how to read your junkmail and avoid that?

If all she does is view an email and is careful never to open an attachment, then she's not at risk of infecting her system with a virus. The one exception to this is if her email client allows scripting.  Since she's using a gmail address and probably using Gmail to read her email, then she's not at risk of a rogue script running either.

Whoever manages the email could have accidentally hit the spam button it, something simple as that. Even though others have said that she prefers email, I always message her on Line and never have issues. I always confirm with her the day before too just to be safe.

There's lots of reasons email ends up in Junk/SPAM folders, sender's domain reputation, sending IP reputation, message content, and quite a lot more variables that are really quite technical, difficult to explain and not something an end-user can usually influence.

The take-home message is to check your Junk/SPAM folders regularly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

perfect experience again, as always. Prompt and efficient communication by Chanya incl. confirmation a couple days before when I supplied my phone number. Driver (forgot her name) turned up 30min early and was very happy to wait until I was sorted. Car new and spotless and a fully customised drive: would I want to be driven fast or slow, music loud, medium or off, water or nuts or both, a bit of conversation, then letting me snooze off. A very good driver, me feeling secure and bang on time. Tip very well deserved.

39 minutes ago, momomo said:

perfect experience again, as always. Prompt and efficient communication by Chanya incl. confirmation a couple days before when I supplied my phone number. Driver (forgot her name) turned up 30min early and was very happy to wait until I was sorted. Car new and spotless and a fully customised drive: would I want to be driven fast or slow, music loud, medium or off, water or nuts or both, a bit of conversation, then letting me snooze off. A very good driver, me feeling secure and bang on time. Tip very well deserved.

I used Nam's taxis on my two visits to Pattaya. My only criticism would be that on both trips back to the airport the driver had music playing in the car. Both times I eventually asked her to turn it off. My bad, in that I should have done so as soon as I got in the car. Maybe I should have said in my booking email that I would prefer not to have music in the car. If her drivers now ask about music in that way? - that's good.

14 minutes ago, nekkid said:

I used Nam's taxis on my two visits to Pattaya. My only criticism would be that on both trips back to the airport the driver had music playing in the car. Both times I eventually asked her to turn it off. My bad, in that I should have done so as soon as I got in the car. Maybe I should have said in my booking email that I would prefer not to have music in the car. If her drivers now ask about music in that way? - that's good.

Did you want to try get bit of shut eye, personally i dont mind a few tunes on the way, one of nams drivers put on a station that played western music on one journey down to pattaya, i didnt ask for it but it was fine with me.

• Like 1

Just now, vimto66 said:

Did you want to try get bit of shut eye, personally i dont mind a few tunes on the way, one of nams drivers put on a station that played western music on one journey down to pattaya, i didnt ask for it but it was fine with me.

Nope. Music and all sorts of sound is very important in my life. I'm very sensitive to it - maybe too much. On my way back to the airport - which I know will be mental when I get there - I want peace and quiet. And their music choices were bland and sentimental. Absolute torture for me - though I would accept I am way more sensitive than most "normal" people to it, so ... can I defend myself - not really - but if I'm paying for the service and I have a choice, I choose silence.

• Like 2

I know how monotonous driving can be, and the hum of the tires on the pavement can lull a driver into fugue state that may end up with them falling asleep at the wheel. For that reason I always suggest the driver play whatever music they want. Since I have my earbuds on and am listening to either my own music or an audible book, the sound of their music doesn't annoy me.

1 hour ago, SouthSaint said:

Bit of a white knuckle ride to the airport yesterday with the driver sitting on 140kph most of the way !

Hope that wasn't with Nam's taxis? "Fugue state" would be a psychotic episode and no well rested healthy driver should fall into such a state.

2 hours ago, nekkid said:

Hope that wasn't with Nam's taxis? "Fugue state" would be a psychotic episode and no well rested healthy driver should fall into such a state.

Was indeed with nams taxis 

9 hours ago, SouthSaint said:

Probably best to email Nam,  at least give her a chance to rectify something she may know nothing about.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, SouthSaint said:

Best to report drivers like that to her, she has so many now that she can't do quality control on her own unless people tell her. Although I did get a Line message last time of her asking me how it went. 

1 hour ago, SouthSaint said:

Did you ask the driver to slow down? If you didn't say anything how would she know you were uncomfortable? Every request I've made to Nam's drivers has been immediately complied with. 

• Like 2

Nam does tell her drivers no faster than 120kph, no phones etc. There is no need to go any faster unless you are late or held up in traffic of course. Drop nam an email and tell her, she will then speak to the driver or just not use her again.