IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

13 hours ago, ocka said:

I have always been met by Nam's drivers at the meeting point inside the terminal.  Is that not possible any more?

I think that they may have been moved on from the inside of the terminal.

image.png

On 10/06/2022 at 01:18, geezerrb said:

My last trip was 2018 and always used Mr T without major problems but the vehicles were always a bit random (one time a minibus) I have booked for a Nov trip and need a taxi can you really recommend for an advance booking?

Well I have attempted twice now to book with no reply, maybe November is too far in advance for their booking system but would have thought I would at least get a reply telling me to book later?

52 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

Well I have attempted twice now to book with no reply, maybe November is too far in advance for their booking system but would have thought I would at least get a reply telling me to book later?

Sorry to hear you had a problem, I sent you a PM to try and sort it as soon as we can. But please keep in mind it is after midnight here now and little will happen before tomorrow morning. That you for posting this here, we'll try to do anything we can to resolve this.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Encora said:

Sorry to hear you had a problem, I sent you a PM to try and sort it as soon as we can. But please keep in mind it is after midnight here now and little will happen before tomorrow morning. That you for posting this here, we'll try to do anything we can to resolve this.

Thanks for the PM and getting involved to help, as the booking is not till November it may seem strange to some but I like to get things in place. My apologies about forgetting the time difference.

I just got confirmation today that Chanya replied to Geezerrb’s email on July 1. Not sure why he didn’t get it, we are looking into maybe spambox issue. Will report back when we find out what caused this comms breakdown….

• Like 3

I just usually book a few days ahead, but ideally how much notice would Nam prefer?

40 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

I just usually book a few days ahead, but ideally how much notice would Nam prefer?

Don't know. But I have booked the day before a few times. No problem.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, Arnie85 said:

Booking at the end of June for November is just silly dude. 

Booking well in advance has never been a problem before for 28 trips.

6 minutes ago, Shaygate said:

Why is it silly? If you are planning flights, hotels etc. why not book your taxi? It's one less job to do and you can just relax and wait for the time to pass. 

Concur. Nail it all down at once.

And as an owner/operator in a service business I would love to be able to forward-project my workload. Scheduling early allows the provider to make sure staffing levels are met, and do revenue projections.

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

Nam has said she doesn’t want bookings that far in advance.  You’re overthinking it. It’s just a ride from the airport. 

4 hours ago, Sloracer said:

a few days is fine under normal circumstances , but at special events, e.g. New year and Songkran, it is wise to book a bit longer ahead, since on those two occasions, Many drivers go home yo celebrate with their family, so it is harder to get a taxi at last moments.
Yes, Nam does take last minutes bookings, but they cause often a stress on the booking system, so if you can book at least two days ahead, it makes her life a lot easier.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sloracer said:

a few days is fine under normal circumstances , but at special events, e.g. New year and Songkran, it is wise to book a bit longer ahead, since on those two occasions, Many drivers go home yo celebrate with their family, so it is harder to get a taxi at last moments.
Yes, Nam does take last minutes bookings, but they cause often a stress on the booking system, so if you can book at least two days ahead, it makes her life a lot easier.

BM Geezerrb reported back to me that he did not receive her July 1 nor todays email from Nam. She sent me copies of both emails to my mailbox, and they were received immediately after she sent them. I can only conclude that it must be a glitch on his side, unless any of you readers can suggest a different explanation....

21 minutes ago, Encora said:

BM Geezerrb reported back to me that he did not receive her July 1 nor todays email from Nam. She sent me copies of both emails to my mailbox, and they were received immediately after she sent them. I can only conclude that it must be a glitch on his side, unless any of you readers can suggest a different explanation....

I had something similar with my physiotherapist in England a few weeks ago. I was not receiving emails sent to my Hotmail address. We switched to my AOL address, and the problem was solved (except the emails were in the spam folder). 

Still don't know why! 

Gmail is the best option IMHO...

• Like 1

I've just arrived in Pattaya. Nam herself picked me up at airport and her instructions were perfect. Five minutes after I've texted her she showed up. 1000 baht plus 200 tip. She's just the best.

24 minutes ago, KanoMike said:

How does this work if you don't have cell service?

airport has free wifi. 

but generally: they tell you where they will meet you, you go there, you meet them. 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.