IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

11 hours ago, Encora said:

There maybe light at the end of the tunnel.....

I suppose in the next few weeks this is aimed mostly at expats, but it is good to have a sign of life.

Thanks for the news and keeping us to date on her service.

I for one hope to be using her service soon again.

LeoTex

• Thanks 2

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

• 2 months later...

Is Nam's still active? I need a Taxi early monday morning to BKK Airport and since I'm catching a flight I need someone reliable. Ideas? 

46 minutes ago, Jackie2013 said:

Is Nam's still active? I need a Taxi early monday morning to BKK Airport and since I'm catching a flight I need someone reliable. Ideas? 

Pretty sure someone posted yesterday that they booked her for a run from the airport when they arrived on a domestic flight.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, Jackie2013 said:

Yes she's still operating, obviously at a VERY reduced level at the moment but if you need a taxi drop her an email and she will provide :wink:

[email protected]

Like a lot of people we are hoping that things will open up and tourists start coming back for high season at least. Fingers crossed it will happen 

15 hours ago, Jackie2013 said:

Yes, used her service last month on my domestic holiday to Pattaya.

On 16/07/2020 at 19:24, davidge said:

Pretty sure someone posted yesterday that they booked her for a run from the airport when they arrived on a domestic flight.

Yes, that was me, I emailed her a day-or-so in advance, and it was fine  ...  will probably use her back to Swampy in ten-days-time, unless the bus restarts by then.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

have used Nam's Taxi Service 4 times on trips to pattaya all ways on time and a grate service web site is https://www.namstaxipattaya.com/contact

would recamend this service

I used this taxi service (SUV) in late August. Top notch service. Recommended. 

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

• 2 months later...
On 30/09/2020 at 23:06, Red851 said:

have used Nam's taxi Service 4 times on trips to pattaya all ways on time and a grate service web site is https://www.namstaxipattaya.com/contact

would recamend this service

Or, by email [email protected]

She prefers written rather then phone bookings, since that reduces the risk of communication errors.

She suggested to me today that there maybe a shortage of drivers over the New Years holidays (as every year, the drivers like to celebrate NY with their family) but he will do her utmost best to assist anyone who needs a ride. Nevertheless, it maybe wise to make a booking as soon as you know your flights.

• Like 3

Just adding my endorsement here.  I travelled from and to BKK airport with Nam's Taxi service in February and March this year.  Good, careful drivers both ways.

Nam's drivers have always arrived early for my booking time,  never late.

I thoroughly recommend this service.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

remember the old motto ..... 

A TAXI IS NOT A TAXI UNLESS ....... IT IS NAM'S TAXI !!

I have used Nam's for my last 5 transits between Pattaya and Swampy and I can not fault the service. I have used Mr T once and never again, a very scary trip.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2020 at 00:36, Robbie Jones said:

I have used Nam's for my last 5 transits between Pattaya and Swampy and I can not fault the service. I have used Mr T once and never again, a very scary trip.

I got a Mr T taxi on the way back and he was speeding like crazy, honestly since we never crashed I kind of liked it since I hate long car journeys and even threw a good tip. When I said he was fast he turned around and said "another customer wait at airport, had to go fast" lol.

Wouldn’t use anyone else but Nams. Got a “hotel car” from a relatively upscale BKK hotel once and he stopped three times between there and Pattaya to fill up his gas tank and check the tyres. Just clueless. 

• Like 3

Anyone know if Nam's drivers service into Bangkok; Sukummvit Soi 11 area probably? I only used them for swampy rides but am planning a weekend in Bangkok with my LLT.

34 minutes ago, frantick said:

Anyone know if Nam's drivers service into Bangkok; Sukummvit Soi 11 area probably? I only used them for swampy rides but am planning a weekend in Bangkok with my LLT.

Should do. Might be a surcharge of a few hundred baht as the driver loses 30-60 minutes getting that deep into and out of BKK traffic. Although they're not very busy now so you might ask them to waive that charge.

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

2 hours ago, frantick said:

https://www.namstaxipattaya.com/services  would seem to indicate 'yes'.

2 hours ago, frantick said:

I have never used Nam's but I used Mr T taxi for the last time earlier this month. It's a lottery on what driver you get, and the last guy spent half the time texting and calling his gik via Line, while speeding along the highway, occassionally look up at the road.

It's worth getting the BOLT app, the prices are so cheap. I'm loving this app for taxis around Pattaya and will try it for my next trip to Bangkok. 

Checking right now, for Tuk Com to Bangkok Sukhumvit soi 11 it's 1,012 Baht, with lots of cars available and within 5 mins of me. Would be interesting to know if anyone else has used Bolt for Pattaya to downtown Bangkok, and how it compares to the pre booked taxis in Pattaya.

41 minutes ago, kimternet said:

I have never used Nam's but I used Mr T taxi for the last time earlier this month. It's a lottery on what driver you get, and the last guy spent half the time texting and calling his gik via Line, while speeding along the highway, occassionally look up at the road.

It's worth getting the BOLT app, the prices are so cheap. I'm loving this app for taxis around Pattaya and will try it for my next trip to Bangkok. 

Checking right now, for Tuk Com to Bangkok Sukhumvit soi 11 it's 1,012 Baht, with lots of cars available and within 5 mins of me. Would be interesting to know if anyone else has used Bolt for Pattaya to downtown Bangkok, and how it compares to the pre booked taxis in Pattaya.

this thread is about NAM'S TAXI service , NOT Mr T  or any other app or taxi service........ best bet is to start another thread

and if you have never used NAM'S service , it's about time you did

Edited by onehunglo

3 hours ago, onehunglo said:

this thread is about NAM'S taxi service , NOT Mr T  or any other app or taxi service........ best bet is to start another thread

and if you have never used NAM'S service , it's about time you did

I get that, just adding some info and asking a genuine question, which seems relevant.  I come in peace.

Edited by kimternet

7 hours ago, frantick said:

Yes she does. I just booked her to pick me up from Silom Bangkok to Pattaya. it is 1500, same as quoted on her website. She replied in an hour and already send me the car and driver's pictures. Good service.

There's some cheaper options, but Nam has saved my ass a few times in the past. Gotta support 'em in these shitty times.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 19/12/2020 at 04:05, mattmoore1965x said:

I’ve used Nams three times now - and they have been brilliant every time

I have been using her service for years now, usually Miss Yuri driving and has always been a first class experience.

image.png