Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

• 2 weeks later...

When would be the ideal time to contact her? Is there something too early?

Going on March so I was thinking emailing her in February 

17 minutes ago, LogicalWizard said:

The day before you get on the plane is sufficient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LogicalWizard said:

It is always good to have notice.

A week or two might be good, or a few days.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Explorer8939 said:

The day before you get on the plane is sufficient.

Even though I do that due to me not being able to arrange travel till the last minute. I think she would prefer some notice, it's always good to plan ahead especially during the high season.

• Like 3

I would give her at least a couple of days because she also has to arrange a return trip for the driver. This may be difficult at short notice.

image.png

just had another fantastic journey from and back to the airport with NAM'S . my regular driver has taken off so they informed me but to no surprise she was replaced with another TOP LINE driver in Ms TAEN , well presented SUV polite , great driving . keep up the good work cheers

6 hours ago, LogicalWizard said:

They have no problem accepting very early bookings.  Have already booked my two trips over June/July/August 2020 with Nam.  They do have a computer.

I simply like having all the travel details sorted and put to bed.  Book with Singapore Airlines almost 12 months out for next year's trips.  Notify Alan, at English Rose of the details for my usual great accommodation and request taxis from Nam for the safe trips also.  All done.  But everyone has their own preferences.

On 11/11/2019 at 14:05, LogicalWizard said:

Usually book 1 week in advance then reconfirm 2 days prior. 

• Like 1

Highly recommended

Glad to see Nam doing so well after all the hard work

Just a reflection on car park fees and expansion I suppose , but it is  a shame that the lady who met me at the airport on my last trip was a sort of filter to the lady who eventually drove me. 

7 hours ago, SLEUTH said:

Highly recommended

Glad to see Nam doing so well after all the hard work

Just a reflection on car park fees and expansion I suppose , but it is  a shame that the lady who met me at the airport on my last trip was a sort of filter to the lady who eventually drove me. 

IMHO, smart move on Nam's part as it means if a driver is delayed, or you get in early, there's always someone there to greet you.

• Like 2

On 11/11/2019 at 23:05, LogicalWizard said:

My personal best is 8 months ahead of time.  She did want a confirmation the week before the trip to show that it was still correct. 

On 27/10/2019 at 04:37, QuotaMan said:

I have a general question, but if you had a driver you particularly liked, is the proper etiquette to contact Nam and go through her?

For other taxi companies I've used, the driver gave me her LINE contact. I would assume that if I went through the driver directly and not through Nam (or Meow), the driver would still notify Nam. 

I still go through Nam anyways, but just curious.

I have got a business card from one of nams drivers, for trips to weird places in Bangkok. But she was wery clear that I had go trough name when booking and the card was just for remembering her name. 

• Like 2

/Mike

On 01/11/2019 at 21:11, Encora said:

On a different matter, Don Muang.

>Nam informs me that due to feedback from her drivers, she is (at least for the foreseeable future) stopping services to and from Don Muang Airport.

"The extra distance and higher toll cost compared to Suvarnabhumi make it un attractive for her drivers at a competitive price. Furthermore, these past few months local policing at Don Muang has made it very difficult for her drivers to make pick ups without incurring a fine. The end result is her drivers are voting with their feet and saying "It is not worth our while, we won't go there!" Sorry, folks!"<

Some individual drivers, may still do this, but for drivers on there own, it is very hard to arrange a return load, and that distance and toll cost, a single journey is simply a loss maker.

If the law enforcement eases up, things may change, we'll keep you posted.

This isn't correct.

Yesterday I booked via Nam a taxi from Pattaya hotel to Don Muang airport. 1600 baht including all tolls.

Also when I arrived in Bangkok I arranged with Nam to pick me up from a north Bangkok hotel and bring me to Pattaya. On the way here the driver told me she had dropped another customer off at Don Muang earlier that morning. 

So to and from  DMK is still possible with Nam's Taxis.

On 14/11/2019 at 13:06, J1066 said:

This isn't correct.

Yesterday I booked via Nam a taxi from Pattaya hotel to Don Muang airport. 1600 baht including all tolls.

Also when I arrived in Bangkok I arranged with Nam to pick me up from a north Bangkok hotel and bring me to Pattaya. On the way here the driver told me she had dropped another customer off at Don Muang earlier that morning. 

So to and from  DMK is still possible with Nam's Taxis.

Thank you for pointing this out.

I only post things like this when asked to do so by .Nam......

being a Thai Lady, she may have changed her mind, or, simply posted your request on her “Driver wanted” private Line group she uses with her stable of drivers.

itmay mean,you can ask, but don’t be offended when she says “Sorry, no driver today”

i am not sure, will try and clarify with her....

Just came back today. Taxi from Bangkok International airport to Pattaya

Pick up was good, driving at the correct speed but did not know any of the short cuts in Pattaya so to extra time to get to the hotel.

Never showed up for today's return journey,pick up was 7.00 am waited until 7.15 then had to book a taxi with the hotel.

Never had this happen to me with PT taxis, look like back to PT it is

13 hours ago, ronnybill said:

Just came back today. Taxi from Bangkok International airport to Pattaya

Pick up was good, driving at the correct speed but did not know any of the short cuts in Pattaya so to extra time to get to the hotel.

Never showed up for today's return journey,pick up was 7.00 am waited until 7.15 then had to book a taxi with the hotel.

Never had this happen to me with PT taxis, look like back to PT it is

I invite @Shaygate to respond here, this is factual and apparently an omission by Nam's Taxi.

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

1 hour ago, deano4598 said:

I invite @Shaygate to respond here, this is factual and apparently an omission by Nam's Taxi.

Nam has been checking back through her diary, it seems that Chanya accepted the booking and arranged to pick up the OP from the airport on 7th November (which happened) , she then agreed the return trip. Unfortunately what she forgot to do, was put the return booking in the diary. 

Having spoken to the OP by PM it seems he asked the hotel to call Nam and Chanya but couldn't get an answer. Nam is not sure what happened there.

Anyway the bottom line is an honest mistake was made and Nam says all she can do now is apologise profusely and hopes that on any future trips the OP will give her another chance 

22 hours ago, Shaygate said:

Nam says all she can do now is apologise profusely and hopes that on any future trips the OP will give her another chance

I have used Nam's taxi service for years and have never had an issue. Service has always been good. Lesson learnt. Nam has taken responsibility for the oversight. I'll use Nam again.

• Thanks 3

I just booked Nam's Taxi Service. I didn't like the idea of waiting a couple hours to get on Bell's Bus.

• Like 3

On 17/11/2019 at 19:06, Shaygate said:

Nam has been checking back through her diary, it seems that Chanya accepted the booking and arranged to pick up the OP from the airport on 7th November (which happened) , she then agreed the return trip. Unfortunately what she forgot to do, was put the return booking in the diary. 

Having spoken to the OP by PM it seems he asked the hotel to call Nam and Chanya but couldn't get an answer. Nam is not sure what happened there.

Anyway the bottom line is an honest mistake was made and Nam says all she can do now is apologise profusely and hopes that on any future trips the OP will give her another chance 

This one off episode is a lesson for all of us to reconfirm  a day before we depart from pattaya .