IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Booked a taxi with Nam last week for Monday, I got a response 4 minutes later confirming the request and then on Saturday two days before departure another email with the drivers name and phone number.  The driver arrived 15 minutes early and acknowledged she was early and said no hurry.

Driver to the airport was very smooth, even fell asleep for a while. Although I booked the small sedan, it was very spacious especially as they move the passenger front seat as far forward as it will go.

Baht1,000 plus tip which is the same I paid for years with Mr T's racing drivers, but of course like formula 1 you also have pit stops but with them it is for gas refills! 

I saw Nam had a new profile on TF.  A couple of nice pics.  I had a quick chat with her and played dumb that I didn't know who she was to see if she was looking for P4P.  She said she was just chilling and not expecting much.  I didn't push it any further 

5 hours ago, kd_traveller said:

Driver to the airport was very smooth, even fell asleep for a while

Well that's impressive. Perhaps slightly disconcerting.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I've used Nams taxi service a number of times. Both from home in Naklua to airport and from airport to home. Always reliable and safe. Recommended 

On 07/08/2022 at 16:33, dh842 said:

I actually prefer the new pickup spot. Instead of dragging your luggage thru a hot carpark to a hot car you step off the curb into a cool car and off you go. Easy peasy. 

Monday night's pick up from the airport went smoothly and quite agree, the new pick area works just fine; even though  I was some 30 minutes late!

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

On 07/08/2022 at 06:26, deescreet36 said:

Nam's for me tomorrow, pick up from the airport a little different this time but no one has had any issues so far so should all be ok.

Will be flying in next Wednesday using Nam to Pattaya.  😀😀

I expect to get final details a few days before my arrival.

What are the new pickup procedures?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, Bob4678 said:

What are the new pickup procedures?

Nam will give you instructions along with pictures of the car and driver and an exit number to look out for her. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bob4678 said:

Will be flying in next Wednesday using Nam to Pattaya.  😀😀

I expect to get final details a few days before my arrival.

What are the new pickup procedures?  Thanks.

You’ll get an email a couple days before your arrival that will look like this (cropped to remove personal details).
It’s very easy to follow the instructions and even though my email said the driver would be there 1 hour after my scheduled arrival, my flight arrived on time and I was outside within 10 minutes and my lovely driver was there waiting. 
She was great (as they all are) and pretty cute too, a nice looking MILF that made me happy to be back. 

7BA679F4-BA9B-4ABE-9470-E6E4340D4D35.jpeg

• Like 3

Used Nams taxi last week to SUV. Another flawless performance.

image.png

5 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Nam will give you instructions along with pictures of the car and driver and an exit number to look out for her. 

Im guessing they are trying to save on the parking fees.

1 minute ago, thehop said:

Im guessing they are trying to save on the parking fees.

Perhaps part of it. But making your way to the these gigantic parking complexes wouldn't be much fun with luggage after a long journey. And I think they can't park near where the taxis or shuttles/buses would. Simply not allowed. 

We have been using Nam for many years and until now they always met you inside. Car was always in the car park (even when it was totally crowded).

• Like 3

8 hours ago, thehop said:

We have been using Nam for many years and until now they always met you inside. Car was always in the car park (even when it was totally crowded).

That was how it use to be and the you had to go up a level and maybe take the lift up one more level and then out to the carpark. .

When I arrived in June I just push my luggage trolley out door 2 on the arrival level and crossed over to the second medium  and there she was waiting for me.

Having a photo sent to me made it easy to recognize the car and driver.   

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 09/08/2022 at 02:53, Thomaz73 said:
On 08/08/2022 at 21:38, kd_traveller said:

Driver to the airport was very smooth, even fell asleep for a while

Well that's impressive. Perhaps slightly disconcerting.

Yes, one extra r changes the entire meaning of the sentence!

It should of could have read

"Drive to the airport was very smooth, even fell asleep for a while"

Seems like I was still asleep when proof reading what I wrote!  LOL

Last time I was using Nam's taxi was on February from Pattaya to airport. I booked sedan S, but got picked up by Nupui with Toyota Camry. Smooth as ever. 

Me, my family and friends have been using Nam's taxi from 2017 around 15 times and we have been very happy about the service every time 

Just emailed to request a booking BKK to Pattaya. Within 2 hours I received confirmation, Chanya asked for the hotel address.

Just got my email back from Miss Chanya, all very efficient as usual.  It will be interesting to see how well the new pickup procedure works.

I have used Nam a few times and the last time was in December return to BKK. Had to do the the covid one night quarantine going to Pattaya so that was all pre-booked. I'm using Nam again in a couple weeks and as always the scheduling process was quick and easy. Highly recommend!

On 16/08/2022 at 14:20, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

Just got my email back from Miss Chanya, all very efficient as usual.  It will be interesting to see how well the new pickup procedure works.

Pickup was great.  No walk to garage.  Email mentioned Exit 4 to meet.  You get to Exit 4 by exiting Exit B and you will see "Gate 4" just outside.  Curbside pickup.  😀😀

On 16/08/2022 at 02:20, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

It has also worked well for me. I just found the door to exit and walked out and across the first road and there is the car and driver that Nam sent me a photo of. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

another thumbs up for Nam's taxi service - used a few days ago from airport to pattaya. Everything worked out smoothly, and the driver was very pleasant, not sure why I didn't think of using this years ago, the experience was way better than the usual thai man taxi driver experience...

The lady was sober, hadn't gone for three days without sleep, wasn't having a heated argument with a family member on her phone, wasn't engrossed in a mobile gaming app while driving, and didn't at any point do her best to kill anyone, so all in all I am very happy. :Laugh1:

I agree with the lady driver regarding mask wearing particularly as the guy was travellling in the frontseat.  Her car is a small closed environment and as mentioned, there is no sick pay.