IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Thinking about spending a few days in Bangkok before heading to Pattaya, will they pick me up at downtown Bangkok? Probably near NANA BTS station. If they don't and also I would like a back up taxi service too, can you guys recommend another taxi that can drive me from downtown Bangkok to Pattaya, AND also "Pattaya" friendly drivers/companies.

Sure you will have no issues with NAM’s. Service is excellent so will respond to you quickly once you email.

2 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

Thinking about spending a few days in Bangkok before heading to Pattaya, will they pick me up at downtown Bangkok? Probably near NANA BTS station. If they don't and also I would like a back up taxi service too, can you guys recommend another taxi that can drive me from downtown Bangkok to Pattaya, AND also "Pattaya" friendly drivers/companies.

Yes I recently used NAMS and they were fantastic reasonable and flexible.

They will pick you up from downtown Bangkok but be aware about traffic during peak.

2 hours ago, THguypattaya said:

Here’s her rate sheet.  Fare from Bangkok City to Pattaya is 1,300 THB for a compact sedan, 1500 for a large sedan, and 1700 for an SUV.

https://www.namstaxiladydrivers.com/services

Edited by vivid2
Typo

Used Nams taxi service today. It's as good as has been reported. I actually forgot to book until 6pm the day before a 12pm pick up, but they were very responsive, we arranged everything and she showed up at exactly 12. 

Perfect service. Will definitely use again.

On 27/08/2022 at 23:42, THguypattaya said:

There is no point in asking here, just email her and ask, after all, hers is the only answer that will matter! 

On 16/08/2022 at 14:20, Love_to_eat_Thai said:

Just got my email back from Miss Chanya, all very efficient as usual.  It will be interesting to see how well the new pickup procedure works.

It all went well, got assigned Kung for my pickup at swampy yesterday.  The flight was early and I got priority path through immigration so I was out at the meeting point 30 minutes earlier than expected, gave her a call and she arrived about 5 minutes later.

The drive to Jomtien was uneventful, just the way it should be!

Now back in UK after a fantastic trip to Pattaya and Koh Chang. 

I used Nam’s taxi service to take me back to the airport from Pattaya yesterday. I have nothing but praise for her reliable service and driver. The lady driver arrived at my guesthouse 15 minutes before planned time. The driver was very safe, polite and cheerful. The car was very clean inside and a bottle of water provided.

Will be using her services again next time I’m over which wont be too long.  I was even sad to have to get out of the taxi at Swampy!  

Edited by cheetzie

Just to add to this. 

Recently used Nams taxi from BKK to Pattaya and the return journey to the airport. 

Booked using email. 

First rate communication confirming details, both picks ups perfect and, importantly, good drivers. 

I’m a bad passenger but for both journeys was able to relax. 

Totally stress free experience. 

Strongly recommend. 

Just used Nam's Taxi service again for my trip last month from Swampy to Patts & vice versa. Excellent as usual: early, moderate speed & friendly. Was out of the plane & at the meeting spot within 15 minutes, so called & met after 5 or so minutes. 

Thumbs up!

• Like 2

I arrived yesterday and the street was packed, 3 lanes of parked vehicles. My driver had been waiting in the car park since dropping off her previous customer.  A quick telephone call and she advised 5 minutes, it was tricky to spot the silver toyota, so many of them. Probably better now. 

Lady Nai was friendly, gave me a bottle of water and the conversation made the journey seem short.  Her driving was very safe, maintaining a steady speed.

Definitely recommend. 

@Encora I fly out in 9 weeks & was planning on emailing to book the week before.

I've got to go to the post office when I arrive on the upper floor & also need to visit super rich in the basement this will probably take me at least 45 mins.

I don't want to keep my driver waiting around & can easily send them a line msg when I'm ready, trouble is things tend to get lost in translation.

When I send Nam/Chanya an email do you think if I explain they'll be a slight delay to my arrival that they'd understand?

7 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

@Encora I fly out in 9 weeks & was planning on emailing to book the week before.

I've got to go to the post office when I arrive on the upper floor & also need to visit super rich in the basement this will probably take me at least 45 mins.

I don't want to keep my driver waiting around & can easily send them a line msg when I'm ready, trouble is things tend to get lost in translation.

When I send Nam/Chanya an email do you think if I explain they'll be a slight delay to my arrival that they'd understand?

If I've business to do after arrival I just tell Nam what time I want to be picked up. Add flight number as info only

1 hour ago, Baxidar ba said:

Tell her what you need, Nam's English is very good (as is Chanya's) and if on the odd occasion she doesn't understand something she will ask one of her friends like @Encora to help translate. 

8 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

If you write the same as above, they will have no trouble understanding it. And they will be happy to accommodate this as long as they know in advance, as at the time of your booking and you stick to your time limits.

But be clear about how long you expect to be and do not stretch it too much longer then what you said. The driver may have another booking after you, and if you stay away an hour longer then arranged she risks losing her next job.
I know this happened a few weeks ago, The customer said "I just need ten minutes" and stayed away over an hour. Nam instructed the driver to leave, and fired off an angry email at the customer. They don't like to do that, it costs them money, and messes up their time tabling .

4 minutes ago, Encora said:

If you write the same as above, they will have no trouble understanding it. And they will be happy to accommodate this as long as they know in advance, as at the time of your booking and you stick to your time limits.

But be clear about how long you expect to be and do not stretch it too much longer then what you said. The driver may have another booking after you, and if you stay away an hour longer then arranged she risks losing her next job.
I know this happened a few weeks ago, The customer said "I just need ten minutes" and stayed away over an hour. Nam instructed the driver to leave, and fired off an angry email at the customer. They don't like to do that, it costs them money, and messes up their time tabling .

Cant agree more. Nam's is just like any other taxi service; tell what time you want to be picked up and if you are not on site you'll loose the ride

13 minutes ago, Encora said:

As Nam’s Taxi is getting back from n its feet after a long enforced hibernation, so are threats to its success.

on several occasions, including one yesterday, her customers have been approached by other drivers, male drivers, at the airport, holding a sign with a name copied from her driver, trying to convince the unsuspecting customer that they are the driver the customer is waiting for.

stealing customers….

Please spread the word, Nam’s drivers are women only! 
and if there is any hesitance or uncertainty, about the destination, the real driver does not have to ask “where to”, because she will have clear instructions about where you want to go.

there have been one or two situations over the past five years, where last minute change substituted the driver for a male driver, but that was out of many thousands of trips, and usually an unavoidable crisis, such as major traffic jam, accident or car breakdown, when Nam had to choose last minute change, no driver at all or a male driver, but always would send a message to the customer explaining why the change.

so if you arrive and find a male driver trying to convince you he is your Nam’s Taxi Lady Driver,  tell him to piss off, and phone the number Nam will have sent you, to find out what is going on. 
if you accept a fake driver, you will leave the real driver waiting forever and she will lose the cost of driving to the airport without a customer.

fake drivers are thieves!

Maybe talk to Nam to devople a "code word or phrase" that only the customer and driver will know.

"Big Buddha" or "Rama 9" or something like that.

Edited by LASportsNut
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

Maybe talk to Nam to devople a "code word or phrase" that only the customer and driver will know.

"Big Buddha" or "Rama 9" or something like that.

I like the code word Cheese :rolleyes:

Prior to arrival at BKK I had gotten an email with a photo of Nupui and her car, as well as the license plate number and her phone number. She was just pulling up when I walked out the door and waved to me from her car. When it was time to go home I was met in the lobby of the LK Metropole by Tammy, and I had all the same information if I had needed it.

Both times they called me by name and identified they were Nam's drivers, and naming my destination was part of the greeting before I was even starting to look for a driver.

I was sent the driver's name, phone number, picture, car model and license number.  Can understand if that area's crowded it could be a challenge to find the correct car and not backup traffic....

I didn't really care that the driver was a lady, just wanted a reputable service and competitive price, and have seen enough good reviews to trust.

I actually ended up an hour late. Thunderstorm the the airport just after we landed and they stopped off loading luggage. (Ya WTF!!!) Was texting updates to the driver until out of customs and she pulling up to the curb as described in the email when we got there.

And she had a shit drive, pouring rain, couldn't see more than 50 feet, 3-4 inches of water collecting in places... We made it fine.

Heading back I needed a ride to DT Bangkok and not swampy, and she arranged that. Pickup for that was a few minutes early, and she had front desk call the room to notify me.