IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

17 minutes ago, Encora said:

I had a chat with Nam, there is more to this story than what is said above. Drew was booked for pick up at 19.40, but his flight arrived early at 19.09, in fact more than half an hour early.

Drivers usually try and get there a bit before the arrival time, but not half an hour. In this case, the driver dropped off another passenger at the airport at 19.34, six minutes before expected arrival of drew's flight. She would normally have then proceeded to the short term parking building that connects with the terminal and gone inside to meet. But she realised that with only 6 minutes spare, she may not be able to park and walk back to the terminal before 19.40, so, since Drew was smart and had given her his wife's phone number, the driver called her and explained, if they were waiting inside already, it would be easier to pick him up just outside, to save them waiting and then having to walk to the parking building.
Drivers are not allowed to stop and wait outside the terminal, but if the customer is already outside, they are allowed to stop and pick up. No doubt, the driver thought that it would be convenient this way and his wife agreed!

The 27 minute wait relates to the fact that the flight arrived half an hour early, and the driver at that stage had not seen the arrival board telling her so. Drew's wait was mainly due to the fact he got there early, rather then she got there late...

Makes sense. Plus no point paying for parking when they're already there and just need to get in. I'm guessing the driver deemed it unnecessary to offer a full explanation or apology when it wasn't her fault the flight was early plus probably exhausted from not even having a small break in between pickups/drop offs.

Why I loathed working in customer service, entitled customers who can't fathom all the complications that go on in the background to keep things running smoothly for them.

Back to the positive reports. 

My connecting flight out of KL last week was delayed, first on the tarmac then returned to the gate and all passengers off loaded. The delay was unknown, I managed to get free wifi within the gate and emailed Nam my situation. After they gave us a reboarding time I emailed Nam again, advising of an hour and a half arrival delay. 
My driver waited the 90 minutes for me and we were easily able to organise a pick up outside the terminal, I couldn’t have been happier and I made sure she knew my appreciation with a generous tip. 
Another very happy repeat customer. 

Tuesday 18th at 06.30. Picked up at my hotel on Soi Buakhou by Milky. She arrived 15 minutes early but waited cheerfully while the owner checked electric meter and refunded deposit. I advised Milky that I had allowed plenty of time so she asked if I wanted to stop for coffee or toilet at the motorway services. I was fine but offered to buy her a coffee if she would like, she declined though.

Very smooth driver with a Toyota Camry even though I booked a small sedan, she presumed all small cars were booked.

Recommended!

28 minutes ago, Dr No said:

Another very happy repeat customer. 

good to hear you looked after the driver and compensated her for her time as I think they do an extraordinary service in regard to wait times and never complain , money well spent IMO

The plane landed at 7.09pm

I was at the baggage carousel at 7.45pm

I have sent a email to Nam after my concern and she has replied with an  apology ....I then replied saying how they do a great job and everything is ok ..

Case closed 🤐

• Like 5

I was thinking of booking Nam for my trip in January. There's two of us, so I thought I'd travel in style with an SUV, which should be 1,400 + fees. How much do you guys usually tip?

1 minute ago, miha101 said:

I was thinking of booking Nam for my trip in January. There's two of us, so I thought I'd travel in style with an SUV, which should be 1,400 + fees. How much do you guys usually tip?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, miha101 said:

Not sure what fees that would be added.

I usually tip Nan's drivers 300 baht.

When there was 2 of us traveling, each would tip 200 baht

• Like 3

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

53 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Thanks all for your feedback, that's what I had in mind too. By fees I meant the highway toll fees, they aren't included, right?

12 minutes ago, miha101 said:

Thanks all for your feedback, that's what I had in mind too. By fees I meant the highway toll fees, they aren't included, right?

With Nam's service the toll fees are included with her price. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

2 hours ago, LeoTex said:

I just took a trip Bkk airport to Pattaya for 1000 including highway toll in a brand new sedan alone. Confirmation via email and line immediately and pick up at 1am at exit 3, 2nd level, sharp on time.

Free water and candies and a very pleasant ride with a lovely lady that did not talk too much.

It looked like  she was happy with a 200baht tip.

I took Nam many times and appreciate that she did not increase the price.

• 2 weeks later...

Since you have internet access can’t you just get an email account?  I’m sure it will come in handy!

Edited by Snowbird99
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Devolved1000 said:

How do I contact nam driver. I don't have email. Does she have messenger or line?

You can go to gmail.com and open a free email account for yourself

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I have email. Bit forgot password and can o ly retrieve it through my real mobile number, which I have now changed sim card. Need it for tomorrow morning. I'm in sukhumvit 4 enjoying a beer. 

45 minutes ago, Devolved1000 said:

How do I contact nam driver. I don't have email. Does she have messenger or line?

She prefers email contact as then all her bookings are on the same medium but she does have Line and Whatsapp

+66811577977 Also use WhatsApp.
And line,ID is namladydriverpattaya
www.namstaxiladydrivers.com

7 minutes ago, Devolved1000 said:

I have email. Bit forgot password and can o ly retrieve it through my real mobile number, which I have now changed sim card. Need it for tomorrow morning. I'm in sukhumvit 4 enjoying a beer. 

Sounds like you're a bit late organizing things mate, maybe just grab one on the street when you wake up.

1 minute ago, Harry Brown said:

Sounds like you're a bit late organizing things mate, maybe just grab one on the street when you wake up.

Looks like ekhamai bus it is hehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok I'm booked for Friday back to bkk 1300 great price - this time I booked in advanced :)

• Like 2

Has Nam stopped trips from Bangkok to Hua Hin  and return..      If so any recommendations for other taxi,,,,,     In many years going to Thailand i only ever used Nam

On 19/10/2022 at 08:25, Ohyesuare said:

Makes sense. Plus no point paying for parking when they're already there and just need to get in. I'm guessing the driver deemed it unnecessary to offer a full explanation or apology when it wasn't her fault the flight was early plus probably exhausted from not even having a small break in between pickups/drop offs.

Why I loathed working in customer service, entitled customers who can't fathom all the complications that go on in the background to keep things running smoothly for them.

Dont drivers monitor flight arrivals on line? Surely early/late arrivals are an inherent part of the business - ignoring this can only lead to issues.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ireland2012 said:

Has Nam stopped trips from Bangkok to Hua Hin  and return..      If so any recommendations for other taxi,,,,,     In many years going to Thailand i only ever used Nam

Try Meow taxi, heard she gives quotes to almost anywhere.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ireland2012 said:

ask @Encora

Nam has withdrawn from offering Hua His as destination, mainly because of the numbers.  To make it viable for her, she would need to have enough work on that route to ensure paid return trips for the majority of runs. Most of her drivers are based around Pattaya, the numbers on the Hua Hit trip simply are not enough right now. That may be different for an operator based in Hua Hin.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1