Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

I have just booked for an airport pick up next Wednesday; hopefully I don't get a follow up email cancelling!

I have used Nam's quite a few times in the past, the number 1 go to imho.

People say to me "Pattaya is like Sodom and Gomera"

I say "it's not at all like that"

"Sodom and Gomera were mere prototypes, whereas Pattaya......"

I will definitely be booking with NAM for my Jan trip.  I've heard from several resources that she is the way to go btwn BKK and PAT. 

Trust me, I have no idea what I'm doing.

On 28/11/2022 at 17:56, xerxez said:

I will definitely be booking with NAM for my Jan trip.  I've heard from several resources that she is the way to go btwn BKK and PAT. 

Well she certainly knows the way 😂😂

• 2 weeks later...

This is a thread about Nam's taxi service. Lets keep it on topic. Several off topic posts removed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Testicles

I just thought about something REALLY bad about Nams Taxis that I thought I would share.....so fellow BM's do not get caught out like me...

I've now used them 4 times to collect me in Pattaya to take me back to the airport, and in every instance, the car has arrived 30 minutes early.

"Thats great" you say?  Well, I like to get to the collection point outside the condo 30 minutes before I leave, to have one last cigarette whilst pondering about life and mentally prepare myself for leaving Pattaya.  And these buggers always spoil it!

Edited by mattmoore1965x

I'm guessing Nam can keep her prices low as she is able to co-ordinate drop offs and pick ups from the airport where possible.

I had a pickup from Bangkok and had a call 30 mins before saying the driver was at the hotel - she had just done an airport drop off. I wasn't ready so asked her to wait which she did. Not a problem for either of us.

Good service everytime I have used Nam, she is now my go-to taxi service. Cars are great, much better than other companies I have used.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Travelled to Suvarnabhumi on Sunday in a car driven by Miss Yuri, a brand new Toyota. Excellent service as always by Yuri, Nam & Chanya.

image.png

I’ll have to remember to make a booking for my exit. 3 weeks notice should be plenty, I guess - won’t do it earlier in case I have to change my flight again.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I always use Nam's now, even sometimes get them to pick-up some bkk friends at their homes, no problem, always done perfectly. I can only recommend and will use again soon 🙂

I used Nam for a trip from Patts to BKK about a week ago.

I booked a sedan at BHT1,000 and they sent a 4WD (usually 1,500 but they said I only had to pay 1,000).

I was intending to tip 200 for the sedan anyway but I decided to pay 1,500 as the driver has to pay bills etc.

All went well - communication via EMail, nice safe driving, 15 minutes early for pickup, I’ll use them again.

• Like 2

I recommend paying the extra 200b for a Camry.  I did one trip between Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi in a Yaris and one in a Camry. The Camry suspension was much more comfortable on the bumpy freeway.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here's a funny little story about Nam.  I met her once years ago when she herself picked me up at BKK.

I finalized my plans for a January 17 arrival, and I looked up Nam's Taxi email in my contact list, and I noticed that I had her birthday listed as December 12.  I have no idea how or when I might have found out when her birthday is, but I sent her an email yesterday wishing her a Happy Birthday, and I searched for a picture of a birthday cake with her company's colors.  All I could find were cupcakes, but I figured that this was close enough.

image.jpeg.9946fd58260c41b71d812f9b04a1fe06.jpeg

I soon got a reply that said.....

"Hello Vivid2,  thank you so much.

My birthday is on 17th January.  Almost 36 years old 😬"

OOPS.....  5555

It would be great if everyone that's a fan of her service sends her birthday greetings on 17 January.

Booked Nams, again, super fast professional service, although I asked why they had gone back to meeting in the airport with a name card, the last trip I met the driver outside, straight into the car. After a couple of email exchanges, we have agreed to meet outside, hopefully saving on car parking charges, all good.

PA-SIG.PNG.ee32881a8f3d2f2bdf9b7061c2a3e4ff.PNG

5 hours ago, Kimble said:

Booked Nams, again, super fast professional service, although I asked why they had gone back to meeting in the airport with a name card, the last trip I met the driver outside, straight into the car. After a couple of email exchanges, we have agreed to meet outside, hopefully saving on car parking charges, all good.

Are there any other advantages to meeting outside other than saving a parking fee? How much is the parking fee? I am usually pretty good at navigating, except in airports. I can find the person near a specific gate holding a sign with my name on it eventually. Finding my way outside and then the car and driver could make the pickup more complicated.

7 hours ago, Kimble said:

asked why they had gone back to meeting in the airport with a name card

There have been some problems with random taxi drivers pretending to be from Nam, and stealing her customers.  This is really unfair to Nam's drivers who end up making a costly trip to the airport,  only to find their paying customer has left.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 17/12/2022 at 01:13, jimboh said:

Just messaged her, she too busy, used her for years

On 17/12/2022 at 01:22, jimboh said:

Can anyone recommend reliable alternative? 

Recommended her to a friend for trip to airport yesterday- he never books anything until the day before!!- and she was too busy (understandably) on 24 hours notice. Gave him Meow’s details and she had availability.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

11 hours ago, Sac Les said:

Are there any other advantages to meeting outside other than saving a parking fee? How much is the parking fee? I am usually pretty good at navigating, except in airports. I can find the person near a specific gate holding a sign with my name on it eventually. Finding my way outside and then the car and driver could make the pickup more complicated.

Other than being quicker because there is no walk to the car park, it does get busy outside, flying & airports are stressful enough without the added complication as you say, the name card works just as good.

10 hours ago, ocka said:

There have been some problems with random taxi drivers pretending to be from Nam, and stealing her customers.  This is really unfair to Nam's drivers who end up making a costly trip to the airport,  only to find their paying customer has left.

That is shocking, personally I would only get into a car that is a match to the registration number and photo in the email from Nam's Taxis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

PA-SIG.PNG.ee32881a8f3d2f2bdf9b7061c2a3e4ff.PNG

^^^

Given she sends a pic of driver and car.........

19 hours ago, ocka said:

I had the opposite problem. Some twat read my name sign and claimed my taxi as his. It wasn't Nams this time but another provider. Once I contacted the provider, the taxi came back to BKK and deposited the twat with his luggage and I got in.

Shows that twats are not restricted to drivers.

Read some say book close to date then some saying fully booked. Emailed 3 wks out got reply same day confirmed.

Checked day before said send photo etc this evening.

This morning pickup right on time....thanks Warior driving perfect.

Texted her on Line yesterday like usual for a pickup at Suvarnabhumi airport saturday morning.

She asked for the flight details etc, which i sent her and she went quiet. Then a few hours later i send a “?” asking if it was ok, and she said:

”I am busy right now, can't make any booking on this line.
To booking taxi please email to [email protected].
Snd give us all details for pick up and drop off. 
We will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thank you very much.
Nam.”

Ok, but why ask for the details on Line then, and after you get them direct me to do it all over again via email:SoWhat1:

• Like 1