IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

1 hour ago, ireland2012 said:

Thanks Thomaz....not sure how she can succeed being so selective with routes

My impression is that Swampy - Pattaya traffic is so intense right now that it doesn't make sense for her. I would also guess this is a high season temporary thing. Certainly hope so. And may find out in February as I have a Bangkok outing coming. 

• Thanks 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I always used Nam.  Earlier this week I used Sunny Taxi to and from.Hua Hin from Bangkok. Excellent price and service.  I think I contact Sunny maybe she do Don Muang to Pattaya.  She deserves to be considered.  

You might be right in what you say. But in the meantime her regular customers need taxis to different parts of Thailand.   I for one have used Nam for years. As I said previously she not do Bangkok to Hua Hin .  Now she not do Don Mueng to Pattaya.   I for one regrettably have moved to Sunny Taxi . She has no problem with these trips.Good price and great service.  I believe you need take care of regulars first .  Long term it pays better. 

Can regular customers tell me when the email with driver’s details usually arrives? Got a taxi booked for the morning and getting a bit antsy that I haven’t heard anything since I made the booking a month ago. I did send an email about half an hour ago to nudge them.

Thanks

Edit: the nudge worked so all confirmed.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Arrived yesterday 23rd from LHR on a 2 hour delayed flight from LHR - freezing fog in London and a queue to de-ice the plane.  

No worries, my NAM driver was there waiting as usual. 

Good service. 

Cancelled on me for my return trip to bkk from pattaya. Been using Nam since 2014, not cool. Never again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Can regular customers tell me when the email with driver’s details usually arrives?

I note that you got the confirmation email after a "nudge", but without the nudge it usually arrived between 6-8 pm (Pattaya time) on the evening before your departure.

5 hours ago, kd_traveller said:

I note that you got the confirmation email after a "nudge", but without the nudge it usually arrived between 6-8 pm (Pattaya time) on the evening before your departure.

I wouldn’t risk it, they cancelled my return from pattaya booked well in advance in both directions .  If they are wiIlling to chase few hundred extra baht by ditching loyal customers of routes they already confirmed (been using them  for about 8 years), I just can’t recommend them anymore.  

11 hours ago, yodamaster said:

Cancelled on me for my return trip to bkk from pattaya.

I would not be happy if they cancelled on me, but can you clarify your trip to bkk from Pattaya if you mean Bangkok City or BKK the airport?

I had the pleasure of the company of Miss Yuri on Monday. In the right place at the right time and great driving and conversation as always.

image.png

1 hour ago, Jebb said:

I had the pleasure of the company of Miss Yuri on Monday. In the right place at the right time and great driving and conversation as always.

She just dropped me off at the airport. 15 minutes early at condo and good driving.

Not much conversation - she obviously sensed that I’m a much more miserable bugger than you are :)

28 minutes ago, davidge said:

She just dropped me off at the airport. 15 minutes early at condo and good driving.

Not much conversation - she obviously sensed that I’m a much more miserable bugger than you are :)

davidge, the key is having the plane and condo reservation for your next trip in hand before leaving. It certainly lessens departure depression and gives something concrete to look forward to until the next trip.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

7 minutes ago, likeaking said:

davidge, the key is having the plane and condo reservation for your next trip in hand before leaving. It certainly lessens departure depression and gives something concrete to look forward to until the next trip.

Yep, not a nice feeling this morning but I rented the condo for a year and have flight booked for May.

Anyway, better get thread back on topic after my sidetrack. :25:

On 21/01/2023 at 00:45, Encora said:

At the moment, that is a fairly good description of what's happening. 
Over Covid, quite a few drivers lost their cars due to not being able to pay their hire purchase contracts,  etc. etc.

Has Nam considered offering taxi-sharing? For instance, if 2 customers shared a taxi, and Nam charged two-thirds of the regular rate, all parties would benefit.

Obviously, it needs to be refined (e.g. the maximum time customer 1 has to wait for customer 2 to arrive), but has the potential to keep more people happy.

34 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Has Nam considered offering taxi-sharing? For instance, if 2 customers shared a taxi, and Nam charged two-thirds of the regular rate, all parties would benefit.

Obviously, it needs to be refined (e.g. the maximum time customer 1 has to wait for customer 2 to arrive), but has the potential to keep more people happy.

Not such a bad idea at all...

I (before Covid) sat next to an English guy. We had a chat about where we were going and when both of us said Pattaya he shared my Nam taxi and we both paid 600 Baht instead of the 1200 it was back then... Means we helped to save the earth by using one car instead of two (I'm not woke so not a big deal) but more importantly 6 or 7 free beers for me (and that is something i do like 🙂 )... 

Might be a good business model for Nam to check if there are bookings on a same flight and combine them...

Edited by Abracadabra

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

1 hour ago, Abracadabra said:

Not such a bad idea at all...

Might be a good business model for Nam to check if there are bookings on a same flight and combine them...

Good idea if someone wanted to share a ride.

Just not for me as my trip consist of being in 4 crowed airports and 3 crowed airplanes.

I just want to be picked up my her service and have quiet relaxing unwinding 1 1/2 hour to Pattaya to get my thoughts together on what I'm going to do on my holiday.  

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 25/01/2023 at 09:26, Jebb said:

Khun Yuri is a busy lady, she picked me up at the meeting place 0035 on the 26th. I got her line before hand so I was able to msg her before my flight left Narita and again while I was waiting for my bag. Considering it was late and she waited about an hour, I tipped her 300 and she seemed happy.

The goof thing about Immigration being packed was I was stamped in for an extra day, because it was past midnight😁

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

17 hours ago, Bazle said:

This confuses me.

The cost of the ride is the price without regard to how many passengers.

As long as you can safely get everyone in the car along with the luggage.

If you need a bigger car you would have to pay for it.

For example in 2019 I had 3 friends with me so we ordered a van.

It cost 1800 baht total for all 4 of us.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, LASportsNut said:

This confuses me.

The cost of the ride is the price without regard to how many passengers.

As long as you can safely get everyone in the car along with the luggage.

If you need a bigger car you would have to pay for it.

For example in 2019 I had 3 friends with me so we ordered a van.

It cost 1800 baht total for all 4 of us.

Shared with friends many times no problems.

• Like 3

image.png

Imagine all the complications involved with setting up ride sharing between multiple parties. Not worth the hassle. She’s doing the right thing by keeping it simple and just doing airport trips.  Market leaders always get to set their own rules. 

21 minutes ago, Arnie85 said:

Imagine all the complications involved with setting up ride sharing between multiple parties. Not worth the hassle. She’s doing the right thing by keeping it simple and just doing airport trips.  Market leaders always get to set their own rules. 

Exactly, I mean she’s running a very successful business and not entirely sure why  some of her customers think they know her business better than she does?

You do see that a lot in Pattaya and Thailand in general. The 2 week Pattaya shagger, the retired postman, who rides into town on a white horse and dispenses his sage like advice on running a gogo bar, taxi service, hotel, restaurant, massage parlour etc 

Edited by Gonetothedogs