IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Picked up last night by Noina from Nams. Everything went smoothly as expected. Comfortable relaxing drive in.   It was a sedan but with the seat pushed forward so plenty of room. 

• Like 2

On 28/02/2023 at 08:56, ChiFlyer said:

Milky gave me a round trip run from Jomtien to Bangkok (US Embassy) and back today. She also waited for an hour while I took care of business at the Embassy. I got done in less than an hour for some notary services. I was amazed that the Embassy was that efficient.

Anyway the Bangkok traffic was rough. Milky did a great job of navigating it. I might have gone postal if I was driving. She was non-pulsed and focused.

! hour wait did that cost extra? or the normal Pattaya to Bangkok cost?

Sent email for Bkk AP pick up on 1st June - 40 minutes later a reply confirmation.  Cant get any quicker than that . 👍👍👍

On 24/04/2023 at 14:39, THguypattaya said:

! hour wait did that cost extra? or the normal Pattaya to Bangkok cost?

I've done round trips with Nam before that included a longish wait, there was no extra cost.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ohyesuare said:

I've done round trips with Nam before that included a longish wait, there was no extra cost.

How long was the wait?

1 minute ago, THguypattaya said:

How long was the wait?

About an hour. It was to get my Elite Visa stamp at Chaeng Wattana Immigration. 

• Like 1

Sent a email yesterday for I ride to pattaya from my hotel in sukhumvit for today. Got back to me right away and only 1200 baht. Much cheaper then what a few other taxi drivers quoted me. How much tip should I give the driver? 

9 minutes ago, stealth96 said:

Sent a email yesterday for I ride to pattaya from my hotel in sukhumvit for today. Got back to me right away and only 1200 baht. Much cheaper then what a few other taxi drivers quoted me. How much tip should I give the driver? 

If it were me I would hand her 1500 THB, and tell her to keep the change. That’s under 9 USD, and it’s what I feel is the right amount.

16 minutes ago, vivid2 said:

If it were me I would hand her 1500 THB, and tell her to keep the change. That’s under 9 USD, and it’s what I feel is the right amount.

As the TGs like to say, same same me

2 hours ago, stealth96 said:

Up to you, but I usually sling them 200.

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/04/2023 at 16:30, Harry Brown said:

Who by? what type of car?

Regular car it was sunny taxi. wont be using them again

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing short of perfection for my pickup on 18 May 2023

Great recommendation by @LeoTex

I gave a USD 10 and she was happy to play the exchange rate game

Edited by Greg_B
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Nothing short of perfection for my pickup on 18 May 2023

Great recommendation by @LeoTex

I gave a USD 10 and she was happy to play the exchange rate game

i think us that use Nam regularly do her a disservice by not reviewing as the great service is what we have come to expect.  Greg has prompted me by his note.

Dream was waiting for me  at Meeting Point 3 on 27th April for a perfect drive down to Pattaya.  My return trip was early last Sunday 14th May at 5:30am, Yuri was waiting for me as I checked out of my hotel for very early drive back to airport.  

Both times were 1200 baht and i gave 1500 baht as i always do.  Communication via email was very easy and received vehicle/photo and registration and driver photo/details the night before with the usual meeting instructions. 

For info my airport pick up was booked exactly a month before the pick up date and the return to airport was booked one week before while i was in resort, both times via email. 

I arrive at BKK just before midnight, and I just booked Nam's taxi to pick me up from Swampy and deliver me to Soi Diana.  It's going to be my 12th trip with Nam's.  I requested a small sedan because it's just me and a couple of suitcases, but Chanya replied......"We have only large sedan and SUV standby for late night pick up. The price is 1200 baht all tolls included for large sedan."

It's 200 baht more than I was expecting, but in my opinion it's still a good value.  The larger car has a lot more room to stretch out and is far more comfortable. 

Some posts removed. Stay on topic.

Thanks.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Just received the follow up email, Noina will be waiting, photo of car and mobile number included. 

She picked me up in January, nice lady.

9 hours ago, bangna said:

Just received the follow up email, Noina will be waiting, photo of car and mobile number included. 

She picked me up in January, nice lady.

Noina picked me up May 12, on time and perfect run to the airport.

image.png

23 hours ago, Jebb said:

Noina picked me up May 12, on time and perfect run to the airport.

Noina waiting for me. Cold bottle of water,  candy if wanted. A comfortable drive with a delightful lady.

Picked up by the wonderful Yuri last night at Suv. The usual excellent service,

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

Had to change my pick up time from 7.30pm to 11.30pm due to plane being late for tomorrow night , sent email to let them know , 30 minutes later got reply "No problem we will pick you up at 11.30pm" 

Brilliant..

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

To whom it may concern (or of interest) 

booked today a ride (3 weeks in advance) from Pattaya to Bangkok (not far from Nana), one hour or so waiting time in Bangkok and then return to Pattaya.

I have been quoted 2800baht return, tolls included, large sedan. 
I was allowing 2hrs for the outbound drive to be on time at destination to calculate the pick up time.

They suggested 3hrs "because of traffic".  So that will be it.

fair and straight deal!

Shall be back in Pattaya right in time to hit an early afternoon  GC visit! LOL

2 hours ago, A6-GIV said:

booked today a ride (3 weeks in advance) from Pattaya to Bangkok (not far from Nana), one hour or so waiting time in Bangkok and then return to Pattaya.

I was allowing 2hrs for the outbound drive to be on time at destination to calculate the pick up time.

fair and straight deal!

The list price Bangkok <—> Pattaya seem to be 1500 THB one way, so not not that steep price and you actually got some discount…

Although that have provided very good service and been competitive for a BKK airport - Pattaya transfer, the price to Bangkok is a bit steep but might actually be ok considering the Bangkok traffic.

Might depend on the destination in Bangkok?

3 hours ago, Mrandress said:

The list price Bangkok <—> Pattaya seem to be 1500 THB one way, so not not that steep price and you actually got some discount…

Although that have provided very good service and been competitive for a BKK airport - Pattaya transfer, the price to Bangkok is a bit steep but might actually be ok considering the Bangkok traffic.

Might depend on the destination in Bangkok?

There might some more tolls compared to the airport route. 

The airport fare might give them the opportunity of two paid trips, whilst it is tough for a city only route. At the best after dropping a passenger they head to the airport for  a pick up if timings are convenient.

i have to stay in Bangkok only one hour max, but traffic suggests an early departure. All in all the car+driver is busy for a good half day: from 07:30am to 13:30/14hrs.   A couple of hundred baths won’t be a killer anyhow. I will end up with a 3k incl a tip!

Edited by A6-GIV

7 hours ago, A6-GIV said:

fair and straight deal!

Guess the price must vary with circumstances then. A friend used them at the start of the week for a return trip to Bangkok. He had to go to a hospital in Silom. The return trip, including waiting for 3 or 4 hours, was 3200 baht. He did only book the day before. He was quoted 1600 one way initially and when he explained he wanted a return they then quoted 3200. The journey took just over 2 hours each way.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”