IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Just now, fawksguy818 said:

Booked Nam taxi based on some really great reviews here. Booking was exceptionally good. They sent all details required. The car was waiting for me at-least 5 mins before the time. Should have checked earlier but I was packing. The car was really good , good chatting and offered me water. I got an arm squeeze at the end 🤣. However talking to the lady was a bit confusing. May be I things got lost in translation. She asked me my age, if I’m married or have lady in pattaya, and asked me to book her by name with Nam next time. She even sent a message on line after wards saying safe travels etc etc. she also was fishing for compliments saying she isn’t beautiful so she works hard , doesn’t have boyfriend. Then she said she works 7 days a week and doesn’t want to get married. I don’t know what the deal is here. A bit confusing but definitely better than a boring ride. 

I’m definitely booking nam for my return flight . Just going to chiang mai for a week. But I’m unsure if i should book her. Or am i overthinking? 

IMG_2735.thumb.jpeg.03fb02919decf02501764afd083f14a3.jpegIMG_2732.thumb.jpeg.9d0a356f86042569b6263496b8ba8fd2.jpeg

Thanks for the recommendations folks. Definitely going to be my default drivers from now 

8 hours ago, davidge said:

Guess the price must vary with circumstances then. A friend used them at the start of the week for a return trip to Bangkok. He had to go to a hospital in Silom. The return trip, including waiting for 3 or 4 hours, was 3200 baht. He did only book the day before. He was quoted 1600 one way initially and when he explained he wanted a return they then quoted 3200. The journey took just over 2 hours each way.

Yes as at the end of the day the fare is also time based 

this is by I sent first an inquire detailing 

to and back to bangkok

Destination address

estimated waiting time between expected arrival deadline and forecasted departure

so it is a customised trip   To be noted that they added +1hr to the trip through an earlier pick up in Pattaya without changing the tariff. This to make sure the arrival in Bangkok will be timely and punctual (a late arrival would have made the trip useless)

I appreciated this concern and shows the professional approach to their services 

Never used Nam's Taxi Services before, so a couple of questions.

Do Sedan S have enough space for 2 big large suitcases, and 1 small? Maybe I need Sedan M or Sedan L
And do they wait for you inside the terminal with a sign or do I need to locate them at the parking garage?

7 hours ago, komplot said:

Do Sedan S have enough space for 2 big large suitcases, and 1 small? Maybe I need Sedan M or Sedan L
And do they wait for you inside the terminal with a sign or do I need to locate them at the parking garage?

I'm not sure about the sedan size but they wait inside at door three same level that you walk out through customs, 

Sometimes it is a greeter that has your name on an A4 size paper, easy to find, then they take you out the door and in a minute or two your car will roll up to collect you. Make sure you know the rego, they send it to you as well as type and colour of the car.

1 hour ago, komplot said:

I always use the sedan large (S or M has an irrelevant price difference) more leg space, we are usually two. I always have a very large bag, on3 medium bag and two trolleys, all fitting in the trunk. Worst case a trolley can go aside the driver.

meeting point is door 3 arrival floor, some 30/40 meters on the right when you exit customs. There you will find the driver or a greeter with your name on a paper board. Might be more than a name if they have many pick ups and a greeter welcomes you.

greeter will call the driver and take you and your trolley to the kerb. In the meantime driver has arrived with her car.

If no greeter, driver will welcome you and guide you to the car park where she will load your luggage in the car and off you go.

whatever the case is, the day before your arrival you will get an email with driver name/phone number + photo as well as car registration + photo of the front.   
no offence (just joking): fool proof.

from my side, I send  my picture before boarding so they can also see the color of my shirt (bright colour, lol) for quicker identification. What can go wrong?

pay on arrival, a tip is appreciated but not mandatory. I always round to the next 500 baht

1 minute ago, A6-GIV said:

I always use the sedan large (S or M has an irrelevant price difference) more leg space, we are usually two. I always have a very large bag, on3 medium bag and two trolleys, all fitting in the trunk. Worst case a trolley can go aside the driver.

meeting point is door 3 arrival floor, some 30/40 meters on the right when you exit customs. There you will find the driver or a greeter with your name on a paper board. Might be more than a name if they have many pick ups and a greeter welcomes you.

greeter will call the driver and take you and your trolley to the kerb. In the meantime driver has arrived with her car.

If no greeter, driver will welcome you and guide you to the car park where she will load your luggage in the car and off you go.

whatever the case is, the day before your arrival you will get an email with driver name/phone number + photo as well as car registration + photo of the front.   
no offence (just joking): fool proof.

from my side, I send  my picture before boarding so they can also see the color of my shirt (bright colour, lol) for quicker identification. What can go wrong?

pay on arrival, a tip is appreciated but not mandatory. I always round to the next 500 baht

Going to book a large sedan. Let's hope the driver don't mind waking up early, as my flight is going to land around 5:30

My suitcases are definitely going to be overweight, so won't allow she to destroy her back trying to lift it

Maybe I should wear a pink shirt so they see me coming miles away. I'm very bad at navigating airports

Thanks for detailed explanation!

34 minutes ago, komplot said:

Going to book a large sedan. Let's hope the driver don't mind waking up early, as my flight is going to land around 5:30

My suitcases are definitely going to be overweight, so won't allow she to destroy her back trying to lift it

Maybe I should wear a pink shirt so they see me coming miles away. I'm very bad at navigating airports

Thanks for detailed explanation!

Sedan L is usually a Camry or alike.
Believe it or not, I wear a pink polo (and I ain't no poof!) surely one of a kind in the mess of the crowd there!

pink is, just a coincidence, the clothing top of their uniform too, LOL

early bird arrival? Never mind. They might have dropped someone  a couple of hours before. Or maybe at midnight and they can have a rest nap in the car.

Edited by A6-GIV

3 minutes ago, A6-GIV said:

Or maybe at midnight and they can have a rest nap in the car

A long time ago when Nam's taxi was just Nam, she took me to the airport, we got there around 10pm and parked in the multi story carpark. She told me she had an early morning pick up and it wasn't worth returning to Pattaya and too expensive for a hotel so she was going to sleep in the car. 

7 minutes ago, Shaygate said:

A long time ago when Nam's taxi was just Nam, she took me to the airport, we got there around 10pm and parked in the multi story carpark. She told me she had an early morning pick up and it wasn't worth returning to Pattaya and too expensive for a hotel so she was going to sleep in the car. 

Hahaha, Around about that same period, she told me the heat in the carpark, plus exhaust gas,  made her decide better sleep inside airport. But all floors are like tiles, rock hard . I got her something between a yoga mat and a folding thin mattress, she found a place almost under an escalator an slept soundly.

• Haha 3

Having said that, nowadays, with the help of computers and GPS and more drivers to fill the need, rarely will drivers sleep though the night at the airport. 
Nam uses maybe 12 drivers very frequently, another 20 or so less frequently but still quite often. She knows which driver likes driving late nights or early mornings.

Actually, quite a lot of them like driving that time, the road is usually empty, more relaxed to drive, less risk of getting stuck in a traffic jam, missing the next pickup.

14 hours ago, davidge said:

Guess the price must vary with circumstances then. A friend used them at the start of the week for a return trip to Bangkok. He had to go to a hospital in Silom. The return trip, including waiting for 3 or 4 hours, was 3200 baht. He did only book the day before. He was quoted 1600 one way initially and when he explained he wanted a return they then quoted 3200. The journey took just over 2 hours each way.

The obvious factors that  influence the price differences are:

1.  location in Bangkok (Not only distance, but time of day and obvious traffic jam/hotspots)
2.  Tolls, depending on location
3. Waiting time. We may like to think (because sometimes we see it) that the driver doesn't mind, catches up on some sleep. But any hour longer they have to wait reduces the time she has to earn money while driving. 

Because of an increase in driver numbers and customers in the past few months since Covid retreated, many Bangkok city trips can be matched up with a return trip for the drivers.

The cost difference between a Bangkok - Pattaya fare and and Airport - Pattaya fare  is partly tollway fare, but mostly time. The actual extra kms to destination are minimal, but the time can be huge. I myself have made the trip very often, and planning is hard. it happened often that a trip I made several times before, ends up taking an hour or more longer.

I used nam 3 times last summer, always booked the small sedan and was charged 1000. Every time it was camry🤭.

Booked her again for my next trip in a few weeks. I'll see if it is a Vios waiting for me this time.

I had a 2000 scheduled pick-up and she was there at 1930

You can't ask for a better service

A very clean car and a safe driver

9 hours ago, komplot said:

Nam’s website says to let them know how many suitcases and what sizes you have when you book and it will advise which size car would be best.  So many cars that are used for taxi service have huge cng tanks, severely limiting luggage space.

https://www.namstaxiladydrivers.com/services

I am going to give them a try next week if I can get booked.

9 hours ago, komplot said:

If you put a Thai SIM into mobile phone, you can ring the driver (or Nam) if you have any problem meeting up.

I did this last trip; driver was about 20m away looking in the wrong direction!

Tourist SIM | dtac has booth in Baggage Hall. Takes about 2 minutes for booth to fit SIM and check it is working. Top up at any 7-11 store.

Ring driver, "I've got my baggage, see you in two, three minutes".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Encora said:

The obvious factors that  influence the price differences are:

1.  location in Bangkok (Not only distance, but time of day and obvious traffic jam/hotspots)
2.  Tolls, depending on location
3. Waiting time. We may like to think (because sometimes we see it) that the driver doesn't mind, catches up on some sleep. But any hour longer they have to wait reduces the time she has to earn money while driving. 

Because of an increase in driver numbers and customers in the past few months since Covid retreated, many Bangkok city trips can be matched up with a return trip for the drivers.

The cost difference between a Bangkok - Pattaya fare and and Airport - Pattaya fare  is partly tollway fare, but mostly time. The actual extra kms to destination are minimal, but the time can be huge. I myself have made the trip very often, and planning is hard. it happened often that a trip I made several times before, ends up taking an hour or more longer.

I appreciate that getting to some parts of Bangkok can be difficult and that it’s reasonable for drivers to be compensated for a long wait.

I have to be honest and say I was a bit disappointed at the fare quoted. The friend only used Nam on my recommendation so I did feel responsible for what I thought was overpaying for the trip. Another friend has used Nam for several years now after I recommended her to him.

I know we’re not talking huge amounts but, as I said, he was initially quoted 1600 one way. I was expecting maybe 1400, or 1500 absolute max. Bolt was quoting just over 1000 and Google maps showed a driving time of 2 hours 7 minutes. Also, given a one way fare will take account of petrol costs for the driver getting home, I did expect a return quote to be at least slightly lower than double the one way fare - even with the wait.

I’m just giving honest feedback.

Anyway, I’ll still use Nam when I go to the airport at the end of this trip and the friend was very happy with his driver.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

12 hours ago, Bonkabit said:

If you put a Thai SIM into mobile phone, you can ring the driver (or Nam) if you have any problem meeting up.

I did this last trip; driver was about 20m away looking in the wrong direction!

Tourist SIM | dtac has booth in Baggage Hall. Takes about 2 minutes for booth to fit SIM and check it is working. Top up at any 7-11 store.

Ring driver, "I've got my baggage, see you in two, three minutes".

That's smart! Thanks for the tip.

I already have plans on picking up a esim from dtac. 

On 10/06/2023 at 06:33, davidge said:

I appreciate that getting to some parts of Bangkok can be difficult and that it’s reasonable for drivers to be compensated for a long wait.

I have to be honest and say I was a bit disappointed at the fare quoted. The friend only used Nam on my recommendation so I did feel responsible for what I thought was overpaying for the trip. Another friend has used Nam for several years now after I recommended her to him.

I know we’re not talking huge amounts but, as I said, he was initially quoted 1600 one way. I was expecting maybe 1400, or 1500 absolute max. Bolt was quoting just over 1000 and Google maps showed a driving time of 2 hours 7 minutes. Also, given a one way fare will take account of petrol costs for the driver getting home, I did expect a return quote to be at least slightly lower than double the one way fare - even with the wait.

I’m just giving honest feedback.

Anyway, I’ll still use Nam when I go to the airport at the end of this trip and the friend was very happy with his driver.

The basic reason for the slightly higher rate than a simple "go to and then back" is the fact there was a waiting time that could have generated one trip for the car (let's say an airport-->Pattaya one). But the nam's car was parked waiting for your friend. Any taxi would keep the flag down and  the waiting time tariff running minute after minute.

other option could have been

1) book single trips with taxi at a fixed rate or meter and be ready to wait for a taxi to go to Pattaya

2) use grab or bolt and be lucky to find a car available in a short time 

3 hours ago, A6-GIV said:

The basic reason for the slightly higher rate than a simple "go to and then back" is the fact there was a waiting time that could have generated one trip for the car (let's say an airport-->Pattaya one). But the nam's car was parked waiting for your friend. Any taxi would keep the flag down and  the waiting time tariff running minute after minute.

other option could have been

1) book single trips with taxi at a fixed rate or meter and be ready to wait for a taxi to go to Pattaya

2) use grab or bolt and be lucky to find a car available in a short time 

I'm with @davidgeon this one.

Get the private car from Pattaya and have her wait.

IMHO win win for both the passenger and the car service that gets paid for both ways.  

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Yesterday I booked a pick up at the airport for 1st July, all the small sedans were booked and I had to get a larger car.  

Yes, almost all drivers now use bigger cars. Considering the small extra cost, no big issue for me, most of the larger cars are in fact more comfortable. 
If you really want a small car, you can ask when booking, but it is getting much less likely that she can provide one.

Her drivers virtually all are owner drivers, she simply accepts what is on offer, providing they offer the service quality she requires....

Planning to book a taxi through Nam taxi service during my upcoming trip. Can some one post her email address to contact her.

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

just booked Nams Service for my trip, I emailed her and she replied back to me within 15 minutes, gave me choice of cars and price. Very efficient service, she said she will message me on LINE as I added her......one day before arrival to confirm my travel is going ahead.