IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

1 hour ago, Jebb said:

I stand corrected, I meant Camry, sorry. I should know the difference. 555.

I actually owned a Toyota Celica GT and loved it, but ofc that was 1974.

Probably not the ideal car for livery 😋

As for Nam''s, I am a big fan and longtime supporter. Admittedly I haven't used her much in recent months as I've been mired deep in the wonders of Pattaya.

But she is my first and only call when I need this type of service A+! 555

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

Yep 2nd that 

Never let me down,a very professional service from 1st contact email  till drop off at the destination

Competent safe drivers at a fair price too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Encora said:

Your second issue, small cars. I have seen a list of her pool drivers and it indeed shows only a few small cars available. She deals with dozens of bookings each day and juggling the allocation of drivers so they have back to back jobs is a very complex task. The added variety of car size adds yet another factor in this matching puzzle. It may well be that she already has several small car bookings backed up, or the dates are already filling up. If she promises a small car but at he time of allocation hasn't got one, she either loses her own entire commission by sending a big one, or raises your ire by having to tell you "Sorry, cant find a driver with small car"
I have often thought she'd be better off simply deleting the small car option altogether...

This is a quote from Nam's when I booked a pickup last month from BKK airport.  I enjoyed the extra space, added safety,  and the much improved ride comfort for an extra 200 THB. 

"We have only large sedan and SUV standby for late night pick up. 

The price is 1200 baht all tolls included for large sedan."

I've used Nam's for all of my trips previously. Now living here, I haven't needed their service until a couple weeks ago. I had a last minute need to return to the US and she came through with flying colors, both there and upon my return. 

Is there a phone number to contact Nam? I sent a reservation request over 8 hours ago and have not heard back. Or am I getting worried for nothing 🙂? Based on the 105 pages of mostly high recommendations, I thought that I would have heard back by now.

12 minutes ago, rajs123 said:

Is there a phone number to contact Nam? I sent a reservation request over 8 hours ago and have not heard back. Or am I getting worried for nothing 🙂? Based on the 105 pages of mostly high recommendations, I thought that I would have heard back by now.

+66811577977

• Thanks 1

image.png

1 hour ago, rajs123 said:

Or am I getting worried for nothing 🙂?

I would think so as you have to allow for the fact that judging from the time of your post it suggests when you sent the email it was during the middle of the night Thai time when Nam would be sleeping and possibly after a reasonable time in Europe where a sister or two are based also help out.

As many posters have indicated it is best to contact Nam (or any other taxi firm) at least a few days or weeks in advance to allow a reasonable time for them to reply allowing for time differences!

On 01/10/2023 at 03:43, Encora said:

"[email protected]"  
has been the address for quite a while. A few other varieties will feed into same mailbox, but no recent changes AFAIK

I have used [email protected] successfully since at least 2018 for dozens of trips with them. I've never seen or used the [email protected] address.

• Like 1

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

On 01/10/2023 at 18:21, vivid2 said:

This is a quote from Nam's when I booked a pickup last month from BKK airport.  I enjoyed the extra space, added safety,  and the much improved ride comfort for an extra 200 THB. 

"We have only large sedan and SUV standby for late night pick up. 

The price is 1200 baht all tolls included for large sedan."

All 3 journeys I requested a small sedan for were morning or afternoon journeys, so perhaps she should say "We only have large sedan and SUV for ALL journeys." At least it would remove the confusion.

Whilst I don't doubt they have fewer small sedans than large sedans, but it definitely appears there is a bit of 'upselling' going on, as the large sedans are obviously more profitable for them, even with the slightly higher fuel and maintenance costs for a bigger car.

• Like 1

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

21 hours ago, rajs123 said:

OOps, I missed that last night. 
Of course if you haven't heard after 8 hrs, simplest would be to send her anoyer email.
Alternatively send me a PM with a copy of the one You set her, I can easily contact her fairly instantly and help sort this. She usually responds faster then that , but I think she told me Chanya was sick and not working yesterday, so she was doing the whole job alone, and sometimes has to sleep. She usually has her sister backing up her booking, but something may have gone wrong there.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, funky310 said:

All 3 journeys I requested a small sedan for were morning or afternoon journeys, so perhaps she should say "We only have large sedan and SUV for ALL journeys." At least it would remove the confusion.

I think some change like that maybe useful, I'll pass it on...

>Whilst I don't doubt they have fewer small sedans than large sedans, but it definitely appears there is a bit of 'upselling' going on, as the large sedans are obviously more profitable for them, even with the slightly higher fuel and maintenance costs for a bigger car.<

"Obviously"?

I am not so sure of that. A Camry or a Fortuner, which are the most common "large cars" are a lot more expensive to buy, nearly twice the price of a Vios. Most cars used are bought with help of a finance company. The monthly outgoings on repaying the loan can be nearly twice for a small lcar then for a large car. I think that the 20%  price difference between a small and large car for a trip to the airport is largely explained by that.

10 hours ago, Encora said:

image.png.4d1da15c5ff63fa2e5fa7261e797f2e9.png

Just received from Nam.
Basically she needs a break. her main assistant, Chanya just got Covid and was due anyway to take off a few days Oct 10-12, so Nam decided rather then try and do the ever growing job all by herself, she'd simply close up shop for a few days. 

All those who are already booked for these days will be fine, she will allocate them drivers the night before their trip, but they simply won't accept any new bookings during these three days.
Should be not a problem for all those who book a week or more ahead, only for those who need a booking during that period of three days.

Sorry if this inconveniences anyone, but I think she is wise to recognise she needs a break.

She is considering adding more admin support staff, but it is not easy finding someone suitable. It requires someone who is prepared to work hard for a full day 8.00-5.00, good written (spoken a bonus)  English (and Thai) skills and office work skills. Pay will be OK by Thai standards, but reliability is essential.

Most of the work is simply receiving emails, replying by providing information about price etc, receiving confirmations of booking and filing the info by transferring to to Google Calendar. All driver allocations on this side are made by Nam herself, so don't concern the admin staff.
Her current main assistant, Chanya, right now resides in UK, her back up is her sister Ning who permanently lives in Belgium, Nam herself has conducted all her business over the past few years while visiting Japan, UK, Switzerland and other places, so location is not an issue as long as you have internet connection. But key factors are reliability, honesty and quality admin skills.

We'll see, i hope she has a good rest during her brief break.

I am booked for Tuesday 10th ... airport to Pattaya ....confirmed but waiting for driver details.  I hope it works out   555.

Otherwise I will have to use the bus ....    

ผีเสื้อ

On 06/10/2023 at 12:42, Jebb said:

+66811577977

Thank you Sir for the phone number. I was able to get hold of her eventually. Everything worked out and I am now in Thailand 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

I booked a pickup from BKK to Pattaya based on recommendations here.

Very quick reply to my email and no issue getting the vehicle I requested. Gave me the location of pickup and will provide the driver photo day before I arrive.

Service so far so good!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, amphis said:

I booked a pickup from BKK to Pattaya based on recommendations here.

Very quick reply to my email and no issue getting the vehicle I requested. Gave me the location of pickup and will provide the driver photo day before I arrive.

Service so far so good!

They are excellent. Usually a lady will wait for you with your name written on a card at the meeting point and then they confirm who you are, take your photo and take you to the driver.

It’s a great feeling to know someone reliable and safe will be waiting for you after the long flight. I use them for all my trips to BKK. 

39 minutes ago, cheetzie said:

.... you are, take your photo and take you to the driver.

What?  No one takes my photo and I am almost always picked up by the driver.

I've been using Nam's for years and the service is always excellent.

9 minutes ago, Downandup said:

Call the cops!

32 minutes ago, Downandup said:

Last time (January) the driver took a photo of me to send "to the office." 

I've been a customer of Nam's for a long time and will soon be again, in January. No reason to look elsewhere. Maybe if they won't take me to Utapao in February, then I need to look for another provider. Bolt?

2 hours ago, Tarpon said:

Yes, they usually do especially if they are picking you up at the airport. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Tarpon said:

This has been common for me with other taxi services than Nams as well. Only started encountering it this year though after covid

40 minutes ago, KingRatty said:

So why are they doing this now, i have used Nams three times and never had my photo taken?

Not new.. I have been using Nam's for 6 or 7 years and had my picture taken a few times. Guess it's a bit random.

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png