IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

39 minutes ago, Encora said:

yes, you may be able to get a booking three hour before, but you may also find that at the specific time you try, she cannot find a driver that is available. 
Most international flights are booked more then a day ahead, so no reason why you cannot book your taxi same time as your flight. Much easier on the person who is juggling several dozen bookings a day. Much more likely to get a confirmation that suits you.

Just to note, this was for my return from hotel to airport. I got friends with some local dudes last time and one of them wanted to drive me to the airport. But 3 hours before depature he said he could not, so I tried whatsapp Nam's taxi service and she said no problem. 
I would not ever risk waiting so long before booking, very happy she was able to help me. I will only be using her service from now on

Another happy customer here, I arrived a little earlier than scheduled, passport control was a 5 minute wait and my bag was one of the first lot on the carousel. My driver Milky was waiting as arranged at Gate 3, jumped in her Toyota Camry and we were off. I asked if we could stop at the motorway services so I could grab a coffee, no problem! Great service 👍

Recently had a quick trip back to Oz and for the trips to and from the airport had the beaming Miss Yuri who was on time, drove safely and always had a smile. Well done.

image.png

I’d be happy if my driver was Milky or Yuri on every trip.

i am now using Meow Ponchai for last 2 trips.

• Like 2

TGOEA

7 hours ago, Bira said:

I’d be happy if my driver was Milky or Yuri on every trip.

i am now using Meow Ponchai for last 2 trips.

Just curious, why the change? All of Nams drivers are good. 

I  have always been  requesting for milky as she as been always picking me on my Solo Trips & family trips . She  has also been a great help ,she  baby sits my daughter when me & my wife go out for few drinks to the bars. she is the only one i can trust with my little one . overall Nams taxi service is excellent . 

Just used Noy last night for hotel to BKK.

She showed up 40 minutes early, which was a good thing as it took 20 minutes to get from the Areca to the Motor Way 7 because of all the traffic. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

26 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

Just used Noy last night for hotel to BKK.

She showed up 40 minutes early, which was a good thing as it took 20 minutes to get from the Areca to the Motor Way 7 because of all the traffic. 

How long before departure did you leave areca? I left 21:00 last time and my departure was 02:00 felt a bit early but who knows what can happen. Checkin was open when I arrived atleast.

1 hour ago, swede37 said:

How long before departure did you leave areca? I left 21:00 last time and my departure was 02:00 felt a bit early but who knows what can happen. Check-in was open when I arrived at least.

About 4 hours. allowed 2 hours to get there and then able to spend a hour in the lounge before going to the gate. 

Security and immigration took about 10 minutes after checking in with the airline. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

10 hours ago, Shaygate said:

Just curious, why the change? All of Nams drivers are good. 

Was using Meow quite a long time ago, when Meow was usually the driver. Treated me well back then, and felt she deserved my business. 

TGOEA

Having used Nam Taxis lwithout complaint like 20 times, I've had a couple of niggling issues with them recently. Last time, the driver arrived 30 mins early (they are usually 15 mins early, which I factor in), and she then had reception ring my room twice, like she was in some major hurry. She then does a diversion to the gas station to fill up and tells she has no cash for fuel and they don't take cards, so I have to spot her a 1000 baht note for the fuel and deduct it from the bill, which then messes up the tip I had planned for her. Very unprofessional! 

Then last week I tried to book three separate BKK to Patts journeys for late November.  I ask for a small sedan costing 1000 baht. They reply with quotes for 3 large sedans costing 1200 each, without acknowledging my original request. When I query it, they suggest they have no small sedans available for any of the 3 journeys. Could be a massive coincidence, but more likely they are just looking to charge the higher price. Ok, I know it's only 200 baht, and sometimes ive previously booked a small sedan and a large camry sedan has turned up anyway, but it's the principle. They have dozens of drivers, most of whom pool or share the cars anyway, so i find it hard to believe they cant arrange a small sedan on over 2 months notice for any of 3 separate trips. Ok, rant over 55555.

Experts warn that a laptop can seriously damage your sperm....

Although in my experience, not as much as sperm can damage your laptop!

Used Nams too and from Patts just recently and will use again. Nice clean vehicle, complimentary water, safe diving, car didnt smell from cigarette smoke like Meow's, 1200 each way. Recommend.

3 hours ago, funky310 said:

Having used Nam Taxis lwithout complaint like 20 times, I've had a couple of niggling issues with them recently. Last time, the driver arrived 30 mins early (they are usually 15 mins early, which I factor in), and she then had reception ring my room twice, like she was in some major hurry. She then does a diversion to the gas station to fill up and tells she has no cash for fuel and they don't take cards, so I have to spot her a 1000 baht note for the fuel and deduct it from the bill, which then messes up the tip I had planned for her. Very unprofessional! 

Then last week I tried to book three separate BKK to Patts journeys for late November.  I ask for a small sedan costing 1000 baht. They reply with quotes for 3 large sedans costing 1200 each, without acknowledging my original request. When I query it, they suggest they have no small sedans available for any of the 3 journeys. Could be a massive coincidence, but more likely they are just looking to charge the higher price. Ok, I know it's only 200 baht, and sometimes ive previously booked a small sedan and a large camry sedan has turned up anyway, but it's the principle. They have dozens of drivers, most of whom pool or share the cars anyway, so i find it hard to believe they cant arrange a small sedan on over 2 months notice for any of 3 separate trips. Ok, rant over 55555.

Tried to book a few times last week. Didn’t get any response by email (and no @Encora before you start, it’s not because I sexually assaulted a driver recently)

bit weird really; would usually get a reply very quickly 

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Tried to book a few times last week. Didn’t get any response by email (and no @Encora before you start, it’s not because I sexually assaulted a driver recently)

They have new email, maybe thats why.

2 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Send me a PM with your email address and your pick up details, I will check with her and get back to you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, swede37 said:

They have new email, maybe thats why.

"[email protected]"  
has been the address for quite a while. A few other varieties will feed into same mailbox, but no recent changes AFAIK

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Encora said:

"[email protected]"  
has been the address for quite a while. A few other varieties will feed into same mailbox, but no recent changes AFAIK

Ok I emailed another adress in june (and got answer). Thats why I thought this one was new.

5 hours ago, funky310 said:

Thank you for that feedback. Nam needs feedback in order to keep an eye on quality.

Your first issue, drivers often arrive early if they have a gap between their last job and yours. They usually don't mind waiting, but sometimes, if they have another one after you with a concern that traffic maybe bad, they will try to leave earlier to build up a bit of a buffer, in case traffic gets even worse. But you simply reply "Sorry, I am not ready until the time I booked for. XX.XX o'clock".
Stopping for petrol is not supposed to happen. Send me a copy of your booking confirmation you received from Nam with drivers name and date and time, I will feed that back to Nam, so she can take note and give the driver a warning.

Your second issue, small cars. I have seen a list of her pool drivers and it indeed shows only a few small cars available. She deals with dozens of bookings each day and juggling the allocation of drivers so they have back to back jobs is a very complex task. The added variety of car size adds yet another factor in this matching puzzle. It may well be that she already has several small car bookings backed up, or the dates are already filling up. If she promises a small car but at he time of allocation hasn't got one, she either loses her own entire commission by sending a big one, or raises your ire by having to tell you "Sorry, cant find a driver with small car"
I have often thought she'd be better off simply deleting the small car option altogether...

13 minutes ago, Encora said:

Thank you for that feedback. Nam needs feedback in order to keep an eye on quality.

Your first issue, drivers often arrive early if they have a gap between their last job and yours. They usually don't mind waiting, but sometimes, if they have another one after you with a concern that traffic maybe bad, they will try to leave earlier to build up a bit of a buffer, in case traffic gets even worse. But you simply reply "Sorry, I am not ready until the time I booked for. XX.XX o'clock".
Stopping for petrol is not supposed to happen. Send me a copy of your booking confirmation you received from Nam with drivers name and date and time, I will feed that back to Nam, so she can take note and give the driver a warning.

Your second issue, small cars. I have seen a list of her pool drivers and it indeed shows only a few small cars available. She deals with dozens of bookings each day and juggling the allocation of drivers so they have back to back jobs is a very complex task. The added variety of car size adds yet another factor in this matching puzzle. It may well be that she already has several small car bookings backed up, or the dates are already filling up. If she promises a small car but at he time of allocation hasn't got one, she either loses her own entire commission by sending a big one, or raises your ire by having to tell you "Sorry, cant find a driver with small car"
I have often thought she'd be better off simply deleting the small car option altogether...

I recently travelled with Yuri and even though a small vehicle would have sufficed I always ask for her (Toyota Camry) by name. She told me that there was usually only two small sedans available and they tend to get snapped up first so that would explain why they are hard to catch?

• Like 2

image.png

21 minutes ago, Jebb said:

I recently travelled with Yuri and even though a small vehicle would have sufficed I always ask for her (Toyota Camry) by name. She told me that there was usually only two small sedans available and they tend to get snapped up first so that would explain why they are hard to catch?

Is that classed as small? I booked sedan L (1200b) and my drivers name was yuri. What did you pay? Doesnt matter really just curious.

1 minute ago, swede37 said:

Is that classed as small? I booked sedan L (1200b) and my drivers name was yuri. What did you pay? Doesnt matter really just curious.

Small would be a Toyota corolla size vehicle which is ฿ 1000 and the larger Camry would be ฿1200

1 minute ago, Sloracer said:

Small would be a Toyota corolla size vehicle which is ฿ 1000 and the larger Camry would be ฿1200

Yeah thats what I thought, the car I got wasnt small but maybe @Jebb is dailying a caddilac eldorado 😀

19 minutes ago, swede37 said:

No, Yuri is 1,200 for a celica. I just prefer her as a driver.

• Like 2

image.png

29 minutes ago, Jebb said:

No, Yuri is 1,200 for a celica. I just prefer her as a driver.

Sorry to correct you, but Yuri drives a new Camry.

She lost her car over Covid, like many other drivers, who, having lost all income, couldn’t keep up with hire purchase payments. When she finally managed to buy a new car after Covid, she tried for an Altis, but was told by Toyota that all small cars had many months waiting list, so she ended up buying a Camry instead. I am not sure, but this maybe behind the shortage of small taxis….

2 minutes ago, Encora said:

Sorry to correct you, but Yuri drives a new Camry.

She lost her car over Covid, like many other drivers, who, having lost all income, couldn’t keep up with hire purchase payments. When she finally managed to buy a new car after Covid, she tried for an Altis, but was told by Toyota that all small cars had many months waiting list, so she ended up buying a Camry instead. I am not sure, but this maybe behind the shortage of small taxis….

I stand corrected, I meant Camry, sorry. I should know the difference. 555.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

image.png