IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

yeah I would avoid any sharing.  What if your driver told you that you need to wait 3 to 5 more hours because there's another person coming, suddenly sharing not that great of an idea

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Bazle said:

Has Nam considered offering taxi-sharing?

Bad idea, imagine just coming off a 12 hour flight, and you end up sharing a taxi with a very talkative complete stranger, who can't wait to tell you his life story, for the duration of the trip, no thanks.

1 minute ago, Farangkie said:

Bad idea, imagine just coming off a 12 hour flight, and you end up sharing a taxi with a very talkative complete stranger, who can't wait to tell you his life story, for the duration of the trip, no thanks.

Telling the driver what direction she should take, advising you where you should have stayed, where to drink and what visa you should have gotten etc 

all the way to Pattaya 

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Exactly, I mean she’s running a very successful business and not entirely sure why  some of her customers think they know her business better than she does?

You do see that a lot in Pattaya and Thailand in general. The 2 week Pattaya shagger, the retired postman, who rides into town on a white horse and dispenses his sage like advice on running a gogo bar, taxi service, hotel, restaurant, massage parlour etc 

I well imagine some blokes taking their tilac back up to Udon and trying show Uncle Mee the proper way to grow rice.

Thailand needs these people 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Farangkie said:

Or even worse, imagine if you were sharing a taxi with a moderator that you’d pissed off, and had banned you.:wacko:

....or being banned by him DURING the drive!  5555

On 29/01/2023 at 14:15, Farangkie said:

Or having to be in the car with someone who has still not come to recognize that soap, deodorant, and toothpaste are formulated to be used daily…..not .yearly. :68:

OR. .... whilst during the trip and a bit of banter you find out he has been sliding the trouser snake into your chick while your not there !! so you ask to be dropped off first and when she comes out to greet you , its then you ask her ... do you know this c*nt !! 555555

Edited by onehunglo

16 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

Just imagine if two board members shared a taxi and discovered that they were arch enemies on PA :) it would make for an interesting journey.

Arch enemies on the PA forum, really.

Maybe "keyboard" warriors"  ⌨️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 16/01/2023 at 12:19, reefdiver said:

Bugger!

Just had the same response 🥲

I'm in Bangkok for 5 weeks with my (farang) wife and have a l have a leave pass to flit down to Pattaya for a week starting this Friday 😁

It's been a few years since I used any other taxi company - best I start Googling 🤔

Thank you for your email. 

My apologies, we can not help you for this trip,  we only do pick up between Suvarnabhumi airport and Pattaya. 

Thank you very much.

Chanya 

Had the pleasure to go to and from Suvarnabhumi with Bewty and Noina recently. Smooth as always. Everything went as expected. Very reliable taxi service.

Made a booking with her for next week's transfer.
Quick to confirm with detailed instructions.

Hope we're not getting cancelled due to overbooking capacity.

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/02/09/several-pattaya-mobile-app-taxi-drivers-fined-for-not-having-required-transport-documentation

After reading the text above I started wondering if Nam's and other transportation companies has all documents in order? Are they taxi registrated vehicles? And how about insurance for passengers?

5 minutes ago, Tarpon said:

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/02/09/several-pattaya-mobile-app-taxi-drivers-fined-for-not-having-required-transport-documentation

After reading the text above I started wondering if Nam's and other transportation companies has all documents in order? Are they taxi registrated vehicles? And how about insurance for passengers?

Aren't they friends doing friends a favor? Another reason to have a decent travel insurance when visiting LOS.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Used Nam's again last night for collection from the airport and as usual everything went very smoothly despite my flight being an hour late.

Yuri was the driver and she said she'd checked my flight and had seen it had been delayed and had timed her arrival to coincide with mine. Great drive down and more than pleased with the service from start to finish.

I've already booked my return to the airport with her for next month.

I had Numzfon on the way out and Noina on the way back in last week, both are lovely ladies and drove appropriately.  Poor Numzfon had to wake up for my 5:30AM condo pickup, and I ended up calling Noina 15 minutes early as I overestimated my arrival time.

Milky was my driver from the airport, pickup went smoothly and she had to wait nearly a hour for me. She was a safe driver and great to talk to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Occasionally, when I hear of a sole operator lady driver, who seems to be a good fit with Nam's operation, I will recommend her to Nam to add to her list of drivers.

Sometimes, that backfires.

Today, she told me of one of them that had used the opportunity of driving a customer referred to her by Nam, by passing one her own phone number to her customer, in an obvious attempt to poach a client and avoid Nam's commission, something that Nam considers very bad manners. She removed the driver instantly from her list of drivers, and lambasted me for recommending to her someone who behaves in such a reprehensible manner. 

I will stop making any further recommendations. 

These disloyal "colleagues" have turned up from time to time, but usually get busted quite quickly, usually get reported by customers who feel uneasy at drivers trying to pull a swifty on the service that assists them to get work.

On 20/02/2023 at 17:03, reefdiver said:

Milky was my driver from the airport, pickup went smoothly and she had to wait nearly a hour for me. She was a safe driver and great to talk to.

Milky gave me a round trip run from Jomtien to Bangkok (US Embassy) and back today. She also waited for an hour while I took care of business at the Embassy. I got done in less than an hour for some notary services. I was amazed that the Embassy was that efficient.

Anyway the Bangkok traffic was rough. Milky did a great job of navigating it. I might have gone postal if I was driving. She was non-pulsed and focused.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Encora said:

Occasionally, when I hear of a sole operator lady driver, who seems to be a good fit with Nam's operation, I will recommend her to Nam to add to her list of drivers.

Sometimes, that backfires.

Today, she told me of one of them that had used the opportunity of driving a customer referred to her by Nam, by passing one her own phone number to her customer, in an obvious attempt to poach a client and avoid Nam's commission, something that Nam considers very bad manners. She removed the driver instantly from her list of drivers, and lambasted me for recommending to her someone who behaves in such a reprehensible manner. 

I will stop making any further recommendations. 

These disloyal "colleagues" have turned up from time to time, but usually get busted quite quickly, usually get reported by customers who feel uneasy at drivers trying to pull a swifty on the service that assists them to get work.

I have been an off and on customer for over 10 years now. Lately I do not book much, because I live here (I am seldom going to the airport) and also have my own car. Still I must say that Nam's drivers have been amazingly good over the years. In all that time there was only one that I should have reported for a poaching attempt, not to mention that she tried to get a Bangkok street hooker for me in front of my GF. I got into my holiday and spaced about turning said driver into Nam. I noticed that said driver did not appear to around for very long. 

Made a booking last week.Received email the next day to confirm details and again 24 hrs before I arrived in Bkk last Sunday.Used Nam’s many many times to and from Bkk Airport.Reliable,comfortable and safe....10/10

A message received from Nam:

This month there will be a music festival in Pattaya, on every Friday and Saturday. That means on those days, Beach Road will be closed in the afternoon and evening. As a result, traffic jams will be terrible and we expect trips to the airport will likely take as much as three hours. This will apply from 15.00 -02.00.
Please make sure your bookings are taking this delay into account. Please be patient, our drivers don’t like this anymore than you do, but it cannot be avoided, except for travelling outside these hours.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Encora said:

This month there will be a music festival in Pattaya, on every Friday and Saturday.

Well, that sucks. This month I'll be staying at LK The Empress. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of walking if Beach Road is going to be closed off on the weekends. 😞