IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

2 hours ago, Shaygate said:

You might be as well getting the train from the airport and connect to the Sky train perhaps? 

I was thinking the same. It does get annoying if you have significant luggage, though. In that case, regular taxis are fine in my experience. 

• Like 2

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

19 hours ago, AdventureLad said:

Get in early for bookings lads. I tried yesterday to book for Jan 26th (BKK airport to Sukhumvit) and they’re fully booked that day. 

I’ll have to try an alternative. Shame because I’ve used Nam’s taxis in the past and always been happy with the service. 

2 hours ago, Shaygate said:

You might be as well getting the train from the airport and connect to the Sky train perhaps? 

A normal taxi (at ground floor) running on taximeter is about 300-400 baht from airport to Sukhumvit. The AOT staff will give you a paper with the taxi number and driver so if they try telling taximeter not working (usual scam before) or other scam you can report it and they will not be allowed to operate from the airport in the future.

For BKK Airport to Pattaya and Bangkok to Pattaya Nams is much more comfortable though at a good price.

Edited by FarangBear

I didn't know Nam did that short route? From Suvarnabhumi to central Bangkok? Doesn't make any sense to me when she's got her base in Pattaya. 

BKK Airport to BKK is listed as a service on the website (BKK airport to Bangkok 800) but as Encora said - over the last few months she’s focusing on airport to/from Pattaya trips which is fair enough. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Soon2Thai said:

Anyone gotten a Nam taxi recently? Going to book one.

Had one of Thursday, the lovely Yuri was my driver back to BKK from Patts, I think that’s about the 5th time I’ve had Yuri but all of the drivers are great. 

Safe and dependable as always. 

Hey guys,

does she have a Line ID?

trying to book for my upcoming trip.

Cheers

27 minutes ago, sam2013 said:

Hey guys, she have a Line ID?

Cheers

She prefers you book by email.

• Like 3

image.png

52 minutes ago, Soon2Thai said:

Anyone gotten a Nam taxi recently? Going to book one.

Used her taxi company last week for Pattaya to BKK; fantastic service as usual.

7 minutes ago, Jebb said:

She prefers you book by email.

That is correct and her company normally replies within 1 hour.

37 minutes ago, sam2013 said:

Hey guys,

does she have a Line ID?

Cheers

Check out her website and it explains everything there.

Am I dreaming but i'm sure Nam service has picked me up in BKK and taken me to Pattaya in the past, or am i wrong? I asked because i requested a pickup from Sukhumvit Galleria 10 and i got "only do pick up between Suvarnabhumi airport and Pattaya."

Can anyone recommend an alternative safe reliable service.

Edited by reefdiver
info

9 minutes ago, reefdiver said:

Sukhumvit Galleria 10

That would be on soi 10? No problem. Only current issue is no service from DMK. 

19 minutes ago, reefdiver said:

Am I dreaming but i'm sure Nam service has picked me up in BKK and taken me to Pattaya in the past, or am i wrong? I asked because i requested a pickup from Sukhumvit Galleria 10 and i got "only do pick up between Suvarnabhumi airport and Pattaya."

Can anyone recommend an alternative safe reliable service.

catch the train to the airport then Nam's Taxi to Pattaya. ... problem solved , must think outside of the box

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Business must be booming. Haven’t been able to book any of her drivers for weeks 

email exchange took 20 minutes so I suggest try again

We will pick you up on Monday 30th January from Suvarnabhumi Airport 

Thr price is 1200 baht all tolls included for large sedan. 

Driver will waiting for you at Meeting point near the Exit 3
Please look for her with your name.

Will back to you again on the day before pick up with name of your driver and her picture.

Thank you very much. 

Kind regards 
Ning

www.sugarcanemafia.com

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Business must be booming. Haven’t been able to book any of her drivers for weeks 

Just emailed requesting small sedan taxi from BKK to Pattaya 30th January.

Requested at 12.00 GMT (19.00 Thai) and received confirmation from Ning at 12.02 GMT (19.02 Thai).

Was expecting to wait until tomorrow morning for response.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I booked for a Pattaya to BKK for last week.

I emailed her a few days before I needed her services and got a reply shortly with a confirmation. 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

18 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

That would be on soi 10? No problem. Only current issue is no service from DMK. 

Yes Soi 10 but as i noted Nam is not doing BKK pickups. Full email response below

Thank you for your email. 

My apologies, we can not help you for this trip,  we only do pick up between Suvarnabhumi airport and Pattaya. 

Thank you very much.

Chanya 
Edited by reefdiver
mistake
  • Like 2

Damn! That's news to me. Used Nam many times to and from Sukhumvit. Quite recently as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Damn! That's news to me. Used Nam many times to and from Sukhumvit. Quite recently as well. 

Me too. I thought i was going insane. A suggestion from a BM was to catch the train to airport then take a Nam service, seems a bit of a round about way but an option to consider. Not sure about this option maybe one of the other services will do a BKK pickup and Pattaya drop. I'll look into it.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, reefdiver said:

Me too. I thought i was going insane. A suggestion from a BM was to catch the train to airport then take a Nam service, seems a bit of a round about way but an option to consider. Not sure about this option maybe one of the other services will do a BKK pickup and Pattaya drop. I'll look into it.

It’s probably just to do with how busy they are at the moment, it’s easier for them to just schedule pick ups and drop offs at the airport, it helps maximise their drivers times. 
I had the same reply when trying to schedule a trip to and from Koh Chang, another route they used to do but no longer.

There’s a few other companies you can contact that will do the trip you want. 

23 hours ago, onehunglo said:

catch the train to the airport then Nam's Taxi to Pattaya. ... problem solved , must think outside of the box

that's not a viable option  if you have lots of luggage to carry around and seems like a lot of time wasted (about 1hr) + whatever it costs to take the sky train there especially if you have a party of 2 or more.

It's better to book another taxi service in this case. 

I like Nam's taxi service, but I wouldn't break my back just to use it 

3 hours ago, rainman333 said:

I like Nam's taxi service, but I wouldn't break my back just to use it 

That 100%. It’s just a car service.