Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

10 hours ago, ireland2012 said:

Has Nam stopped trips from Bangkok to Hua Hin  and return..      If so any recommendations for other taxi,,,,,     In many years going to Thailand i only ever used Nam

Since Nam has withdrawn from offering that route, perhaps try BM @jerry's partner for taxi service? 

1504390485_SunyTaxi1alineJpegresize.jpg.

Since it is not something Nam is offering I don't feel bad about posting an alternative option. 

7 minutes ago, Encora said:

Nam has withdrawn from offering Hua His as destination, mainly because of the numbers.  To make it viable for her, she would need to have enough work on that route to ensure paid return trips for the majority of runs. Most of her drivers are based around Pattaya, the numbers on the Hua Hit trip simply are not enough right now. That may be different for an operator based in Hua Hin.

Glad you are still "marshalling" this thread as I have never had direct contact with [email protected] despite e-mailing alternative e-mail addresses to confirm my booking of 04/11/22 after you explained there had been an error on my part when first making the booking. My thanks for forwarding the failed replies from Nam, I am a little worried how I will receive the pick-up details? 

1 minute ago, geezerrb said:

I have never had direct contact with [email protected]

Just on a tangent, do you have that email address in your computer (or phone) address book/contacts? Sometimes it helps mail not get lost when the email address is one you already have listed. For example, if using Chrome having the address for Nam listed in your Google contacts. 

• Like 2

@geezerrb if you want to make posts extolling the virtues of Mr T taxi service then please do it on his thread. Not here

image.png

4 minutes ago, Jebb said:

@geezerrb if you want to make posts extolling the virtues of Mr T taxi service then please do it on his thread. Not here

I was not extolling "the virtues"? of Mr T simply pointing out that in my previous 28 trips no problem and explaining the circumstances of my current problem for trip 29. Is that out of context with the discourse of my post?

29 minutes ago, Jebb said:

This.

Nam's Taxi Service is the title of this thread. Certainly reads simple enough

• Like 2

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

@Encora  I have checked my own email records,  and all of my past correspondence in 2020 about bookings was with Chanya on [email protected] ,  not the address mentioned here and on the website.

Is it possible that this is the reason for communication problems?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, Garzan said:

Since Nam has withdrawn from offering that route, perhaps try BM @jerry's partner for taxi service? 

1504390485_SunyTaxi1alineJpegresize.jpg.

Since it is not something Nam is offering I don't feel bad about posting an alternative option. 

To put some clarity ... Sun (my girlfriend) has started for herself but is working together with Nam . As Sun has just started she doesn't have enough customers yet to fill in the return trips to and from the airport . She's is on Nam's shortlist and get trips from her on a daily base to make things work . If you always book with Nam , book your ride with her and ask for Sun to be your driver if you want to support her a bit .

Of course you can book your trips straight with Sun as well ... same price , same service ... better car for the same price though ... Sun is driving an almost new Honda Civic , leather seats , comfortable , very clean and well maintained . 

Besides being one of Nam's daily drivers she does trips Nam doesn't do at the moment . 

- Don Muang airport --- 1400Bht 

- Koh Chang ferry ------ 3200Bht  

Just to name a few ... contact her for other destinations . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, geezerrb said:

I was not extolling "the virtues"? of Mr T simply pointing out that in my previous 28 trips no problem and explaining the circumstances of my current problem for trip 29. Is that out of context with the discourse of my post?

And you have been harping on about it for months now. Leave it alone.

image.png

2 hours ago, ocka said:

@Encora  I have checked my own email records,  and all of my past correspondence in 2020 about bookings was with Chanya on [email protected] ,  not the address mentioned here and on the website.

Is it possible that this is the reason for communication problems?

This is the address I used for my June/July/August 2022 trips: <[email protected]>

Just saying...cheers...

[email protected] is the email she has had for over ten years, well before she started her business. She added [email protected] a while ago, but basically they are just different names landing in the same mailbox, so either will work.

Regjai:   >Dont drivers monitor flight arrivals on line? Surely early/late arrivals are an inherent part of the business - ignoring this can only lead to issues<

Nam has been doing that almost since the start, but with the volume she is dealing with now, 
not sure if she still does that for all her customers. Some drivers do, some don't, depending on their level of skills.

16 hours ago, jerry said:

To put some clarity ... Sun (my girlfriend) has started for herself but is working together with Nam . As Sun has just started she doesn't have enough customers yet to fill in the return trips to and from the airport . She's is on Nam's shortlist and get trips from her on a daily base to make things work . If you always book with Nam , book your ride with her and ask for Sun to be your driver if you want to support her a bit .

Of course you can book your trips straight with Sun as well ... same price , same service ... better car for the same price though ... Sun is driving an almost new Honda Civic , leather seats , comfortable , very clean and well maintained . 

Besides being one of Nam's daily drivers she does trips Nam doesn't do at the moment . 

- Don Muang airport --- 1400Bht 

- Koh Chang ferry ------ 3200Bht  

Just to name a few ... contact her for other destinations . 

Thanks for information,,,,,,,,,,,,,,much appreciated

• Like 2

Good to see Nam's taxis still going, been using her for a very long time, reliable and at a fair price, drivers always provide exceptional service. will be booking here for my trip next month. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My next is in 3 weeks time booked Nam last week reply within the hour flawless 

Used nam taxi. 1300 to sukhumvit. Rate it 10/10. The hotel I booked was closed and the driver helped call up the hotel to see what was happening.  Went above and beyond her duties.  Will use again. 

5 minutes ago, Pattaboy said:

Just emailed nam. Is it 1000 from BKK airport to pattaya?

Yes, but a tip would be gratefully received by the driver Lol.

image.png

My last trips I requested a small car but was picked up by a Camry. Chanya advised driver and car and confirmed price was still 1000. I guess no small cars were available. Both drivers thanked me when I paid 1000 plus tip.

Just another positive post about Nam's, books a couple of weeks in advance, heard back within the hour to confirm. Day before I landed got sent the driver info (name, picture, number and licence plate info).

Bags were delayed and got pinged on line saying driver was waiting at exit 3. A safe ride to Pattaya and gave usual tip. Will be looking to book again for the return leg.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 07/11/2022 at 16:35, Encora said:

I understand 1000 bt is the price of the trip in a small car. SUV or Camry will be a bit more...

Yes, right, 1000b to and from Bkk airport/Pattaya, same price.

Just took a Sedan last week, very clean and new Hundai, 1hrs 15min from Central Pattaya to airport. Confirmation email or line chat wirhin a few minutes.

Nam never disappointed me, therefore i will not even consider another option. 200b tip,  think is appropriate for the lady driver.

On 01/11/2022 at 02:24, Encora said:

Nam has withdrawn from offering Hua His as destination, mainly because of the numbers.  To make it viable for her, she would need to have enough work on that route to ensure paid return trips for the majority of runs. Most of her drivers are based around Pattaya, the numbers on the Hua Hit trip simply are not enough right now. That may be different for an operator based in Hua Hin.

I do think this was spot on decision. My friend sent me this pic from Hua Hin Soi88, which was buzzin before covid. Hua Hin is getting busy much slower than Pattaya. Maybe 30% tourists compared to pre-covid times. 

Corner unit used to be popular bar and the unit next to it very busy pizzeria

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-09 at 10.29.22.jpeg

Edited by jpmelville

• 2 weeks later...