IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Picked up by Miss Dream last Tuesday, she was ready and waiting and drove flawlessly. Very easy on the eye as well, much nicer than her photo. 555

image.png

trust you to get the eye candy @Jebb

• Haha 2

Thanks for all of the replies, she did eventually reply after some 4-5 hours. Heading down to pats tomorrow after 4 nights in Bangkok.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hunterz said:

Thanks for all of the replies, she did eventually reply after some 4-5 hours. Heading down to pats tomorrow after 4 nights in Bangkok.

4-5 hours is pretty good.

2 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

4-5 hours is pretty good.

It's a reasonable time frame, I just had left it to the second last day to book a taxi so I was somewhat worried that in the time I was waiting for a reply it wouldn't give me enough time to book an alternate taxi service if the off chance that Nams was fully booked or some how lost my email.

• Like 1

I just wanted to give my recommendation for Nam's Taxi LadyDrivers service.  I arrived Bkk at 05:20, immigration took about 15-20 minutes, and then I had to wait for my checked bag.  It was after 06:00 by the time I got to meeting point near gate 3.  Anny was waiting for me with my name clearly visible and had a late model Camry.  I had ordered a small sedan but she had brought a passenger to Bkk about three hours earlier so I got upgraded.  The charge was 1000bt.  I gave her 1200bt because she drove very efficiently and most other taxi services charge more.  In the past I would use Mr.T but I will use Nam's in the future.

Women Are Like Elephants. I Like to Look At Em. But I Wouldn't Want to Own One. - WC Fields

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2022 at 14:11, petehoax said:

airport has free wifi. 

Do you need to register first, to get wifi? I find it very annoying, when the airports ask you to (what for?) register before you can use wifi. When you are in a hurry and just to need an urgent email to someone, registration just makes you waste time.

1 hour ago, filipef said:

Do you need to register first, to get wifi? I find it very annoying, when the airports ask you to (what for?) register before you can use wifi. When you are in a hurry and just to need an urgent email to someone, registration just makes you waste time.

Yeah the last few times I've tried to use it, they require registration. There are sim card companies from all the major mobile companies that will give you a plan if you don't want to bother.

4 hours ago, filipef said:

yes, but it depends what wifi you use, they're all from the different mobile providers. 

iirc i normally use the free dtac wifi. it asks for email and passport number but you can enter whatever you want. there's no confirmation required. after that you're online. normally, i'm online before i've arrived at immigration.

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

35 minutes ago, petehoax said:

yes, but it depends what wifi you use, they're all from the different mobile providers. 

iirc i normally use the free dtac wifi. it asks for email and passport number but you can enter whatever you want. there's no confirmation required. after that you're online. normally, i'm online before i've arrived at immigration.

Maybe i did not put my question well, maybe i am confusing things... I what i meant was, i get off the plane, arriving BKK and, before i pass immigration (and with no thai sim card yet), i need to contact a friend as soon as i can, using internet. I believe the airport has it's own wifi, so i asked if, to use it, i have to register first. Is there more than one wifi available?

I am not talking the internet network i will be using after i buy the sim card... In that case, yes, i know i will use the network of the providers i buy the card from.

Forgive me if i dont explain myself well or id it is a dumb question.

i understood your question, but apparently my answer was confusing or badly written, sorry. 

the airport has like 10 different wifi networks. they are provided by the different mobile providers. so DTAC will have a "dtac free" wifi and a "dtac premium wifi for paying customers". the same goes for true and ais. and then there are a few more wifis around from different providers. 

i don't think the airport itself has an "official airport wifi" . 

but you can use the dtac free wifi. or the ais free wifi. or the true free wifi. 

i usually pick the dtac free wifi. that has all nothing to do with buying a sim card, i'm just talking about the airport wifi. 

i connect to the wifi once i step out of the plane. i don't have a dtac sim card or any contract with dtac. i just use their free airport wifi. 

i hope it all makes sense now. 

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

4 minutes ago, filipef said:

. I believe the airport has it's own wifi, so i asked if, to use it, i have to register first. Is there more than one wifi available?

I am not talking the internet network i will be using after i buy the sim card... In that case, yes, i know i will use the network of the providers i buy the card from.

Forgive me if i dont explain myself well or id it is a dumb question.

Here is the answer you need. 

• Bangkok airport offers free WiFi but you need to register at one of the airside information counters, where they will give you a sealed password. This is to comply with the law in relation to being able to track internet use, should dangerous/illegal websites be accessed.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

1 minute ago, LeoTex said:

Here is the answer you need. 

• Bangkok airport offers free WiFi but you need to register at one of the airside information counters, where they will give you a sealed password. This is to comply with the law in relation to being able to track internet use, should dangerous/illegal websites be accessed.

thanks a lot

I arrived last night at 8pm , I went to my meeting point as directed , found my wife waiting but where is my driver? Waited waited waited, went for a walk inside to see if I could find her with my name on the sign...nupe...25 minutes of waiting, I asked my wife to call her..Nupui answers...where are you my wifi e asks ?.....Im OUTSIDE waiting in car for you...WTF ..we go outside there she is waving at us..I said your suppose to be INSIDE with my name on the sign ..I  didn't get a reply or sorry ....I was pissed .....so today I will let Nam know what happened.....and Nupui missed out on her 200b tip..

@Drew57They have been collecting passengers outside for a while - you should have recieved an email (twice) explaining it?  The email gives the car details, reg number and colour, and tells you to meet them at the 2nd road.

Did they really change things and send you an email saying to meet you at the meeting point inside?

Edited by mattmoore1965x
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, mattmoore1965x said:

@Drew57They have been collecting passengers outside for a while - you should have recieved an email (twice) explaining it?  The email gives the car details, reg number and colour, and tells you to meet them at the 2nd road.

Did they really change things and send you an email saying to meet you at the meeting point inside?

When I arrived mid-September, they were back inside again from my previous tip back in June.

My friend arrived a few days after me and also meet his driver inside by the door 3 area. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On 25/09/2022 at 17:07, BuckDefiant said:

Ignoring onhunglo's defense, yeah, and it bothered me a little. I've booked Nam five times in past five weeks and once I'm pretty sure my driver was a ladyboy on trip #4.

A belated response to this post:

I checked with Nam and she confirmed very definitely that all her drivers are ladies. Some of them may have different sexual preferences in their personal lives, but all are ladies. Nam does not employ ladyboys!

2 hours ago, Drew57 said:

I arrived last night at 8pm , I went to my meeting point as directed , found my wife waiting but where is my driver? Waited waited waited, went for a walk inside to see if I could find her with my name on the sign...nupe...25 minutes of waiting, I asked my wife to call her..Nupui answers...where are you my wifi e asks ?.....Im OUTSIDE waiting in car for you...WTF ..we go outside there she is waving at us..I said your suppose to be INSIDE with my name on the sign ..I  didn't get a reply or sorry ....I was pissed .....so today I will let Nam know what happened.....and Nupui missed out on her 200b tip..

Under Covid, for quite a while she had to adjust her pick up system to comply with Covid rules, drivers waiting for passengers inside was seen as a health problem and she switched to pick ups outside. At the time, so few arriving passengers that it wasn't a problem. But after Covid was more or less declared over, the outside pick up became very difficult because of congestion outside, taxis are not allowed to wait outside anymore, so they changed back to inside pick up at meeting point.

I assume that either your driver has not driven for Nam for a while, or that she simply forgot that the pick up mode has changed, simply human error. I am sorry you were on the receiving end of this error. I suppose that is why she included the drivers phone number, in case of confusion, missed contacts..

I'll pass this on to Nam, she may need to send out a general reminder to her drivers.
Thank you for pointing this out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello Mr Drew .

Your driver for tomorrow pick up is Nupui. 

Please look for her with your name "Drew Dxxxxxx"

At Meeting point near the Exit 3. 

It is same Level from immigration and pick-up Bag. 

You don't have to go up or down. (LEVEL 2)(Arrival Level) 

Her phone number is 062-614-5351 

Or +6662-614-5351 

Any problems please let me know.

Thank you very much.

Nam

2 hours ago, mattmoore1965x said:

Yes

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Drew57 said:

Yes

Nam's drivers are always there waiting way before your flight even lands, I would have just called right away rather than wait 25 minutes but hindsight is 20/20. Like @Encorasays, seems like the driver was misinformed of the current process. 

4 hours ago, Drew57 said:

You didn't have a phone to call or text the whatsapp she gave you? Any problems just message Nam on Line.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

You didn't have a phone to call or text the whatsapp she gave you? Any problems just message Nam on Line.

He said his wife called, so yes he did have a phone.   But also begs the question, why not call a bit earlier than the alleged 25 minutes.  

(I'm sure he felt good not giving a tip🤨)

18 minutes ago, thainet said:

He said his wife called, so yes he did have a phone.   But also begs the question, why not call a bit earlier than the alleged 25 minutes

Agreed. The story also sits poorly with me as I know Nupui who has driven me here and there countless times and is an angel behind the wheel. I'll make up for the missed tip next time. For what little it's worth, last time she picked me up at the airport, it was a drive by affair outside (which was standard procedure then.) So I reckon it is indeed some sort of internal communication failure. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png