IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

55 minutes ago, OKAY said:

I'd think paying at the airport for an unmarked taxi is tempting fate. 

@Encora, do you know if this is a problem?   On one occasion the driver accompanied me into the terminal from the car park and I gave her the payment inside the terminal.   On the last trip she used the drop-off lane and did not park the car,  so I paid there.  The driver did not appear concerned about this.

Do you know if there have been any difficulties?  Nobody seems to complain on the inbound trip when the drivers wait at the meeting point with my name on a card.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I have been asked a couple of times to pay before arriving at the airport. Not certain if it can really cause a problem for the driver to be seen being paid, but, since it is easy enough to pay before arrival, or discretely pay while still in the car, I am happy to do that!

I tip 100 on a 1000 baht ride. They seem happy. I am happy. Everyone is happy. I never discuss money during my ride. After I get my bags, I pay. Never an issue. People need to stop comparing to their home countries. Understand the minimum wage in Thailand and use that as a reference point.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hioctane said:

I tip 100 on a 1000 baht ride. They seem happy. I am happy. Everyone is happy. I never discuss money during my ride. After I get my bags, I pay. Never an issue. People need to stop comparing to their home countries. Understand the minimum wage in Thailand and use that as a reference point.

most sensible post regarding comparisons that's why prices are rising in LOS , 

Received my email back within a few hours.

2nd trip with Nam , quick, reliable and professional dealing with her team ..

• Like 2

Tried to book with Nam Pattaya- BKK tonight and he had nothing available. Booked with an alternative instead and the driver (male) turned up smashed out of his head. “I not drink Spirits” he managed to slur 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Tried to book with Nam Pattaya- BKK tonight and he had nothing available. Booked with an alternative instead and the driver (male) turned up smashed out of his head. “I not drink Spirits” he managed to slur 

Appears as you are not familiar with the business model Nam ( who is a lady) and other similar companies are operating and you cant expect vacant drivers with an hour's notice. If you want to secure a cheap,safe ride; book a few days ahead. 

30 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Appears as you are not familiar with the business model Nam ( who is a lady) and other similar companies are operating and you cant expect vacant drivers with an hour's notice. If you want to secure a cheap,safe ride; book a few days ahead. 

I know full well how Nam works thanks, known her for years 

11 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

I know full well how Nam works thanks, known her for years 

Sorry for you it didn't work out but its a huge credit to Nam that not even long time, repeated customer aren't able to push the envelope. 

11 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Sorry for you it didn't work out but its a huge credit to Nam that not even long time, repeated customer aren't able to push the envelope. 

What?

10 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

What?

As I read your installment you tried to book a taxi to BKK with very short notice. Nam didn't have a vacant drivers and you had to book with other company. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that in my book is a credit to Nam; she serves all customer equally

I have to admit as my trip is only a month away and as previous posts, yes, I tried to book early despite a reassurance from Encora I am now worried I will not be met at Swampy.

There appeared to be a problem with my email address but despite giving alternative address direct to namsladydrivers still no contact from Nams.

First time I have tried to use them, always used Mr T in the past, now regretting following a PA recommendation that has not worked for me.

12 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

that has not worked for me.

For me on the other hand it has worked flawlessly, booked for Nov2 reply was prompt with notice a follow up to come with drivers pic & car number.

Maybe I'm more handsome than you😇

www.sugarcanemafia.com

7 minutes ago, Ah dinnae ken said:

For me on the other hand it has worked flawlessly, booked for Nov2 reply was prompt with notice a follow up to come with drivers pic & car number.

Maybe I'm more handsome than you😇

Maybe it's because I'm Scottish.

@Mr.xu  @mediaanytime

This is a business thread for Nams taxi, any discussion of other businesses is not allowed, your posts have been removed.

21 hours ago, Harry Brown said:

@Mr.xu  @mediaanytime

This is a business thread for Nams taxi, any discussion of other businesses is not allowed, your posts have been removed.

Since they both joined at the same time and both have just 4 posts, theres a good chance they are the same person, possibly related to a rival taxi business? 🤔

Can anyone answer normally how long it takes to get a reply? Sent an email earlier today and have not heard back from them. I'm afraid it could be one of those things were your email gets lost.

28 minutes ago, Hunterz said:

Can anyone answer normally how long it takes to get a reply? Sent an email earlier today and have not heard back from them. I'm afraid it could be one of those things were your email gets lost.

I usually get a reply on the same day, in late afternoon/early evening. The "email got lost" issue you might have read about earlier in this thread was a user error. He added a punctuation to the email adress, thus sending to an invalid address.

Edited by Dingo Brax
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hunterz said:

I got mine in 24 hrs the other day 

1 hour ago, Hunterz said:

Did you check your 'junk mail" folder?

Did you check that your spelling of the email you used?

• Thanks 2

Sent my request for a pick up from the airport for next week at 14:30 on the 4th October....all confirmed by 18:00 same day. Am happy with that sort of service. Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hunterz said:

Can anyone answer normally how long it takes to get a reply? Sent an email earlier today and have not heard back from them.

Remember to make allowance for time difference. Daytime in Canada may be night in SE Asia, e.g. Google says:

Toronto is behind Bangkok by
11 hours
Edited by Bonkabit