IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

On 20/12/2022 at 22:39, bangna said:

I had the opposite problem. Some twat read my name sign and claimed my taxi as his. It wasn't Nams this time but another provider. Once I contacted the provider, the taxi came back to BKK and deposited the twat with his luggage and I got in.

Shows that twats are not restricted to drivers.

should've dropped him off in the middle of issan

I've been using Nam for years for all my airport pick ups and longer trips to Hua Hin and Koh Chang. Never had a single issue.

I've learnt that she has stopped offering the longer trips so I'm struggling for my preferred door to door service, Pattaya to Koh Chang, for my next trip.

I doubt finding an alternative to Koh Chang ferry will be a problem but can anyone recommend someone offering door to door i.e. coming on the ferry (as Nam offered)?

7 minutes ago, BlooBell said:

I doubt finding an alternative to Koh Chang ferry will be a problem but can anyone recommend someone offering door to door i.e. coming on the ferry (as Nam offered)?

cherry taxi does this (or at least used to do it). iirc it's 3500 thb + pay for ferry for the passengers (something like 50thb / person or so). 

• Like 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

30 minutes ago, petehoax said:

cherry taxi does this (or at least used to do it). iirc it's 3500 thb + pay for ferry for the passengers (something like 50thb / person or so). 

Cheers pete.

Will have a look 

Hey Guys,

I’ve used Nam once in 2017- BKK airport to my hotel on Buakhao. She charged me 1200 baht tolls included.

Im going to be booking her for my end of January arrival. What’s her current rates?

Also is this contact email still accurate? 
[email protected]

Thanks guys 🙏🏼

2 minutes ago, mtlmuaythai said:

Hey Guys,

I’ve used Nam once in 2017- BKK airport to my hotel on Buakhao. She charged me 1200 baht tolls included.

Im going to be booking her for my end of January arrival. What’s her current rates?

[email protected]

Thanks guys 🙏🏼

1200THB if you want same ride

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mtlmuaythai said:

[email protected]

I think you can still get through on that email address but now usually uses

[email protected]

Prices are now from Baht1,000 upward depending on the type of car you choose.  I have found the small sedan more than adequate for one person and that costs Baht1,000, Medium Sedan Baht1,200 and more again for a bigger car!  Check the website for full details.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kandinski said:

1200THB if you want same ride

Prices quoted last week when I booked for 12 January...

1000 baht for small sedan (Vios, Altis or similar)
1-3 passengers.
1 large suitcases. Or 3 small suitcase.

1200 baht for large sedan (Camry or similar)
1-3 passengers.
1-2 large suitcases.

And 1400 baht for SUV ( Fortuner or similar)
1-4 passengers
1-4 large suitcases.

And yes, [email protected] is still correct.

Edited by Abracadabra
  • Like 2

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

3 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

Prices quoted last week when I booked for 12 January...

1000 baht for small sedan (Vios, Altis or similar)
1-3 passengers.
1 large suitcases. Or 3 small suitcase.

1200 baht for large sedan (Camry or similar)
1-3 passengers.
1-2 large suitcases.

And 1400 baht for SUV ( Fortuner or similar)
1-4 passengers
1-4 large suitcases.

And yes, [email protected] is still correct.

All those prices include tolls I presume?

200 baht on top of a 1000/1200 fare would be a fair tip?

thanks for the replies guys

1 hour ago, mtlmuaythai said:

All those prices include tolls I presume?

200 baht on top of a 1000/1200 fare would be a fair tip?

thanks for the replies guys

Yes and yes... it's including toll and I usually give a 200 baht tip myself which is always appreciated.

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

Had another carefree, easy drive down from BKK airport to Pattaya yesterday with Tammy from Nam’s. 
One thing I like that Nam does is email you the drivers number, I somehow walked right past her to the meeting spot, a quick call and she found me (it was pretty busy at that meeting spot). 

Just used nam from airport yesterday to pattaya. Waiting with sign. All great. The ladies driving skill was second to none as she weeved in and out of a bad traffic situation along the freeway (overturned car)

1000 baht and I gave 300 baht tip

Another recommendation for Nam’s taxis.  This was for a journey from BKK to Pattaya.  The booking process via email was quick and painless. The lady driver (whose name I can’t recall) was waiting when I exited the airport and she was very friendly and spoke good English. Journey took around an hour I think.

On 22/12/2022 at 13:28, BlooBell said:

've learnt that she has stopped offering the longer trips so I'm struggling for my preferred door to door service, Pattaya to Koh Chang, for my next trip.

Not private taxi but larger minibus, hotel to hotel, is pretty common and costs 600B to 850B depending on the travel Agent's cut. Did it first of November and painless. All the travel agents can set you up. 

Another painless pickup from the airport, Nu Pui was my driver. The airport was crazy busy so she wasn't able to get in the car park so I WhatsApp'Ed her and she met me outside. A nice touch all Nam's drivers give is having a free bottle of water waiting for you. 

Get in early for bookings lads. I tried yesterday to book for Jan 26th (BKK airport to Sukhumvit) and they’re fully booked that day. 

I’ll have to try an alternative. Shame because I’ve used Nam’s taxis in the past and always been happy with the service. 

Thanks for the info @Encora It’s an excellent service, so I was disappointed not to get a booking, but it’s fair enough and understandable.

I’ll need a taxi to Pattaya from Bangkok (and back again) once I finally work out my itinerary so I’ll try Nam again for those. 

Just booked 3 transfers BKK-Pattaya and vice-versa for late January - February.  Confirmed with no problem.  I look forward to continued great service from Nam’s team.

• Like 3

On 22/12/2022 at 22:55, mtlmuaythai said:

Hey Guys,

[email protected]

Thanks guys 🙏🏼

As of last week, rate from Pattaya to BKK airport as well as BKK airport to Pattaya is 1000b incl toll, water and candies, also can use the wifi hotspot of the driver. Price for Sedan., I think for SUV is 1200.

Always very punctual, pick up at airport with a sign showing your name.

Nam prefers email booking and responds within a few hrs.

This email address is correct.

I tip 200b, which I believe is appropriate.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, AdventureLad said:

Get in early for bookings lads. I tried yesterday to book for Jan 26th (BKK airport to Sukhumvit) and they’re fully booked that day. 

I’ll have to try an alternative. Shame because I’ve used Nam’s taxis in the past and always been happy with the service. 

You might be as well getting the train from the airport and connect to the Sky train perhaps?