IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

12 hours ago, petehoax said:

airport has free wifi. 

but generally: they tell you where they will meet you, you go there, you meet them. 

Yes, I've done that a few times outside, over the past couple-of-years, since they had to stop meeting you with-a-sign-board at Arrivals.

It helps tremendously that (with Nam's service) you've already had an email, with picture of the driver and car to look for, beforehand.

12 hours ago, petehoax said:

airport has free wifi. .......

Registration required or open ?

8 hours ago, Edge said:

Registration required or open ?

iirc you need to give them a phone number for registration, but you can enter whatever value you want and there's no confirmation step required. so just enter 123456789. 

they have several open wifis, iirc i normally use the true free wifi one. (just when i arrive until i'm through immigration and buy a sim card)

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Had another good ride with one of Nam's crew. 1300 for a compact car which turned out to be a Fortuner. Soi Diana to in-town BKK in 1:45 flat. Very accommodating for a noon hotel pickup when I'd requested early in the previous afternoon.

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

Went to Koh Samet over the Buddha day period with 2 other BM's and partners. Miss JJ was our driver in a SUV. Arrived both ends of the trip on time, professional, courteous, good driving skills and a clean vehicle. Would recommend for sure. Not a bad looker either.

JJ.jpg

image.png

I used them friday evening, bkk airport to pattaya. I was waiting at area 3 as instructed, but the driver was at area 4 (Or the other way around, can't remember). A friendly taxi driver called the lady and asked where she was. I waited 20 mins outside for her due to that hiccup. 

The driving - keeping her phone on her knee was not comforting to me. There were a few sneaky texts along the journey and of course her eyes go down to her knee and we consequently lane-wander. Not so impressed with that and it prevented me from relaxing and closing my eyes after a long journey ...which is why i usually get the big bus.

1200 baht for medium sized car - toyota camry

8 minutes ago, Ah dinnae ken said:

I hope you emailed your concerns about the drivers phone habits. It is not about getting the driver in trouble but allowing Nam a chance to correct the behaviour which reflects badly on her reputation

No ...but thats a fair point. Was in two minds just writing the post. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ah dinnae ken said:

I hope you emailed your concerns about the drivers phone habits. It is not about getting the driver in trouble but allowing Nam a chance to correct the behaviour which reflects badly on her reputation

Very good point. Having used Nam for many years I know she would not be happy about the phone use while driving.
She has standards and if they drop so does her reputation and custom. A carefully worded email would probably benefit all parties.

I totally agree with the advice of the previous posters, please let Nam know via an email or messenger post, the only way Nam can keep her quality control is if we give her feedback. The driver will not get sacked if this is her first report, but maybe if she is a repeat offender.

fyi I have just booked a taxi from Nam (BKK-Pattaya) some 12 days in advance of arriving.

No issues with the early nature of the booking.

I used Nams for my last trip. Everything was perfect, I even had a last minute change as I was stuck in London for a day.

"Jakjan" was there waiting right where I was told she would be and we had a nice ride to Pattaya, even stopped for ice coffee's and a nice chat.

My return driver was "Dream" Arrived right on time and no issues. Offered to stop anywhere on the way if there was anything I needed. 

A  side note, I woud have "Dated" "Dream" very pretty and friendly lady.

I will certainly book Nams again for my next trip.

Edited by DINO212

"If there are no Thai Bar Girls in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

Thanks for the update @Encora please let her know her loyal customers wish (and expect) her a quick and full recovery.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Chayna must still be working hard, she confirmed my booking within a few hours today. 🙏

7 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

Chayna must still be working hard, she confirmed my booking within a few hours today. 🙏

Chanya does most of the first reply by email to enquiries and requests for booking, but currently only works fixed limited hours. Outside those hours, Nam replies.

when bookings have been confirmed, the day before the ride, Nam allocates rides to drivers, including trying to fit airport rides with a return trip for the driver if at all possible, then informs the customer of the name of the driver and location to meet. That can take a lot of time and juggling. Right now, with bad cough, headache, sore eyes and runny nose, she’s struggling to keep up. But she’s a soldier, refuses to give up…..

then, with any late night pick ups, she makes sure she wakes up to check whether the driver is awake and on her way, which affects her sleep…

Wishing Nam a speedy recovery!

Thanks for the update on Nam.

I will be arriving in September and plan to book her Taxi services for the Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya trip. Also hoping to be able to use the driver for to take me around Pattaya for the getting set-up and room supplies.

grit

Yeah tried Nam taxi for first and amazed how professional they were

very quick response and helpful and all the details were send upfront already 

this lady drivers were also very skill full and friendly, ask me I’m hungry or not, if need went to eat first 

also very punctual and professional 

here after for all my future trip, I use nam taxi only…. Cheers

First time using Nam's service this past weekend, a great experience!

I was assigned Anny in a Toyota Camry, receiving the picture of Anny and the car the day before is very nice.  To my surprise, Anny was already at the Areca Lodge when I was checking out (about 30 minutes before the time booked).  She is soft spoken and kind, and a very smooth and efficient driver.  The car was nice with the passenger seat pulled all the way up, so plenty of leg room.  She had water and a eurocake in the car as well.  All nice touches, I will gladly use Nams again for the next trip!   :Good_Job:

Nice to hear so many BM's getting good experience with Nam's taxi, I think I have tried to book too far in advance as apparently having been sent 2 confirmations I have received neither.

Encora interceded with my problem asking if I had a email problem as Nam had forwarded my email replies to him however despite my request in a personal message he has not been able to contact me given 2 other email addresses? I did many checks and now have had a tech check(at some expense) which has cleared my email trail.

I realise there was some criticism about trying to book so far in advance(Nov) and I understand they have been busy and had health/staff problems but I have for 28 previous trips had no problem using Mr T and booking well in advance of my trips so I will be going back to him, very disappointing as I was trying to support a forum recommendation and I will admit trying to save a few baht the tech check certainly wiped that out.

Endorses "stick with what you know works".