Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

On 12/12/2018 at 00:02, Candy77 said:

Good you remember the names. Otherwise all that I read hear in this thread are Nam’s drivers. I’m curious shouldn’t we have specific driver recommendations? Or a way to recognize good drivers so that they get better rosters?

I am a frequent user of Nam's service. I always ask for a driver called Yuri. Never had a bad experience with her.

image.png

On 06/12/2018 at 18:39, forcebwithu said:

@Encora, Since you're in contact with Nam, perhaps you could pass on a suggestion to her.

I had a pickup at DMK, and while the driver was quite good about calling me and letting me know she was in her car and would pick me up outside door 3, due to the noise around me and my hearing loss I couldn't quite make out what color car she said she was driving. In the end it wasn't a problem as after once false, are you my driver I found her. My suggestion would be for the driver to place a sign card with the pickup's name either on the front windscreen or side passenger window. That way there would be no confusion as to what car to go to.

I was going to make the suggestion next time I booked with her, but figured if you could do it sooner it might help other customers in a similar situation.

They do have to be careful when picking up or dropping off passengers, they can be pinched by the local authorities at the airport. They try to keep a low profile at the pickup/dropoff areas. Always best to pay before you exit the car.

• Like 2

image.png

5 hours ago, Jebb said:

They do have to be careful when picking up or dropping off passengers, they can be pinched by the local authorities at the airport. They try to keep a low profile at the pickup/dropoff areas. Always best to pay before you exit the car.

Excellent suggestion -- I gotta remember to have the money out and available next time

11 hours ago, vimto66 said:

The taxi drivers are often early when you`ve booked them for an airport run, its good that they do this, although i wish Thais in general followed these same good habits!

A trip a couple of months Nam's driver picked me up at DMK for a late evening arrival. As the flight was a few minutes late I asked her if she had been waiting long. Was shocked when she told me she been there since 8 in the morning. Asked if she got the time wrong for my arrival, but no she just found it more economical to wait near DMK after a morning drop off there.

For the pickups from my house in Pattaya, the drivers have been consistently early by a half hour to an hour. I appreciate that as it's one less thing to stress about when traveling, wondering if the driver is going to be there at the appointed time. It's also the reason I and my friends switch to Nam after many years with another service. The other service driver's became more unreliable in terms of making pickup times, and also safety on the road.

Just now, forcebwithu said:

For the pickups from my house in Pattaya, the drivers have been consistently early by a half hour to an hour. I appreciate that as it's one less thing to stress about when traveling, wondering if the driver is going to be there at the appointed time. ......

My experiences are similar. The only time I ever waited (out of 30 pickups) was because the hotel staff jacked the driver around in Bangkok.

9 hours ago, Jebb said:

So I take it they are a 'ride sharing company'...  as I was told by the first driver something to the effect of keeping the low profile. 

Would this have a detrimental affect on their insurance cover in an accident? Would you still be covered for medical/hospital? I assume that a regular taxi would have cover, but of course TIT, 

Your Thai girlfriend was merely giving you a lift?

image.png

On 04/12/2018 at 20:42, Encora said:

Another factor are special occasions, mainly some holidays that the ladies want to be with their families, Songkran, New Years', Mothers day and Loy Kratong, many drivers especially women with children will go home and not be available for work.

I posed the questions :
"Would it be workable to put a premium on the price during such special holidays?" 

and 
"Would it be helpful to raise the price for longer journeys to Hua Hin, Koh Chang etc during high season?"

Have not received an answer on that yet.

What do you guys think about those two questions?

Didn't see if anyone else answered this but asking open ended questions makes the answers hard to do.

Looking at western rule of thumb, to get employees to work holiday's and overtime normally means overtime =1.5 X and holiday 2.0 X.

So, assuming Bangkok to Pattaya , normally 1500Bht, are you suggesting rates might need to be between 2250 and 3000 Bht to get the drivers to give up their family time?

My first guess is that if it is explained in that manner, 2250 isn't out of line and I would pay that.  3000 and it may cause others to use a different service.

Does Nam provide transfer from Pattaya to Utapao airport? if not can someone recommend a driver that does.  Thanks.

4 hours ago, Canuckdave said:

Does Nam provide transfer from Pattaya to Utapao airport? if not can someone recommend a driver that does.  Thanks.

I asked her last Jan but she couldn't due to taxi mafia operating out of UTP. You'll need to ask her things may have changed.

Re Special holiday rates:   
She seems reluctant to formalise those, maybe she will be more willing to discuss this after the current holiday period. Some of her drivers want to go home already tomorrow, especially of course those with homes far away, like NongKai, because everyone knows that the traffic will be hotting up rapidly from today onward.

I asked her for a booking to take two friends of mine tomorrow afternoon from Bang Saray to Bangkok old city, Rattanakosin Island. Often drivers hate going there, because congestion there can be terrible on a good day  and it is way further, other end of BKK. Her Usual rate for BS (BS is half an hour South of Pattaya on a good day) to Suvarnabhumi is 1700, she asked 2500 for this trip which will take at least an hour longer, and won't have any returns from that part of BKK. I thought that under the circumstances that was a reasonable price.

If you have an unusual destination, or an urgent need for a ride, offer to pay more then her listed prices during the holidays. Holidays start today, end maybe on Jan 3..., but TIT!

I may ly low for a few days, wishing all of you a Happy New Year, and for those of you who made it to Pattaya, have a great time!

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 23:09, Pabloypablo said:
  On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:42, Encora said:

Another factor are special occasions, mainly some holidays that the ladies want to be with their families, Songkran, New Years', Mothers day and Loy Kratong, many drivers especially women with children will go home and not be available for work.

I posed the questions :
"Would it be workable to put a premium on the price during such special holidays?" 

My only concern is if she did raise prices and the other service don't, could cost her a few bookings, however I would still use her if she did.

I just used Nam's again for the ride back to the airport on Christmas night (25th). Traffic was bad in Pattaya that night.

Nam's driver got caught up in it on the way to the hotel, the driver, Mint called the hotel and told them she was running a little late and to let me know. She arrive about 5 minutes past my pick-up time.

It took about 30 minutes to get from the Areca hotel on Soi Diana to the motorway.

She got tipped appropriately for her safe driving and patients with the traffic and the fact it was Christmas night.

LeoTex

• Like 2

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

My friend had a massive problem yesterday. He had a very big family alert in his home contry and no working email. I helped him out and asked for a taxi to Swampy asap from Nam. "Old" reliable Miss Yuri come help and got hom to the airport. He is now home but he not come in time. His father passed away already. RIP but Nam taxi service was fast and reliable as ever. Thank you for very fast reply.

On 04/01/2019 at 11:59, jpmelville said:

My friend had a massive problem yesterday. He had a very big family alert in his home contry and no working email. I helped him out and asked for a taxi to Swampy asap from Nam. "Old" reliable Miss Yuri come help and got hom to the airport. He is now home but he not come in time. His father passed away already. RIP but Nam taxi service was fast and reliable as ever. Thank you for very fast reply.

That's one of my biggest fears whenever I'm in Pats or out of the country, my parents are up there in age. I can't imagine what your friend had to go through on his journey back home. My condolences to your friend, may his father Rest in Peace.

//

My favorite thread so far as a new member of the tribe. Helping out a woman who shows initiative, and has been able to transcend a tough survival to feed her kids and family into becoming  small business owner is outstanding. Looking at the website with the group photo of her and her drivers after reading the thread was great. Kudos to Nam, and a big thumbs up to all the PA duders who have helped her make it happen.

I will be using Nam's service four times over my upcoming trip (I fly out tomorrow) and I have been impressed and happy with it since I first used it a few years ago.  An easy go to option.

On 05/01/2019 at 05:59, jpmelville said:

Yuri.....my favorite driver. She is a treasure.

• Like 2

image.png

So a few days ago I contacted Nams taxi to book for my next next trip in march. Got a reply about 1 hour later confirming the arrangement. I then get a second e mail about 1 hour after that asking me to confirm my flight number. Turns out I had transposed 2 of the numbers thus creating a non existent flight number. Good to know they double check your info so the driver has all  the info they need!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jebb said:

Yuri.....my favorite driver. She is a treasure.

Yes she is very nice indeed, but only if my TGF is not around. If she is around they blaablaablaa for hours as they are from the same province. One time we went to the Swampy very early in the morning like 4am. I tried to sleep but those two did not shut up during the whole journey, so I could not sleep. :)

• Haha 2

Can someone please give me Nam's current contact. I tried her LINE account a week ago with no reply