IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Thanks guys for the feedback. As I said before, we need the bad as well as the good.

If Gibson and Candy can PM me the date and time of their requested pick up, OR their name or email address, I can pass this on to Nam and she can speak to her drivers in question to try and make sure this is handled better next time.

Taptap, same thing, if you PM me the date and time of your return flight, or your email address, I will pass it on, and Nam will deal with your driver. from what you describe, this is not acceptable behaviour at all, and Nam would be appalled.

We occasionally get feedback like this, and I know she has dropped a few drivers off her list of drivers for such reasons.

But can only do anything if we know about it, so keep the feedback flowing please!

Edited by Encora
added more info

7 hours ago, Encora said:

What do you guys think about those two questions?

Well as no one else has answered ...

"Would it be workable to put a premium on the price during such special holidays?" 

I would likely look elsewhere; there is already a premium for her service which I'm alright with at the moment. She wisely backtracked on the increase when tolls kicked in, I would say she'd get the same negative reaction if she did this.

"Would it be helpful to raise the price for longer journeys to Hua Hin, Koh Chang etc during high season?"

Longer trips I hire a car so can't say I've paid much attention to her prices for these but same deal above if she is higher than the competition.

^ Feedback from a customer who's used her service about 12 times in the past 14 months or so and. if I can get a flight, about to book her again for next week.

I posed the questions :
"Would it be workable to put a premium on the price during such special holidays?" 

and 
"Would it be helpful to raise the price for longer journeys to Hua Hin, Koh Chang etc during high season?"

Have not received an answer on that yet.

I’ve used Nam for 3 of my last 4 airport return trips and for a return trip to Bangkok, so 8 taxi journeys.

Last trip I tried Thai Limo as I was using them for fast track as BFS had stopped doing it. 

Honestly, I’d be very unlikely to use Nam if she charged more. It already irks a little that she’s the only taxi that charges more to/from Jomtien than Pattaya.

If I’m booking the fast track etc with Thai Limo then there’s not much difference in the price they charge for taxi and what Nam charges, and it’s slightly less hassle. If she charged more then it wouldn’t be worth booking with her.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

It is interesting to hear the good with the bad.  My own experiences with Nam(Swampy and DMK to and from Pattaya multiple times) have been nothing short of professional.  I appreciate that she wants all specifics and if anything seems to over-communicate.  While I do not ask/want extras like stops/sim cards etc, I try to let her know when I am at immigration(first off plane with only carryon) and how long line looks(she is very prompt at returning emails) and usually have 2 girls - one with sign and my name on it that takes me right to driver.  I appreciate that there is not much conversation on trips, ride is relaxing, and music played is often of relaxing kind that great after long flight.  

Last year did actually arrive early in morn at DMK and for whatever reason thought it may be smart to save what turned out to be maybe 800b by taking couple buses/moto-taxi and for extra 2-3hrs this took there better ways to "save" that amount of money.  

Quick question...does anyone know if Nams taxi service can be used anytime of day or night? I haven’t booked my plane ticket for my next trip but I’m considering a flight that arrives in bkk 1030 pm and heading straight to pattaya if it’s doable at that time of night. Used Nams service before and was pretty happy with the service.

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

To clarify my question about higher fares during holidays and for long trips in high season:

1. It was MY question, not Nam's. Nam tries to keep prices as low as she can keep them.

2. it only concerned special holiday and high season long trips. 

I was trying to find out if, in case it is impossible to find a driver in those two situations, simply because the drivers choose not to accept the price Nam offers, would you be willing to pay a higher price for that trip if that would enable her to get you a driver?

Like for instance, at New Years, when many of the ladies want to go home to their family, so when demand for drivers is higher then supply, would you be willing to say "OK, I am happy to pay a premium of x00 baht if it secures me a driver I otherwise can't get"?

I am testing if a higher pruce in that situation would entice some drivers to work those days.

Or, if in High season, nobody wants to drive to Chantaburi or Hua Hin or Koh Chang pier for the well researched) prices Nam posted on her website, would you say "OK, I understand the economics of the issue, am happy to offer an extra Y00 baht since I know she won't have  a return journey"

I am simply testing the market, seeing if by offering an extra incentive, we could find drivers that otherwise would not be there. 
Basically prompted by a previous poster, who asked "Why did she tell me she cannot take me to Chantaburi".

If the feedback here says "No", then we would know that is not a possible answer to the problem.

5 minutes ago, wallywest said:

Quick question...does anyone know if Nams Taxi service can be used anytime of day or night? I haven’t booked my plane ticket for my next trip but I’m considering a flight that arrives in bkk 1030 pm and heading straight to pattaya if it’s doable at that time of night. Used Nams service before and was pretty happy with the service.

No problem, she can deal with any time around the clock. In fact, some drivers love a late night pick up, the road is empty, easy quick trip home...

One of her drivers picked up my wife recently from a 1.20 AM arrival, dropped her off at 3.30 AM, said it was an empty road...

Edited by Encora
added info

After three decades of going from the Airport to Pattaya and back, you can only imagine how many tales, and eye roll moments I have collected over the years,  of what some drivers have done on that journey.

But I have had none to add to the list since I started using Nams Taxis three years ago.

Easily the most professional taxi service I have ever used in Thailand.

Long may it last.

Quick question...does anyone know if Nams Taxi service can be used anytime of day or night? I haven’t booked my plane ticket for my next trip but I’m considering a flight that arrives in bkk 1030 pm and heading straight to pattaya if it’s doable at that time of night. Used Nams service before and was pretty happy with the service.

Her service is 24/7/365. I've used her excellent service 8 times from BKK airport to Pattaya, and my flights never arrive much before midnight.

Another thing which is good about Nam Taxi is booking a driver for a day or half day.  Last trip I did this in both Pattaya and Bangkok.  It was not expensive and to have someone who knows the area driving you around so you can visit many places without all the headaches is well worth it. 

Also since she has so many drivers, last minute day or half day bookings are not a problem.  I email at 20:00 for a day driver in Pattaya the next day, no problems at all.

Joker...

19 hours ago, Encora said:

Candy can PM me the date and time of their requested pick up, OR their name or email address, I can pass this on to Nam and she can speak to her drivers in question to try and make sure this is handled better next time.

I talked to Nam on Line today morning and she asked what was the problem with the airport driver. I told her and she was mad with her. She said I should have told her then itself and she would’ve fixed it. Problem is, that’s not really me.

And then today morning for my Bangkok taxi I gor myself delayed. This driver was very patient though. Appreciate that and have requested her to send this driver only for tomorrows trip back to Pattaya.

Edited by Candy77
  • Like 2

@Encora, Since you're in contact with Nam, perhaps you could pass on a suggestion to her.

I had a pickup at DMK, and while the driver was quite good about calling me and letting me know she was in her car and would pick me up outside door 3, due to the noise around me and my hearing loss I couldn't quite make out what color car she said she was driving. In the end it wasn't a problem as after once false, are you my driver I found her. My suggestion would be for the driver to place a sign card with the pickup's name either on the front windscreen or side passenger window. That way there would be no confusion as to what car to go to.

I was going to make the suggestion next time I booked with her, but figured if you could do it sooner it might help other customers in a similar situation.

14 hours ago, Encora said:

To clarify my question about higher fares during holidays and for long trips in high season ...

Exactly how I read it and my answers stand.

On 05/12/2018 at 05:42, Encora said:

A trip to Chantaburi is relatively unusual, and will not be able to be paired with a return trip. Without a return trip, it is less cost effective for the drivers. In busy times, when there are plenty of requests for rides with an almost guaranteed return trip, such as a ride to the airport, or to Bangkok Sukhumvit or Sathorn areas, the drivers will prefer to take those over a trip to Chantaburi.

(...)

I posed the questions :

and 

Have not received an answer on that yet.

Hi Encora,

Thanks so much for your extensive answer to my message. I hope that it was not taken as criticism, I just wished that Nam or one of her drivers could take me to Chanthaburi this time. It's a first for me to go there, as I usually go to Pattaya. And I have always been happy with the driver (usually Milk for some reason) who drove me to Pattaya, which was my main point for posting the message and leaving some feedback on this board.

I certainly understand the reasoning that Chanthaburi would be relatively unusual and less popular for her drivers (although it's more or less on the way to Koh Chang pier, which is on her list of services).

To answer your questions: I would certainly allow her to set her own (premium) price, based on driver availability, high/low season, etc. She lists "Koh Chang Pier" for 3.000 Baht on her website, but I intentionally asked what the fare would be in my request and didn't mention it. To be honest, I think her rates for such destinations are too cheap. I would have happily accepted a 4.000/4.500 Baht fare. This is what other companies are quoting me, and I can certainly understand that the car might have to return empty.

Price wise I understand that she needs to be competitive. But I would much rather spend my money on her company which I know and trust. And by the way, that offer still stands, as I didn't book yet (will do that probably this weekend).

Maybe on her "services" page, she could just put an "ask me" remark there for these more unusual destinations, instead of quoting an actual price. That way, there are no expectations on the part of customers, and she can quote her price accordingly.

And of course, if all her drivers are already busy and have booked better rides that make them more money, I'm just happy that her company is doing well. Maybe next time.

Thanks again!

Just to add to this thread, I have been using Nam's taxi service for 2-3 years now and have never had a bad experience with any of the drivers. Always stick to normal driving speeds, no vomit-inducing lane changes and all that jazz. A nice bottle of water for the trip included, clean cars and last time some very good music for the short trip to Pattaya.

And ofcourse very friendly drivers! 

Requested another taxi literally 5 minutes ago for BKK -> Pattaya later this month.

:10of10Score:

It used to be my job to design and implement Customer Service for large organisations and two of the biggest rules were:

- make as few mistakes as possible
- when you do make a mistake, “fess up & fix fast”

We’ve been using Nam for as long as we can remember and it usually goes very well. The very few cock-ups over the years (there was one last week, a simple human error) were dealt with quickly and fixed.

That’s all we can ask for.

The minor skirmishes only one trip were well taken care of during the return trip to Bangkok and now the Swampy drop. All good, a happy customer and advocate is back in the folds.

I always use Nam's when in LOS, I've used her services probably half a dozen times (maybe more, lost track). Great service and the girls always drive at a safe speed, not like the F1 drivers from the other service (won't name names, but I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about).

The funny thing happened to me when I was in town last week, one of her drivers that I didn't know at the time has a twin sister and they both work for Nam (Their names are Milk and Mint).

So I get picked up at my hotel in Pats to be taken to Swampy, at this time I'm assuming it's Milk. I try to shoot the shit with her asking her how her family is and stuff we usually talk about when she drives me to or from Pats. I notice in the rear view mirror that she has a puzzled look on her face or a look of nervousness. She tries to answer my questions but I could tell there was something off. I then ask her if she got a new car (Milk usually drives a white Toyota Camry), again she looks at me like WTF are you talking about. I then ask her if she remembers me and I call her by name, Milk. She starts to laugh and says, "Ohh that my twin sister, my name is Mint". We both had a good laugh and my ride from Pats it Swampy went by in a blink of an eye.

//

On 10/12/2018 at 09:21, impulse325 said:

I always use Nam's when in LOS, I've used her services probably half a dozen times (maybe more, lost track). Great service and the girls always drive at a safe speed, not like the F1 drivers from the other service (won't name names, but I'm sure you all know who I'm talking about).

The funny thing happened to me when I was in town last week, one of her drivers that I didn't know at the time has a twin sister and they both work for Nam (Their names are Milk and Mint).

So I get picked up at my hotel in Pats to be taken to Swampy, at this time I'm assuming it's Milk. I try to shoot the shit with her asking her how her family is and stuff we usually talk about when she drives me to or from Pats. I notice in the rear view mirror that she has a puzzled look on her face or a look of nervousness. She tries to answer my questions but I could tell there was something off. I then ask her if she got a new car (Milk usually drives a white Toyota Camry), again she looks at me like WTF are you talking about. I then ask her if she remembers me and I call her by name, Milk. She starts to laugh and says, "Ohh that my twin sister, my name is Mint". We both had a good laugh and my ride from Pats it Swampy went by in a blink of an eye.

Good you remember the names. Otherwise all that I read hear in this thread are Nam’s drivers. I’m curious shouldn’t we have specific driver recommendations? Or a way to recognize good drivers so that they get better rosters?

I booked two different trips from the airport with Nam in November however I had to cancel them due to a tragic incident that had caused me to cancel my holiday.

Communication was clear and in a timely manner and Nam was understanding when I cancelled.

I will be using Nam early next year when I book a new holiday

• Like 2

I booked two different trips from the airport with Nam in November however I had to cancel them due to a tragic incident that had caused me to cancel my holiday.
Communication was clear and in a timely manner and Nam was understanding when I cancelled.
I will be using Nam early next year when I book a new holiday

Sorry you had to cancel your trip. Best of luck sailing through the storm that’s currently hitting you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taxi ride home: a good looking woman was there early as I was checking out.  Very professional but I took it she didn't want to talk much as she had the music pretty loud in the car.  I must have been tired as I slept a lot of the way there anyway.  She drove moderately, not a snails pace nor Formula 1.

Got there pretty early, over 2 hours before my flight boarded. 

Much better as I didn't have to search for my driver when timing counts in this business, she was right there waiting about 15 minutes early for me, at the front desk. 

I put in my own bags and took them out as she looked to weigh about 100 pounds soaking wet so I figured I'd do it. 

Don't know what these drivers get paid or if they're company cars but it looked like the equivalent to a new Toyota 4Runner that we have on this side of the world.  Wish my vehicle was that nice...

5 hours ago, Gibsons1 said:

Taxi ride home: a good looking woman was there early as I was checking out.  Very professional but I took it she didn't want to talk much as she had the music pretty loud in the car.  I must have been tired as I slept a lot of the way there anyway.  She drove moderately, not a snails pace nor Formula 1.

Got there pretty early, over 2 hours before my flight boarded. 

Much better as I didn't have to search for my driver when timing counts in this business, she was right there waiting about 15 minutes early for me, at the front desk. 

I put in my own bags and took them out as she looked to weigh about 100 pounds soaking wet so I figured I'd do it. 

Don't know what these drivers get paid or if they're company cars but it looked like the equivalent to a new Toyota 4Runner that we have on this side of the world.  Wish my vehicle was that nice...

The taxi drivers are often early when you`ve booked them for an airport run, its good that they do this, although i wish Thais in general followed these same good habits!

Edited by vimto66

3 hours ago, vimto66 said:

The taxi drivers are often early when you`ve booked them for an airport run, its good that they do this, although i wish Thais in general followed these same good habits!

Personally, one of the things I admire most in Thailand is how "ontime" they are.  In fact, have seen multiple instances where they actually get more frustrated when people late than I do.  One of the bigger reasons why I prefer Thailand over place like Philippines is because time actually does matter.  

• Confused 2