Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Was picked up last night, was so confident and relaxed about my driver I slept all the way to Pattaya :)

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Since the board has been down for a while, i am not sure if there are any posts on this thread that may have gone lost in cyberspace.

Please add any feedback about your experiences recently with Nam's Taxi, as I have written before, the only way she can keep up the quality of service you want is by getting your feedback, both the good and the bad.

You can give your feedback here, or by PM to me, or directly by email to Nam.
This can be incidental about a specific ride, a specific driver, or more general suggestions about how service could be improved.

I used Nam on my recent visit. Very happy with the service. Cannot be faulted. 

I even emailed Nam day before leaving on the off chance she may have a car available and true to form i had no problems. Car was waiting.

Wont use any other 

• Like 2

i have used a few different taxi operators  over the years, some good some bad, but generally ok, my only issue was crazy speedy drivers' used NAMS recently, could not fault the lady drivers, punctual and safe drivers,it means a lot to travel in comfort and safety's,so  a big 

fullsizeoutput_450.jpeg

I sent an email last night to see if I could set up a pickup  at the airport.  Now, I know that my trip isn't until May 2019, but I like to have the details done as early as possible.  I like to make and cross things off of a list.

Anyhow, I got a response within a couple of hours asking me for my details and telling me cost etc...

So, I have them picking me up.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Some complement’s due here to Nam. For my December trip I’d booked 4 rides with her between Pattaya and Bangkok apart from the Airport pick and drop. I need to be in Bangkok two days for work and the rest of the trip I’ll be in Pattaya. She confirmed the booking but also wrote that it’s a 3 hour journey both ways between Pattaya and Bangkok Sukhumvit. And was quite supportive when I canceled my plan to come back to Pattaya and go back to Bangkok again next day morning. Instead I’d spend that night in Bangkok. Even if that meant a 3000 Baht damage for her. Now that’s what you’d call ethical business and business prudence. There was an information asymmetry which she could have easily leveraged to earn a few extra bucks, instead she chose to be transparent, lose some money and gain an advocate and loyal customer for life.:ThumbUp6:

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Sylver said:

I take it her email is still [email protected] ?

Yes (see http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/contact)

3 minutes ago, Sylver said:

late I know

That's not late :D Last one I booked was for a 5:00 am pickup to go to the airport; booked around 10 pm night before. As always, no issues and perfect service (although obviously not recommending such short notice!).

• Like 3

My friend who used Nam's services in the beginning of the year booked again around christmas time. I did not have to tell him to do that, he just did. Good work.

• Like 2

I just used Nam's transport service yesterday. Bangkok hotel to Pattaya is 1500 thb. Great job. Good communication. Yes, that is the correct email. 

TGOEA

Very good service, booked her taxi a number of times. Very prompt, good cars and good drivers. Keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Just emailed Nam and got immediate response with clear instructions where to meet, 1400 Baht Swampy to Beach Rd in SUV next week. Will let you know if it all goes smoothly

• Like 3

I just emailed her, I'll post a review if I use her or another method.

Arrived at Swampy 20 minutes late, Immigration was packed with Chinese Tour Groups with a 45 minute wait, so I walked a bit further to the other immigration and was through in 5 mins. Tan from Nam Taxis was waiting at pick up point. Straight into a new looking very clean Toyota SUV to Pattaya for 1400 Baht. Good driver , have asked for her to take me back to Bangkok later in the week. Highly recommended

• Like 2

yesterday with Eva and jet stream  straight through immigration, bags first off, but I was in baggage hall even before carousel announced, landed  30 min early and met by  Poyd around the actual flight eta provided. She must have been by gate before the eta!

Excellent driver, good progress and the full Camry. 

• Like 2

I booked with Nam's Taxi after good reviews were read in this thread and a personal recommendation. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I user her taxi service a number of times between Suvarnabhumi and Pattaya: always safe, reliable and nice.

Unfortunately she cannot help me this time (in two weeks time). Not sure why: destination is Chanthaburi, which is not too far away it seems. Is business so good that she is fully booked?

So I'll have to find someone else this time. No idea who yet, will be interesting.

1 hour ago, woepie said:

I user her taxi service a number of times between Suvarnabhumi and Pattaya: always safe, reliable and nice.

Unfortunately she cannot help me this time (in two weeks time). Not sure why: destination is Chanthaburi, which is not too far away it seems. Is business so good that she is fully booked?

So I'll have to find someone else this time. No idea who yet, will be interesting.

You're correct not that far, I have driven thru there before on my way to Trat. If I remember about 2 1/2 hour drive.

Could be that the time and dates you needed her, all her driver were booked. I have friends that have used her car service for longer trips than that.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

I used Nams service twice on the last trip since the previous company I used didn't answered on the mail this time.

Only have good things to say about Nams drivers and service :)

• Like 2

On 01/12/2018 at 02:28, woepie said:

I just discussed this with Nam.

High season has started and the request for her taxis increased a lot. One day about a week or two ago, she had 42 customers on one day....

Her access to lady drivers is one of the main limitations, it requires a capital investment to own a reasonable quality vehicle, and woman are less likely to have access to the capital.

To make it viable for those who have made the investment, often with a loan, the car needs to run as often as possible with payload. 

A trip to Chantaburi is relatively unusual, and will not be able to be paired with a return trip. Without a return trip, it is less cost effective for the drivers. In busy times, when there are plenty of requests for rides with an almost guaranteed return trip, such as a ride to the airport, or to Bangkok Sukhumvit or Sathorn areas, the drivers will prefer to take those over a trip to Chantaburi.

All drivers are owner drivers, independent contractors that work for Nam on their own behalf. So when she gets in a job, she will post it on one of her contact groups, first the smaller group of her best drivers, most commonly used, then, if no reply, she will put it on a larger wider group of lady drivers. (about 30)
But she cannot force anyone to accept. If nobody accepts the job, there is little she can do about it. She can try some male drivers she trusts, but is reluctant to do that often, because she knows her customers prefer lady drivers for good reason.

So during high season, if you want a longer journey or a less common destination, she may OR may not be able to help you. Please do not consider this a lack of willingness to help you, it is simply beyond her power.

During low  season, it will probably change again.

Another factor are special occasions, mainly some holidays that the ladies want to be with their families, Songkran, New Years', Mothers day and Loy Kratong, many drivers especially women with children will go home and not be available for work.

I posed the questions :
"Would it be workable to put a premium on the price during such special holidays?" 

and 
"Would it be helpful to raise the price for longer journeys to Hua Hin, Koh Chang etc during high season?"

Have not received an answer on that yet.

What do you guys think about those two questions?

In my opinion the best and safe taxi service to and fro from Bhoomi airport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

My review is going to be a little mixed...  couldn't find the girl with my sign.  Took 15 minutes to Line Nam to until I found her.  I went to the area for the 3rd time, finally saw her texting on her phone.  At this point I was rather bitchy and said let's go...

Found out staying so close to WS I couldn't be dropped right there so we walked down some back alleys to get there, stunk like urine, feces and some backyard bbq, but that's Thailand I guess.

Wasn't going to tip but since she walked me to the hotel I tipped 100b.  Overall I got where I was going to but the time it took to find her wasn't in the plans.  In the time it took to find her, I could have taken up the numerous offers for taxi or bus to Pattaya.  

Oh well, part my fault for not being an expert at where everything is in the airport but it didn't appear she was outwardly looking for anyone either, being buried in her smartphone.

Edited by Gibsons1

2 minutes ago, Gibsons1 said:

My review is going to be a little mixed...  couldn't find the girl with my sign.  Took 15 minutes to Line Nam to until I found her.  I went to the area for the 3rd time, finally saw her texting on her phone.  At this point I was rather bitchy and said let's go...

Found out staying so close to WS I couldn't be dropped right there so we walked down some back alleys to get there, stunk like urine, feces and some backyard bbq, but that's Thailand I guess.

Wasn't going to tip but since she walked me to the hotel I tipped 100b.  Overall I got where I was going to but the time it took to find her wasn't in the plans.  In the time it took to find her, I could have taken up the numerous offers for taxi or bus to Pattaya.  

Oh well, part my fault for not being an expert at where everything is in the airport but it didn't appear she was outwardly looking for anyone either.

@Encora Since you’re looking for candid feedback I’ll share that this is now happening too frequently. I was kept waiting for more than 30 mins and that too she didn’t even come inside. I dragged my luggage all the way to the waiting area outside the airport. This after sharing every fucking details of flights et al weeks before and a reminder days before. I suck at refusing tips and so she still got a 100 baht on the top of the 1200. In fact this trip I have four rides booked with Nam, one to/from to Sukhimvit tomorrow besides Swampy drop and pick up. Total business I’m giving her is upwards 5000 baht so I’d expect a little bit of professionlism. Still I’ve not cancelled those bookings yet and I really don’t know why.

I booked a Taxi for a friend who arrived from UK on 4th Dec to Holiday Inn. He was very pleased with (lady) service.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

My experience with Nam was mixed. My flight was late and there was a line in the immigration which means I got out 1.5 hrs after landing and my driver Meaw was there with her daughter, a 3rd grader I think, waiting for me. She wanted to take my luggage, but I like to carry my own. She insisted to carry my backpack and I let her. She took me to the currency exchange booth, helped me to get a Sim card, stopped twice on the way so that I can buy coffee and use the restroom, constantly monitoring the AC flow and if I am hot, kept a nice conversation going. That was one of the best services I have ever received. Tipped her 200 baht.

On the way to airport my driver was a real bitch. She won't turn down the AC or music even when requested, not a single word the whole way, she was visibly not happy when I asked her to stop for a coffee, left me far from my airline's gate when I clearly told her my airline's name. No tip, sorry.