Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

4 hours ago, Jebb said:

Miss Yuri's car has one.

Nam's sister ?

Edited by Taa_Saparot

Anyone know if Nam has stopped using Line to take bookings ?

I booked one almost 12 hours ago, still no response. She's usually quicker than that.

I've also sent off an email, but I don't imagine that will be any quicker.

3 hours ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

I booked one almost 12 hours ago, still no response. She's usually quicker than that.

I could be wrong, but I thought Nam prefers email (which is monitored by multiple people), especially for the first contact

That could explain it.

Hopefully there's a confirmation email waiting me for when I wake up.

Otherwise its too late and I'm onto plan B, and I hate plan B :-(

4 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Nam's sister ?

No, just an employee.

image.png

21 hours ago, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Nam’s booking system was set up  by linkingher gmail with her google diary, allowing her to make quick transefers from incoming email bookings to her online diay. That diary is not only visible to her on any platform she can read but also to Chanya and any assistance she nat gave. It is basicallytge backbone of her filing system.

so while she can reas and respond to other platforms, this is her home base, and she prefers any bookings and other comms to use email!.

Line,phone or sms can be useful in an emergency, but not peferes for useualcomms.

On 24/05/2019 at 00:51, Jumpin Jack Flash said:

Actually, I just found out why.
She is travelling right now, in Switzerland, and for some reason there cannot access LINE.
All bookings are being handled by Chanya, who uses LINE to communicate with Drivers, but cannot pick up Nam's Line messages.

As I said before, EMAIl is the preferred method of booking.

Nam has been out of the country before, but never in a place where she could not access her LINE, quite frustrating of her.

This trip was a prize she won in a lottery/raffle at the opening of the new shopping mall Terminal 21..
She'll be back in about four days I think.
But Chanya is well prepared, and perfectly capable to to the job.

• Like 5

Connect with Chanya  she is  quick to respond & Nam has really trained her well . last week i had my pick up from Pratunam to Pattaya and back to the airport . everything was smooth .

• Like 2

Do Nam&Co drive from Pattaya to U-Tapao?

Her website doesn’t list it. I believe there was an earlier post about that subject, but I don’t remember the answer.

Here's her website, and it suggests that you contact her
for any destinations not listed.

http://www.namstaxipattaya.com/services

Utapao has been very difficult these last few years, mainly because it is also a military airport and the authorities make things hard for independent taxis to operate, and also expensive.
The military authorities are kind of enforcing a "closed shop", only allowing registred taxi firms to operate. Nam stopped driving there a while ago, saying the hassle wasn't worth it. But sometimes she has a driver who is happy to go there, especially if the driver knows the passenger. As driver, you cannot stand there like Suvarnabhumi with a sign with a name on it. At least that is how it was last time I went through there.
I am asking her this morning what the current situation is and will report back if there is any change...

• Like 2

Nam confirmed, she doesn’t usually provide service to Utapao, her drivers don’t like the hassle they get.

they could possibly do a drop off only, but that makes them not competitive with registred cabs that can do a fully paid return trip.

Booked Kukped for a 5 hour trip to various places around Pattaya like Sanctuary of Truth and Buddah Mountain (Khao Chi Chan) She also took us to the Naklua seafood market because my friend wanted to send some seafood to her family by bus. Kukped is probably the nicest person I've ever met and genuinely so. She was so helpful with so many things which I won't bore with the details but I can recommend her 100% for day trips or anything really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I used Nam's service 2 times last April and May from and to Suvarnabhumi Airport. I made the first booking by mail and was impressed about the well organized service. The second time I booked via Nam's line. She confirmed my booking quickly and told me that she might be not available for calls the next days ( I've read that she was in Switzerland at that time in another thread) and that I should contact Chanja. I always contact my chosen "taxi-sevices" one day before the confirmed appointment to be sure that everything will be ok and so I send a SMS to Chanja. She confirmed immediately and the driver (skinny Anni) arrived about 30 minutes before the appointment on the next day.

I will use her service again next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Returned home a week ago...Nam  again from Bangkok to Pattaya and also Pattaya to Bangkok.

Stress free travel...always on time...actually always there early when I arrive at airport and hotel when I'm leaving.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Used the service for a total newbie friend a couple of weeks ago at very short notice for an emergency trip. Met her at the airport and delivered door to door no problems. Thanks Chanya, well done.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png

Thumbs up for me 

used twice on my last trip again 

on time friendly,safe female driver 

Recommended 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another shout out for Nam's taxis. Got picked up and delivered by the lovely Thip last night. Big clean Toyota 4wd and well driven. She was waiting exactly where she should be with a big smile. Well deserved tip for her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

image.png

Same same for me - spent a few nights in Bangkok, then had Nam’s driver pick me up and haul me to Pattaya. Excellent service, as always (early for pick-up; very clean, comfortable Toyota; had water and pillows; great driver; etc.)

I’m sure Nam would warn you, but driving down to Pattaya on Sunday afternoon was a breeze, but traffic in the other direction (going TO Bangkok) was BRUTAL! If you’re flying out on a Sunday, give yourself plenty of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 08/07/2019 at 11:20, Luv2Phuket said:

I’m sure Nam would warn you, but driving down to Pattaya on Sunday afternoon was a breeze, but traffic in the other direction (going TO Bangkok) was BRUTAL! If you’re flying out on a Sunday, give yourself plenty of time.

Was going in the undesired direction on Sunday and it had a few crappy spots but Nam got me to airport in plenty of time, as always...

• Like 2

Sunday traffic heading into Bkk from Pats is a real bundle of joy, that is for sure.  My TGF didn't understand why I left at 6pm for a 10pm flight.  Still got there in plenty of time but  always plan on the trip on Sunday being a bit longer.  Nam and Chanya are pretty good about knowing when it is best to pick you up, so trust them.

Great driver, Seangduan, she was very sweet.  Nice Toyota Minivan/SUV type of vehicle.  She gave me a big smile and "tankU" when I didn't request change from my 1500 baht.  I know, I am ruining it for all of the rest of you by tipping.  I also tip when I go to Soi Six, just to piss all you guys off...

Joker....

She gave me a big smile and "tankU" when I didn't request change from my 1500 baht.  I know, I am ruining it for all of the rest of you by tipping.  I also tip when I go to Soi Six, just to piss all you guys off...

Joker....

Thankfully you didn’t mention tipping the housekeeper.

You would be accused of singlehandedly ruining the Thai economy for everyone else. You surely don’t want to spoil a hotel maid who already makes the big bucks....about 10 USD per day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1