Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

Good experience. Picked up early. Didn't drive like a maniac. Very polite. Would use again.

• 2 weeks later...

i have used Nam's taxi service for the last year or 2. even on short notice she has always organized a pick up for me and is hassle free. always there waiting for me and on time at BKK (swampy).  always clean and nice car,  driver is always polite, on the way Pattaya asks me if i want to stop at Starbucks for a coffee. i've only got positive things to say about this taxi service. always feel safe and arrive in good time. i will continue to use her service and don't look for anyone else for that matter. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to sing the praises of Nam's taxi service, I used her service for the first time on my most recent trip last month, from both the airport to Patts' and vice versa and found her service to be exemplary.

Her online communications with me were clear detailed and reassuring, by which I mean that she gave lots of info on where to meet my driver, a list of apps and phone numbers in the unlikely event that I was unable to find her, just those kind of details that help ease the worry that after a 15hr journey, you won't find yourself anxiously scanning the throng of drivers at Gate 3 in the arrivals hall. 555

The lady that was waiting for me was called Noy and she was very kind patient and an excellent driver, even tho' she spent 95% of the journey in the outside lane of the highway !! (not that I'm complaining, you understand) I actually ended up making three stops on the journey to my hotel, a toilet break at the service station on the highway, outside Sutus court to change money at that TT booth directly opposite, and due to some miscommunication, the 7-11 on Soi 15 instead of, as I had suggested, the 7-11 on the corner of Lengkee.

The cost was 1200bt, and I was sure to thank her with a 200bt tip for her patience. The return trip was less eventful, I had a 10pm pick-up and was surprised when I saw the vehicle, a rather large SUV, but my driver explained that she had a 8am pick up from the airport the following morning, and that after she dropped me off at Swampy, she was gonna park up off-site and sleep in the vehicle overnight....

I'd have no hesitation in booking with Nam again for my next trip, which will hopefully be in the near future.

Mr magoo

IMG_20190922_220720-01.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Mr magoo said:

Just wanted to sing the praises of Nam's taxi service, I used her service for the first time on my most recent trip last month, from both the airport to Patts' and vice versa and found her service to be exemplary.

Her online communications with me were clear detailed and reassuring, by which I mean that she gave lots of info on where to meet my driver, a list of apps and phone numbers in the unlikely event that I was unable to find her, just those kind of details that help ease the worry that after a 15hr journey, you won't find yourself anxiously scanning the throng of drivers at Gate 3 in the arrivals hall. 555

The lady that was waiting for me was called Noy and she was very kind patient and an excellent driver, even tho' she spent 95% of the journey in the outside lane of the highway !! (not that I'm complaining, you understand) I actually ended up making three stops on the journey to my hotel, a toilet break at the service station on the highway, outside Sutus court to change money at that TT booth directly opposite, and due to some miscommunication, the 7-11 on soi 15 instead of, as I had suggested, the 7-11 on the corner of Lengkee.

The cost was 1200bt, and I was sure to thank her with a 200bt tip for her patience. The return trip was less eventful, I had a 10pm pick-up and was surprised when I saw the vehicle, a rather large SUV, but my driver explained that she had a 8am pick up from the airport the following morning, and that after she dropped me off at Swampy, she was gonna park up off-site and sleep in the vehicle overnight....

I'd have no hesitation in booking with Nam again for my next trip, which will hopefully be in the near future.

Mr magoo

IMG_20190922_220720-01.jpeg

Good recommendation and fair standard price 

Have you an email address please ?

Nam occasionally gets requests from customers to pay for their taxi online before they travel. As an experiment she has just taken one payment via PayPal and found out the hard way they charge a 7% commission. Nams commission isnt great and 7% of 1200 baht is a bit of a chunk from her bit. 

I have told her that if she considers continuing taking payments on line as her margins are narrow she should pass on the commission charge to the customer but make it clear that its not her but PayPal. If the customer wants to pay the driver direct as they do now, then of course  no service charge. 

What do you think, is that fair? Would you pay the charge for the convenience of paying on line? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mr magoo said:
 I had suggested, the 7-11 on the corner of Lengkee.

Close for renovation m8 :)

23 minutes ago, Shaygate said:

What do you think, is that fair? Would you pay the charge for the convenience of paying on line? 

HIMO :)

NO :NoNo3:

236586668_CASHISKING.png.b2924fcdef75133c20cde002e1d54bdb.png

11 minutes ago, benny31 said:

HIMO :)

NO :NoNo3:

Don't worry there is no move to go online only, its just some customers do request to pay online. 

22 minutes ago, Shaygate said:

Don't worry there is no move to go online only, its just some customers do request to pay online. 

Keep it simple cash is king 

• Like 2

I think online payments which incurr such a huge commission are simply a rip off effort by online agencies. I can see no reason why such a small amount can't be paid in cash and would fully support Nam passing it on to those customers who insist on this.

I think many businesses pass along the charge for the convenience of using a credit card, PayPal, etc.

I think it would be very fair for Nam to do this. If the customer still prefers to use PayPal, up to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a good chance drivers would find they get fewer tips if people were paying online in advance.

Certainly fair for Nam to pass on the surcharge if she does offer PayPal though.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 hours ago, benny31 said:

Close for renovation m8 :)

Yeah I know m8, I was the one who posted the  news about it on here !!

Yeah when you don’t bother and just use Grab or a hotel organised car you really notice the difference. The Thai guys drive like total retards on the highway.  Will always use Nam’s drivers. 

Edited by nzwolfgang
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Totally understandable to have cash rate and credit card rate...... but should be explained clearly. 

paypal is convenient but she should proceed with caution.  A common paypal scam some people do is to file a charge back / refund after the goods/service received.  Paypal almost always sides with the buyer so the chargeback gets done even if seller has all the evidence.

One of the best online decisions, I made quite some years ago, was to completely expunge paypal, and never use it again.  Guess what?  I have never needed it again.  Took some time for all the bullshit emails to start thinning out but the situation is that now, if I receive an email, with any mention of paypal, then it is a phishing attempt.

Debit or credit card only for me online.

Nam fare is paid from baht cash remaining from my last trip.

• Like 3

On 07/10/2019 at 20:38, Shaygate said:

Nam occasionally gets requests from customers to pay for their taxi online before they travel. As an experiment she has just taken one payment via PayPal and found out the hard way they charge a 7% commission. Nams commission isnt great and 7% of 1200 baht is a bit of a chunk from her bit. 

I have told her that if she considers continuing taking payments on line as her margins are narrow she should pass on the commission charge to the customer but make it clear that its not her but PayPal. If the customer wants to pay the driver direct as they do now, then of course  no service charge. 

I do make sure I have enough cash for the fare, and if i don't happen to have it, it's easy enough to stop at an ATM in the airport to get the cash to pay the fare. Now, having said that, and having three of my own Thai bank accounts at two different Thai banks, I do sort of wish Nam would go to whichever bank she uses at get a Thailand PromptPay QR code for deposits into her account. I prefer not to carry around a lot of cash in my pocket, and when I can use PromptPay at Thailand vendors, it's always my preferred method of getting money from my bank account to their bank account. So far as I know, there are not any fees on either side. I know there are no fees on my side. 

And yeah, if PayPal is charging however much on top of the transaction, that should properly be passed along to the customer.

2 hours ago, Garzan said:

I do sort of wish Nam would go to whichever bank she uses at get a Thailand PromptPay QR code for deposits into her account. 

I'll suggest to Nam that she looks at that. :wink:

That's a good suggestion from @Garzan to provide an option to direct pay via a Thai bank transfer. While I have a smartphone, I'm not a big fan of loading various vendor or bank apps on my phone. Along with PromptPay, perhaps she could also provide her bank account details in the booking email for those that might want to prepay with a bank transfer.

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I'm not a big fan of loading various vendor or bank apps on my phone.

While a lot of them are worse than useless, I'm finding the K+ app more and more useful. I have both the Bangkok Bank app and the Kasikorn app. Between the two of them, I can pay more utilities, have an easier time paying my True bill, (in the past) make my Toyota car payment and so on all from the K+ app. But I totally get not wanting to fill up your phone with junk. :-)