IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

On 27/01/2019 at 20:23, Encora said:

Just got this photo from Nam, sent this afternoon from the airport by one of her drivers. Looks like high season is still on!
Five customers booked  car around the same pick up time!

Busy women!  I think I recognise a couple...

Nam'sDrivers-.jpg

Pretty sure I’ve had 4 out of 5 of those ladies. :)

Currently sitting in the back of a different ladies Camry fast approaching Pattaya. There’s only a few better feelings than reaching the end of that freeway coming in. 

• Like 3

Recently, Nam had a request form a regular customer for a short trip inside Pattaya, which she had to turn down.
The regular Taxi drivers in Pattaya are waging a campaign against GRAB, which they feel is giving them unfair competition. Certain areas in Pattaya  where many "official" taxis hang out, on occasion a GRAB driver has been accosted by regular drivers and harassed.

Nam's drivers rarely do short trips around town, although for regulars they occasionally will oblige. This was a situation where she didn't want to put her lady driver in a situation that might cause her grief, so she declined and suggested he use a song thaew or a regular taxi.
Happily, after her explanation, he graciously accepted her views.

If you get turned down for short trips in town when you try to book one, please understand there is a good reason for that.

Many people don't like to use official local cabs, because although they call themselves "Taxi Meter", they refuse to use a meter. In Bangkok this can land them in trouble with the transport department and jeopardise their licence, in Pattaya that regulation is not enforced.

• Like 4

I’ve praised Nam in the past & am back again...

My plans kept changing, but Nam and her staff were incredibly accommodating! No problems at all.

Great communications, and I am always happy with her service!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

just back in OZ yesterday , had 2 wonderful trips to and from airport using NAM'S TAXI SERVICE . on arriving got a lady called Tammy , great car and driver , my regular driver i always have was on holidays ( i must of tipped too much ) 5555 . on return trip my regular driver turned up MISS  LEE  , what a character , so happy and never stops talking and laughing .  get a better welcome from her than i did in a 5 yr relationship with my ex !! just to get greeted at airport or to being picked up for return trip ... amazing

this trip i extended by a couple of days so had to change pickup date ... emailed them and no problems taxi on time as usual . very effectiant service 

WELL DONE AGAIN NAM , TAMMY and MISS LEE

On 18 February 2019 at 11:23, Encora said:

Many people don't like to use official local cabs, because although they call themselves "Taxi Meter", they refuse to use a meter. In Bangkok this can land them in trouble with the transport department and jeopardise their licence, in Pattaya that regulation is not enforced.

i got a taxi from bangkok once at the hotel near nana plaza and he told me 1,600 , all good so about to leave i asked him to put meter on just out of curiosity , the fare ended up either just under or just over 1,000baht but on the meter i suppose you would be up for the tolls which wouldn't be a great deal 

i told the bloke i would pay the agreed price and showed him the money before we left . suppose why they don't use the meter is that they can fleece more from you at a set price

Edited by onehunglo

Used nams again this trip, lady was on time, friendly, safe driver and car was like a limousine, will never use anyone else as safety is so important

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another big WELL DONE to Nam's service , flight arrived 1 hour

early , can use fast track immigration so was at gate 3 much earlier than my requested time .

My driver was there smiling as usual , super fast and safe trip .

Will always recommend Nam to anyone  needing taxi

In about five weeks, Songkran will be upon us, and early customers booking Nam's Taxi during that festival are going to be quoted higher rates then usual. I mentioned this a few months ago, but maybe need to repeat this since there appears a bit of a backlash against it.
Songkran in most of the country will be April 13-15, in Pattaya it is celebrated April 16-19.

Briefly, Songkran is a very important family celebration, and many of the Pattaya based taxi drivers (especially the women) will be heading home for a few days or more, because as Thai, you need to celebrate this with your parents, grandparents and children. It is about respect.

Consequently, fewer drivers will be in Pattaya to provide service to customers.

Additionally, during the festival, traffic will almost grind to a halt, due to congestion and on the street celebration. A simple pick up from airport to Pattaya in daytime, which usually takes from 1 hour 15 mins to one and a half hours, depending on time of day and location of your hotel, can take an hour, sometimes two hours longer. That makes it extremely unattractive for anyone to drive, especially for someone driving all day long. A further incentive to take a holiday and go home.

In the past, Nam has had great problems finding enough drivers to meet the demand during Songkran. During a discussion with her and another BM assisting her, Shaygate, a few months ago after New Year, when the same problem arose, we suggested raising the fare during the busy times, to give drivers an incentive to stay here and work. Basically it is a supply and demand issue, the drivers are all independent contractors and free to accept a job or not.

In many western countries, it is quite accepted practice to charge higher prices for Christmas Day, New Years day, be it for transport, restaurants, hotel room and during busy travel months, for air travel. Nobody here will boycott an airline because their tickets in high season are more expensive then in low season. You may choose to travel in low season instead, but not lay the blame with the airline.

So, somewhat reluctantly, Nam agreed to raise prices over Songkran from 1200 to 1500 baht during daytime hours , from 10.00 AM until 8.00 PM.  It is hoped that because of this, more drivers will be staying here to benefit from their increased income, which will be partly offset by their lower hourly return.

Some customers don't seem to like this, and argue that 'some' other taxi booking agencies charge lower prices. 
That maybe so. But you may find that they might at the last moment cancel your booking because they have no drivers, or that their driver will arrive an hour or two late, because they were held up in traffic. Bit of a bummer if you are hoping to catch a plane...

There seems to be a reason why some many BM book Nam's service and are happy with it. Feedback suggests that includes safe reliable lady drivers, tidy cars, good service, knowledge of the way to and location of your hotel, and prompt response to a request for booking.

In the end, the customer is the boss, and you can decide which service you decide to use. But don't try to negotiate on the price, it is set for a reason and trying to haggle is not appreciated and will not get you anywhere...

As for me, I am out of here, from April 6 until April 22.....

NAM  and her band of drivers provide an absolute wonderful service to the throngs of travellers day in , day out . so i would think  one would not mind paying the bit extra = peace of mind

i got recommended to NAMS by my brother and have never looked back , before that i have had taxi's turning up late , not turning up , stopping for fuel half way there , dodgy drivers and the list goes on .

so i think a little compassion in a busy time would not hurt anyone . each to their own but that's my thoughts    :Number1a:

Used her again this trip.

flight was delayed 2 hours but the driver was there waiting dispite not being able to contact her about the delay 

not it the first time either. More reliable than an Emirates flight

On 03/03/2019 at 04:52, onehunglo said:

i got a taxi from bangkok once at the hotel near Nana Plaza and he told me 1,600 , all good so about to leave i asked him to put meter on just out of curiosity , the fare ended up either just under or just over 1,000baht but on the meter i suppose you would be up for the tolls which wouldn't be a great deal 

i told the bloke i would pay the agreed price and showed him the money before we left . suppose why they don't use the meter is that they can fleece more from you at a set price

He's not making much money on that. What happens when he gets to Pattaya? He can't drive around looking for a ride back. The only thing he can do is get one of those taxi meter stands to organise him a fare and after commission he's lucky to get 600 baht. Add the fares together and he gets approximately the meter fare x2.

Just now, thinkingallowed said:

He's not making much money on that. What happens when he gets to Pattaya? He can't drive around looking for a ride back. The only thing he can do is get one of those taxi meter stands to organise him a fare and after commission he's lucky to get 600 baht. Add the fares together and he gets approximately the meter fare x2.

Yes. You are not usually millionaire driving taxi in Thailand. 600bht is about double the minimum daily salary.

22 hours ago, jpmelville said:

Yes. You are not usually millionaire driving taxi in Thailand. 600bht is about double the minimum daily salary.

600 baht less fuel and running costs of a 125 km journey not to mention the waiting around time for a trip back.

Used Nams taxi again this trip as I always do. Excellent lady driving to make me feel safe and cars were excellent, ladies on time and nice to talk too.

Sent from my SM-G570Y using Tapatalk

• Like 2

To footnotes to the announcements about the altered Songkran fares:
1. The increase from 1200 to 1500 bt for the airport to Pattaya run or vice versa ONLY applies from 10.00 AM until 8.00 PM, and this increase goes all to the driver, NOT to Nam, her margin stays the same.
2. For the entire duration of April 19, no bookings at all are accepted. It is the wildest day of Songkran in Pattaya, and the roads are expected to be gridlocked. We advise you travel either  on the day before or the day after.
Happy holidays!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/12/2018 at 18:03, Canuckdave said:

Does Nam provide transfer from Pattaya to Utapao airport? if not can someone recommend a driver that does.  Thanks.

Nam doesn't but tan does

• 2 months later...

Miss Yuri took me to DMK last Tuesday, at my place early and a smooth and safe journey as usual. Well done.

• Like 2

image.png

1 hour ago, Jebb said:

Miss Yuri took me to DMK last Tuesday, at my place early and a smooth and safe journey as usual. Well done.

Great driver!

31 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

@Encora

Just curious, does Nam's Taxis not use M-Pass now?

Last four trips with Nam's drivers all breezed through the toll points with a beep.

• Like 3

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

21 minutes ago, deano4598 said:

Last four trips with Nam's drivers all breezed through the toll points with a beep.

My last return trip from Patts to BKK my driver didn’t have an M-Pass. 

I assume it’s not mandatory for her drivers to have them but it sure helps.

Thanks for the positive feedback, guys. I know she had some bad report recently, but nice to see that the positive side is still appreciated...

Nam uses an Mpass, and recently really tried hard to get me to subscribe and start using it, too, she recognises it as a time saver. But she has not made it mandatory for her drivers, she spends enough time checking more important rules she set.

or, as she put it to me, “ I already have to yek yek my drivers often, only want to do it when important..”

• Like 2

Miss Yuri's car has one.

image.png

2 x Nam pickups in March, again both were early and very good drivers.

I'm happy to keep using Nam's services, Ms Chanya seems to be good for keeping things running smoothly.