IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

28 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

You will have to get into the country first and if you hit the chinese and russian flights you could be an hour to get through immigration.

Then you have your bags to collect. Get to your driver first as a matter of courtesy. You won't be asked for the fare upfront and i suggest waiting until your in Pattaya to get your money changed and you can get a sim card at one of the malls.

Thai's are relaxed about things and it won't be the first time a driver has done this.

If you want you could get some currency before you leave for Thailand. 

Thanks, food for thought. There's a TT exchange just around the corner from my hotel so I could ask the driver if she would prefer / is OK with me changing money to pay her when we arrive at my hotel. I think I read elsewhere the hotel may ask for a 2000 baht deposit which I would prefer to pay in cash, rather than hand over my CC details, so I may need cash before checking in.

hotel check in is not until 1 pm so I would have plenty of time to do stuff at the airport, subject to not wanting to waste the driver's time.

I know the hotel reception will let me park my bags with them; I'm slightly uneasy about starting my hols by putting my possessions in the care of the hotel receptionists, but with such a long time between arrival and check in seems like I may not have much choice.

Best not to arrive in Thailand with rampant paranoia.

Take your passport, wallet, car and house keys and mobile with you. No one is going to touch your belongings.

Stealing your silk underwear isn't high up the receptionist's priority list.  

1 hour ago, nekkid said:

Thanks, food for thought. There's a TT exchange just around the corner from my hotel so I could ask the driver if she would prefer / is OK with me changing money to pay her when we arrive at my hotel. I think I read elsewhere the hotel may ask for a 2000 baht deposit which I would prefer to pay in cash, rather than hand over my CC details, so I may need cash before checking in.

Hotel check in is not until 1 pm so I would have plenty of time to do stuff at the airport, subject to not wanting to waste the driver's time.

I know the hotel reception will let me park my bags with them; I'm slightly uneasy about starting my hols by putting my possessions in the care of the hotel receptionists, but with such a long time between arrival and check in seems like I may not have much choice.

i check in a day earlier , that way you don't have to wait around and if say your flight back home leaves at midnight on wednesday 10th book the room till thursday 11th , that way your not sitting in foyer or bar waiting however long for a taxi . only costs an extra 1-2,000 baht more but really only chips

Edited by onehunglo

3 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

Best not to arrive in Thailand with rampant paranoia.

Take your passport, wallet, car and house keys and mobile with you. No one is going to touch your belongings.

Stealing your silk underwear isn't high up the receptionist's priority list.  

No I don't suppose they would be after my undies but petty theft if they are inattentive seems a possibility.

I would prefer not to be walking around outside the hotel with valuables on me rather than tucked away in my room, and if I take a laptop, I might add that to the list of stuff to carry around. Maybe use a backpack for carry on and keep that with me. 

1 minute ago, onehunglo said:

i check in a day earlier , that way you don't have to wait around and if say your flight back home leaves at midnight on wednesday 10th book the room till thursday 11th , that way your not sitting in foyer or bar waiting however long for a taxi . only costs an extra 1-2,000 baht more but really only chips

Yep that's what I should have done. I did book an extra day at the end - as my flight back is in the wee small hours.

I think I read a story of the hotel giving a BM's room to someone else when he booked an extra day at the beginning, as you suggest, thinking he just hadn't turned up. But yeah, on reflection, that's what I should have done, especially as after a long flight from the UK I may be spaced out and knowing I have the option of going straight up to my room and crashing for a few hours would have been good.

34 minutes ago, nekkid said:

No I don't suppose they would be after my undies but petty theft if they are inattentive seems a possibility.

I would prefer not to be walking around outside the hotel with valuables on me rather than tucked away in my room, and if I take a laptop, I might add that to the list of stuff to carry around. Maybe use a backpack for carry on and keep that with me. 

pay for another day if it worries you that much

33 minutes ago, nekkid said:

Yep that's what I should have done. I did book an extra day at the end - as my flight back is in the wee small hours.

I think I read a story of the hotel giving a BM's room to someone else when he booked an extra day at the beginning, as you suggest, thinking he just hadn't turned up. But yeah, on reflection, that's what I should have done, especially as after a long flight from the UK I may be spaced out and knowing I have the option of going straight up to my room and crashing for a few hours would have been good.

you can let them know what ETA is , that way they have no excuse

Edited by onehunglo

19 minutes ago, onehunglo said:

you can let them know what ETA is , that way they have no excuse

Thanks for your feedback (and that of everyone who responded), but thinking it over I reckon I'll be OK as it is. It will probably be getting on for 11 am by the time I arrive, and if it came to it I could always just sit in reception for an hour or so until they let me check in.

4 minutes ago, nekkid said:

Thanks for your feedback (and that of everyone who responded), but thinking it over I reckon I'll be OK as it is. It will probably be getting on for 11 am by the time I arrive, and if it came to it I could always just sit in reception for an hour or so until they let me check in.

Plus there's always the chance if you are sitting right there in reception, where they can see you sitting and waiting for the room, they may hurry up getting you into the room and out of the lobby. :-)

btw, sorry for continuing on with a discussion that has zero to do with Nam's Taxi Service. :-)

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/08/2018 at 13:22, forcebwithu said:

Another thing about booking a car too far in advance, this being Thailand I don't trust the Thais to remember my booking that far in advance. Not saying that's the case with Nam as by all reports she is quite organized, but as there's no downside to waiting until a couple of weeks before to book that's what I will continue to do.

Nam's bookings are transferred immediately upon reception from her google Mail to her Google calender/diary. The night before the booked pickup, she works through the bookings for the next day and assigns drivers. She has bookings six months ahead, and bookings done the day before, they all show up the same.
The only risk of last minute bookings is that on very busy days she may have trouble finding a driver at the last moment. Especially around New year, when many of the drivers go home to their family, it can get hard to find a driver. On those occasions she often tries to allocate the drivers a day or two before the pickup.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Encora said:

She has bookings six months ahead, and bookings done the day before, they all show up the same.

I book when I book my flights & confirm a few days out from arrival. Takes no time at all & I get a reply which gives both of us has the reassurance that everything is on track

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Arrived today and picked up by lady driver as per clear instructions provided by Nam / secretary. Slightly unnerved by her consulting mobile phone while driving but otherwise absolutely fine, and made good time getting from airport to hotel; very pleasant ride in an air conditioned saloon, chatting about this and that which caught my eye as I saw Thailand for the first time.

2 hours ago, Encora said:

Nam's bookings are transferred immediately upon reception from her google Mail to her Google calender/diary. The night before the booked pickup, she works through the bookings for the next day and assigns drivers. She has bookings six months ahead, and bookings done the day before, they all show up the same.
The only risk of last minute bookings is that on very busy days she may have trouble finding a driver at the last moment. Especially around New year, when many of the drivers go home to their family, it can get hard to find a driver. On those occasions she often tries to allocate the drivers a day or two before the pickup.

She also now has them ~12 months in advance.  Have had my bookings for June/July and July/August 2019 confirmed.  There will be a smiling lady with my name on a board both times.  Would bet my house on it!

I just booked her for November. Thanks for the report.

I wanted to pass on some information about Nam's Taxi Service which I just used for the first time. Nam is a former Bar Girl that is now starting a new line of work as a taxi service.
Nam herself is a great person with a very upbeat and funny personality and as a bonus nice looking. She speaks excellent English as well as casual Japanese.

I contacted Nam via an email which she was quick to respond to as with all follow up emails. She was waiting at the designated meeting point when I arrived with a sign with my name on it. Helped me with my luggage and once at the car asked if I was ready for a nice SAFE ride to Pattaya.

For me this has become one of the main things I want when making the trip back and forth from BKK or anywhere in Thailand. Other services I used sometimes you do not know who will be your driver and what kind of shape he or the car will be in.
Once on the way she had some cool drinks for me to choose from which was nice.

The trip was pleasant with some nice friendly conversation maybe a little flirty on my part.
Can not remember the make or model of car but it was a Sedan and was clean with a smooth ride.
Cost was 1200 Baht to Pattaya and 1100 from Pattaya to BKK so yes you can get cheaper but for me it was worth it to have a pleasant ride with someone who is dependable.

Also this was the first time a got a big hug and a kiss on the cheek from a taxi driver.

Contact Info
[email protected]

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Availed Nam taxi services last week, airport to Pattaya 1200 bhats and again Pattaya to Bangkok 1600 bhats and from Bangkok to Surwarna airport 900 bhats. The drivers were good so were the cars. I found the patts to Bkk charges of 1600 was a bit high, and the charges from Holiday Inn Silom to Suwarna airport 900 was also high because taxi at the hotel quoted 500 but since I had already booked Nam taxi I went with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

2 hours ago, raviinc said:

Pattaya to Bangkok 1600 bhats and from Bangkok to Surwarna airport 900 bhats.

Has the price gone up or are they typos? Normally 1500 Bht and 800 Bht (never booked Bkk to Swampy as the premium isn't worth it IMHO).

19 minutes ago, Ru4Real said:

Has the price gone up or are they typos? Normally 1500 Bht and 800 Bht (never booked Bkk to Swampy as the premium isn't worth it IMHO).

I was looking at that post also. Last time I used her from my hotel to Bangkok (not the airport) it was 1,500 which I think is the price she quotes on her website.

I know she has a couple of her drivers that live in Bangkok, but 800/900 baht from a Bangkok hotel to the airport is to much when you have other options. I have had the hotel van to the airport for 500 baht, and the last time I used a taxi, it was 400 baht.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

9 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

I have had the hotel van to the airport for 500 baht

Not from Rembrandt by any chance? Normally just get taxi metre but taken it a couple of times as I thought 500 Bht was cheap for a hotel transfer.

1600 from patts to Bkk is ok because it’s 39 km’s more to Bkk then the airport where she charges 1200. But 900 From Bkk to Suwarna is high because even the hotel taxi quoted 500, but then I feel more safe with her drivers then the local taxi drivers. All said I would still use her taxi services because of the good drivers, cars and efficient service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Living sober,clean and staying away from loose women doesn't make a man live any longer. It just fucking feels like it.

Those prices are cheap compared to dynasty grande cars.

I would use Nam for airport pattaya and pattaya bangkok but really it is a waste of money getting a designated car for bangkok to the airport.

Another satisfied Nam's customer. Used her for the first time for my just finished trip back to the States. To/From BKK were on time, driver drove safely, and cars were clean and in good condition. No issues with rescheduling my BKK pickup due to a missed connection and rebooking of my flight ICN to BKK. Notified her of the change via email on arrival in ICN and my driver was waiting for me at the new arrival time.

Another nice touch I appreciate is she sends an email confirmation with a picture of the driver and her car.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hats off to Nam and her drivers.

Car had a blowout about 1 mile from the airport.  Another driver picked me up within 10 mins and I made my flight in plenty of time.

hope the lady got her tyre changed without too much bother, was raining heavy when it happened.

brilliant service. 

Edited by Mr_wimpy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Mr_wimpy said:

Hats off to Nam and her drivers.

Car had a blowout about 1 mile from the airport.  Another driver picked me up within 10 mins and I made my flight in plenty of time.

hope the lady got her tyre changed without too much bother, was raining heavy when it happened.

brilliant service. 

Yep, brilliant service

ladydriver.jpg.d271a6fe287d55f2826b03c30aa1a777.jpg

• Like 2