IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

1 minute ago, TheJoker said:

I am sure if you specifically request a lady driver, she will book you one. 

Never have, and shouldn't have to, considering her marketing is specifically female drivers. "If" she has started sending male drivers she needs to be up front about that.

• Like 1

Regarding taxis, most seem to be using LPG and when i last used them  several years ago , about 10 minutes out of Pattaya they left the motorway and went to fill up with gas. On one occasion it took 40 minutes. Does this still happen because i want to take this into account when allowing for the time for getting to Swampy for a friend,

I personally have been using a girl (a friend) who has a petrol driven car but charges 1500 baht.

Edited by Billyboy294

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

29 minutes ago, Billyboy294 said:

Regarding taxis, most seem to be using LPG and when i last used them  several years ago , about 10 minutes out of Pattaya they left the motorway and went to fill up with gas. On one occasion it took 40 minutes. Does this still happen because i want to take this into account when allowing for the time for getting to Swampy for a friend,

I personally have been using a girl (a friend) who has a petrol driven car but charges 1500 baht.

None of Nam’s drivers have ever had to stop for gas. Any good drIver will fill up before picking up a passenger.

32 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

None of Nam’s drivers have ever had to stop for gas. Any good drIver will fill up before picking up a passenger.

Many thanks. Probably the one outside Pattaya was the only one available at that time and the drivers did not want to do a double journey to fill up.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I had a chat with Nam about the issue of male drivers.

She confirmed that as a rule, she uses only woman drivers, but occasionally has no option. Example last Monday, very busy day because of Queens B'day and bad rain. One of her drivers called her before pick up and said her car had broken down, she cannot make the pick up. 
Nam searched  around her usual providers, no luck, then widened her search, could only get a male driver. Because of the breakdown, the pick up was late and by a male driver.
Normal procedure, if she has no option such as this example, she'll contact the customers and check if it is OK. Sometimes, maybe this occasion, it is too late, a customer needs to get to his plane, and the driver is sent before the customer can be asked.

But she will do anything possible to avoid this situation, she is very aware her reputation depends on reliability and providing a safe woman driver.

Yesterday, a driver didn't turn up at the airport, and she found that a message she had sent to the driver, confirming her ride details, had not been received. Electronic glitch? Customer waiting far too long for his ride. Panic stations, she contacted another driver who was waiting there, and asked her to find the waiting customer a driver as soon as possible. The other driver got  a male driver to take the poor waiting customer. 
Not good enough, but sometimes, shit happens...

To Cerberus, if you have been on the receiving end of one of these situations, she apologises unreservedly. Two times, that is such an unfortunate coincidence, maybe you need to go buy a lottery ticket...

The other exception on the woman driver rule is minivan. Unfortunately, she only know one minivan lady driver , all other drivers are men. She has one or two male van drivers that she has been using for years and who get consistently good reviews. But she will ask the customer if he is OK about that.

But it remains a difficult issue, because almost all minivan male drivers I have had anything to do with (NOT sent by Nam) all drove like maniacs. I stopped using the white van's on regular routes altogether for that reason.

Nam also thanks all P.A. members who pointed out the male driver issues for their feedback, she does listen to feedback and needs it.
She send me an excerpt of a list of rules she sends to any driver that she uses for the first time if her regular drivers are all busy:

"I always send this to all driver:

Car , Petrol , Ready ( Gas Ready) No closer driver to another car. Not run over 120 kl. No Phone use when drive"

But she prefers to use her regular drivers, who are well aware of her insistence on her standard procedure.

Not true. One of her drivers picked me up last year after I had been traveling for over 30 hours, but headed toward Bangkok instead of Pattaya. I told her that Pattaya was the opposite direction and asked her where she was going, and she said she was going to get “Patron”. WTF??? Patron is a premium Tequila.

Her English was terrible, and I could barely understand anything she said as she kept driving toward Bangkok. I was getting more and more nervous, as you might imagine, and kept asking her what the hell she was doing. She kept insisting that she was going to get some “Patron”.

Finally, after about a 10 minute drive in the opposite direction of Pattaya.....she pulled into a “Petrol” station. Whew!!! I was frankly so relieved that I never complained to Nam, but the trip to Pattaya took almost 2 1/2 hours instead of the usual hour and a half. And she tried to explain to me that the Petrol was cheaper there than on the road to Pattaya. She couldn’t grasp the concept that any savings would most certainly be negated by the extra miles that she drove.

I didn’t arrive at my hotel until after 2:30 AM, but at least I got there safely. I chalked up that experience to Thai logic, and I kind of felt sorry for someone with such poor judgement. Hopefully that hasn’t happened to anyone else.

1 hour ago, vivid2 said:

Finally, after about a 10 minute drive in the opposite direction of Pattaya.....she pulled into a “Petrol” station. Whew!!! I was frankly so relieved that I never complained to Nam, but the trip to Pattaya took almost 2 1/2 hours instead of the usual hour and a half. And she tried to explain to me that the Petrol was cheaper there than on the road to Pattaya. She couldn’t grasp the concept that any savings would most certainly be negated by the extra miles that she drove.

I didn’t arrive at my hotel until after 2:30 AM, but at least I got there safely. I chalked up that experience to Thai logic, and I kind of felt sorry for someone with such poor judgement. Hopefully that hasn’t happened to anyone else.

That's the very reason I stopped using Mr T. Just about every trip from the airport to Pattaya the driver would need to stop and get LPG. Don't know why they couldn't do it on the way to the airport. Never happened with Mr T driver going to the airport just on most of the Pattaya trips. The final thing that caused me to stop using him, was not being picked up at the hotel for a trip back to the airport.

LeoTex

• Like 2

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Vivid2:  ".........."

That is not acceptable, and Nam would definitely have either given her a final warning, or removed her from her list of drivers, had she been told of this.

Unfortunately, sometimes, drivers ignore instructions or rules. But the only way this can be prevented from happening again, is by customers consistently giving feedback on their experiences, especially the bad experience.
I think that since this happened last year, it will be too late to act on this now. But if anyone ever has an experience like this, please help us and your fellow BM by reporting it instantly, either directly to Nam, or here, or by PM to me.

Edited by Encora
clarification
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, vivid2 said:

Not true. 

I meant for me. It would be impossible for me to make that statement for anyone else.

• Like 1

Me and girlfriend used Nam to book a taxi from Pattaya to Bangkok. One of the reasons I use Nam&Co is safety. The lady driver drove safe, but she was not using the seat belt.

A non-belted driver may injure other passenger in case of an accident. Maybe good idea to instruct all drivers to use the seat belt.

• Like 3

You are right.

Thank you for letting us know, I will pass it on, and Nam can put it in her safety updates to her drivers.
Could you give me by PM your email address, or the name you booked under, the date of the trip, and from where to wheree? That way, we can ID the driver, and talk to her direct about your (and our) concerns.

I will never use any taxi service other than Nam's, this next trip I am arriving with BM Boingo and sharing the taxi. I expect an additional charge for the second drop-off (not far) but am more than happy to pay whatever is considered fair for two passengers. I also allways give the girl a tip at the end for safe driving.

• Like 2

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it

Sex is a bit like oxygen, unimportant until you are not getting enough!

www.sugarcanemafia.com

Last time i got a driver from Pattaya, she did not speak the whole way to Bangkok.

Talked on her phone most of the time.

Filled up for gas quickly as we left Pattaya. No problem, she just didn't get a tip.

I would think Nam is becoming a victim of her own success. Alway's happens.

3 minutes ago, PBear66 said:

Last time i got a driver from Pattaya, she did not speak the whole way to Bangkok.

Filled up for gas quickly as we left Pattaya. No problem, she just didn't get a tip.

After a long flight , the last thing I want to do is make conversation with ANYONE. 

In the taxi I deliberately put my earphones on,  so the diver wont talk to me .

I"ll only ever use Nam because her service has never let me down , and I know that I'll get a safe female driver . Unlike years ago when I used Mr T , the speed the guy was driving at , I was sure I wasn't going get to Pattaya in one piece .

My taxi driver chatting to me is way down list of importance. 

5 hours ago, Syco said:

After a long flight , the last thing I want to do is make conversation with ANYONE. 

I"ll only ever use Nam because her service has never let me down , and I know that I'll get a safe female driver . Unlike years ago when I used Mr T , the speed the guy was driving at , I was sure I wasn't going get to Pattaya in one piece .

Agreed but the talking on the phone would be an issue for me. Both for annoyance and safety. But apparently Nam does tell them that they can't but if nobody tells her then she can't remove the ones that do.

6 hours ago, PBear66 said:

Firstly, the driver was using earphones when she talked.

Secondly, i don't want a running conversation but some acknowledgement of my prescence might be nice. 

On 8/18/2018 at 12:05, PBear66 said:

Firstly, the driver was using earphones when she talked.

Secondly, i don't want a running conversation but some acknowledgement of my prescence might be nice. 

She might be the shy type, plus its sometimes hard work having stilted conversation with someone who talks limited english, its not something which would put me off tbh.

• Like 2

On 18/08/2018 at 06:52, Syco said:

555 Me same same

HP1.gif.1618b25a5dbc6174004ee137db71a3cd.gif

• Like 2

Just back from Thailand and used Nam's taxi twice. Asked for a SUV  -1400 Bath- and got it with Ms Lee.  Safe and friendly driver. A great service and I will ask her again for my next trip in June.

Edited by PAT21

12 hours ago, PAT21 said:

Just back from Thailand and used Nam's taxi twice. Asked for a SUV  -1400 Bath- and got it with Ms Lee.  Safe and friendly driver. A great service and I will ask her again for my next trip in June.

i had her last time , good friendly driver , polite . will use her - ask for her next trip

• Like 2

• Used Nam taxi for the first time this journey both to Pattaya and back to the airport, nice clean cars and I have no complains about the drivers, will use them again in Dec.

Best regard*s

Amatören

• Like 3

How  far out do members here book Nam's service?  How many days/weeks before arrival at BKK?

1 minute ago, pattayaplayer said:

How  far out do members here book Nam's service?  How many days/weeks before arrival at BKK?

I, generally, set it up two to three weeks in advance.  The sooner, the better so it can be scheduled, IMHO.

3 hours ago, pattayaplayer said:

I book Nam when I do flights (mths before) & confirm a week out

• Like 2

www.sugarcanemafia.com