Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

5 hours ago, pattayaplayer said:

How  far out do members here book Nam's service?  How many days/weeks before arrival at BKK?

I book a couple of weeks before my flight and then confirm again the day before my flight. Always use email so I have a record and to reduce the chance of miscommunication.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I book a couple of weeks before my flight and then confirm again the day before my flight. Always use email so I have a record and to reduce the chance of miscommunication.

i booked and confirmed with Nam yesterday for my trip in october , i just send her my flight details  .... just forward on from airline and do the same for accommodation . generally email her as leaving for the airport to remind her of the booking ....... have never had a problem ...... prompt efficient service ....... driver has always been good

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I don't see the point in booking months in advance,

I booked by email for a friend about 3 weeks ago (asked for a lady driver)and confirmed the day before by email

Pick-up time was 3.40am. Got message from my friend. He said "Good driver. Very polite and helpful."

First time booked with Nam. Had previously used the other popular one for several friends with no complaints but recently there have been some comments about male drivers driving too fast and using telephone too much.

Edited by Billyboy294
  • Like 2

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

1 hour ago, Billyboy294 said:

For me, I do bi-annual trips, so I know exactly when I'll be traveling six months in advance. About three months out, I generally book the hotel, airline, and taxi. It could be OCD, but I just like to have all that stuff sorted, and stuck in my calendar without waiting until the last minute. Why wait? It makes sense to me to make all those associated travel arrangements all at the same time, and have it done. :-) And just like I check in online with the airline 24hrs before I fly, I also check in with the taxi the day before I anticipate needing a ride. 

Like you, I've been using the other popular lady's service for going on five years. This time I'm trying Nam, even though she's more expensive. If the trip is a bit more comfortable, it will be worth the extra baht to me. What I'm hoping not to need to do this trip is send a Line message to the other lady's taxi account showing a photo of me waiting at the gate where I'm supposed to meet the driver, and wondering where the driver is. :-)

I had some freinds from Canada over 2 weeks ago, booked nams for them

100% happy with the service provided

23 minutes ago, Garzan said:

What I'm hoping not to need to do this trip is send a Line message... showing a photo of me waiting at the gate where I'm supposed to meet the driver, and wondering where the driver is. 

This is the only problem I have had in many trips. In June I flew from Chiang Mai to Suvarnabhumi but could not find the driver of my taxi at Arrivals holding a sign with my name on it.

Got the airport hotel desk to phone for me; driver was facing towards International Arrivals, not Domestic Arrivals.

Problem solved. 85 minutes easy drive to my hotel in Pattaya, 1200THB plus 100 tip.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bonkabit said:

This is the only problem I have had in many trips. In June I flew from Chiang Mai to Suvarnabhumi but could not find the driver of my taxi at Arrivals holding a sign with my name on it.

Understandable. :-) I do stress when I make the reservation that I'm flying domestic and not international. At a guess, I'd guess the majority of customers fly in on an international flight, but not all of us. 

1 hour ago, Billyboy294 said:

I booked by email for a friend about 3 weeks ago (asked for a lady driver)and confirmed the day before by email

Pick-up time was 3.40am. Got message from my friend. He said "Good driver. Very polite and helpful."

First time booked with Nam. Had previously used the other popular one for several friends with no complaints but recently there have been some comments about male drivers driving too fast and using telephone too much.

I'm using Nam for the first time too. Trip is next week, so will report my experience when I get back.

Like you I had previously used another service for many years. Switching b/c they've been late on a couple of pickups, and the drivers were getting worse with speeding and use of the phone.

Another thing about booking a car too far in advance, this being Thailand I don't trust the Thais to remember my booking that far in advance. Not saying that's the case with Nam as by all reports she is quite organized, but as there's no downside to waiting until a couple of weeks before to book that's what I will continue to do.

On 7/30/2018 at 02:49, losttraveller said:

@guys I want to book Nam Taxi anyone can help with contact details line or tel? thx u

Perhaps you could look up a few posts to Encora's post.   Nam's WWW address is at bottom.

She prefers bookings by email. I assume so that she is not bothered answering the phone all the time, especially if she is driving.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

3 hours ago, Barhop said:

Perhaps you could look up a few posts to Encora's post.   Nam's WWW address is at bottom.

[email protected]

Maybe a good idea would be for Nam to add her email to the topic heading , might help those who can't be bothered going back through posts .... just a thought

Edited by onehunglo

Also, if you can't be bothered looking back through the posts, her web page ought to be at the top of the list if you type "Nam Taxi Pattaya" into a Google search box. :-)

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, pattayaplayer said:

How  far out do members here book Nam's service?  How many days/weeks before arrival at BKK?

Set up two  weeks in advance.

Don't need to book too early m8 (No early-bird rate :o)

14 hours ago, pattayaplayer said:

Some have booked up to 10 months away. I guess they like to get all of their travel arrangements confirmed. So you can book as early as you like. Better early than late ! 

Edited by Shaygate

A few days will be fine. Just send an email with your exact flight and arrival time and a driver will meet you in the designated area holding your name.

If the flight is delayed let them know.

6 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

She prefers bookings by email. I assume so that she is not bothered answering the phone all the time, especially if she is driving.

No, the real reason is because emailbookings gives her a written record of the booking details which she can copy and paste directly  into her online diary. No confusion about misunderstood details due to misunderstanding caused by different pronunciation of English. Hard facts black on white.
Telephone conversations between two people for whom at least one, often both do not have English as their mother tongue are fraught with misunderstandings. Even English native speakers, American, Scottish, Irish, Kiwis, Geordies, Aussies and Native English speaking Indians etc, a minefield of confusion.

So thank you all for humouring her and using email bookings, your likelyhood of getting a good ride at the right time and place is greatly enhanced by this.

26 minutes ago, Encora said:

No, the real reason is because emailbookings gives her a written record of the booking details which she can copy and paste directly  into her online diary. No confusion about misunderstood details due to misunderstanding caused by different pronunciation of English. Hard facts black on white.
Telephone conversations between two people for whom at least one, often both do not have English as their mother tongue are fraught with misunderstandings. Even English native speakers, American, Scottish, Irish, Kiwis, Geordies, Aussies and Native English speaking Indians etc, a minefield of confusion.

So thank you all for humouring her and using email bookings, your likelyhood of getting a good ride at the right time and place is greatly enhanced by this.

Written record is ALWAYS best - no questions re whether you said "11 a.m." vs "11 p.m." if it is in writing (also why I typically use "military time").

FWIW, I always give arrival time, airline, and flight number, so Nam or her driver can see if there is a delay and when it has landed.  I also note that I will email (or Line) her if there is a substantial delay.

2 hours ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Written record is ALWAYS best - no questions re whether you said "11 a.m." vs "11 p.m." if it is in writing (also why I typically use "military time").

FWIW, I always give arrival time, airline, and flight number, so Nam or her driver can see if there is a delay and when it has landed.  I also note that I will email (or Line) her if there is a substantial delay.

i find thai's like military time , i try to use it when necessary in cases like this 

you cannot fault NAM or her enthusiasm to please . 

I've arranged for a Nam driver to collect me from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I expect I may wish to nip down to the basement to get some Thai currency, and perhaps get a sim in my phone before going to meet the taxi lady.

I don't want to keep her waiting any longer than is necessary and I wonder how long it may take to do those things, if anyone who has experience doing those things at the airport would like to comment based on their experience please?

I'm scheduled to arrive around 7 am so I hope the airport will not be too busy at the time.

6 minutes ago, nekkid said:

I've arranged for a Nam driver to collect me from Suvarnabhumi Airport.

I expect I may wish to nip down to the basement to get some Thai currency, and perhaps get a sim in my phone before going to meet the taxi lady.

I don't want to keep her waiting any longer than is necessary and I wonder how long it may take to do those things, if anyone who has experience doing those things at the airport would like to comment based on their experience please?

I'm scheduled to arrive around 7 am so I hope the airport will not be too busy at the time.

Go meet your driver first. Tell her what you want to do and she'll help and guide you. 

Just now, dh842 said:

Go meet your driver first. Tell her what you want to do and she'll help and guide you. 

That's an excellent idea. Thanks!

6 hours ago, nekkid said:

I'm scheduled to arrive around 7 am so I hope the airport will not be too busy :Party1:at the time.

F*cking busy between 6am and 10am m8.

You will have to get into the country first and if you hit the chinese and russian flights you could be an hour to get through immigration.

Then you have your bags to collect. Get to your driver first as a matter of courtesy. You won't be asked for the fare upfront and i suggest waiting until your in Pattaya to get your money changed and you can get a sim card at one of the malls.

Thai's are relaxed about things and it won't be the first time a driver has done this.

If you want you could get some currency before you leave for Thailand. 

35 minutes ago, benny31 said:

F*cking busy between 6am and 10am m8.

Thanks for the warning!