Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Nam's Taxi Service

simguy_jp

I've used Nam exclusively for all my trips, and I have praised her a couple times on this thread already.  I'm curious if anyone has taken a trip back to BKK from Patts really late at night with her lady drivers? I'm flying out at 6 am from Swampy.

That time seems to be quite convenient for the drivers who have just delivered their customers who arrive at BKK between 23:00 and 24:00.

My flights from NRT always arrive around 23:30. Nam’s drivers drop me at my hotel at about 01:45, and a 02:00 fare back to the airport would seem to be ideal for them.
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, dh842 said:

How much do you guys usually tip the driver for the BKK-Patts trip? This based on it being an excellent ride.

100 always. 

One inconvenience of using Nam’s taxi or for that matter any taxi driven by a lady - you shouldn’t expect help with the luggage. Reasonably so, you can’t expect them to help lift those heavy bags in and out of the cab like their male counterparts. But again I’ve only had one instance where my bag was really heavy and I needed help. Mostly I’m on one week or less stay so can afford to travel really light, sometimes with only a carry on.

3 hours ago, dh842 said:

How much do you guys usually tip the driver for the BKK-Patts trip? This based on it being an excellent ride.

100baht

2 hours ago, dh842 said:

Usually 100 baht under normal circumstances. 

4 hours ago, vivid2 said:

That time seems to be quite convenient for the drivers who have just delivered their customers who arrive at BKK between 23:00 and 24:00.

My flights from NRT always arrive around 23:30. Nam’s drivers drop me at my hotel at about 01:45, and a 02:00 fare back to the airport would seem to be ideal for them.

24 hours a day same good service. I took the trip 4 am in morning and driver on time and ready

3 hours ago, Tarpon said:

Usually 100 baht under normal circumstances. 

I must be over generous, i always tip a minimum of 200 baht and on occasion i have given 1500 for a 1200 fare because i only had a 1000 and 500 baht note, it just seemed cheap to ask for change :D

• Like 3

One inconvenience of using Nam’s taxi or for that matter any taxi driven by a lady - you shouldn’t expect help with the luggage. Reasonably so, you can’t expect them to help lift those heavy bags in and out of the cab like their male counterparts.

I haven’t found that to be the case.....each lady driver has carried my heavy bag for me...even though it weighed in at 23 kgs. Her drivers are a lot stronger than we might think. [emoji123][emoji123]
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Shaygate said:

I must be over generous, i always tip a minimum of 200 baht and on occasion i have given 1500 for a 1200 fare because i only had a 1000 and 500 baht note, it just seemed cheap to ask for change :D

Normally, I give between zero and 200, depending on the level of service and, more so, the driving.

However, I did pay 1500 last time as the girl had to wait a long time for me at Swampy (and she drove well). It took me 50 minutes to get through Immigration.

2 hours ago, vivid2 said:

I haven’t found that to be the case.....each lady driver has carried my heavy bag for me...even though it weighed in at 23 kgs. Her drivers are a lot stronger than we might think. emoji123.pngemoji123.png

i never expect them to carry my bag even at a hotel i prefer to lug my own

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Shaygate said:

If the service is good (and it always had been) I tip 200.

On July 21, 2561 BE at 09:48, onehunglo said:

i never expect them to carry my bag even at a hotel i prefer to lug my own

well i just had my return trip to Swampy with NAM'S and as usual could not fault , the best around i recon

On 20/7/2018 at 05:52, onehunglo said:

100baht

i think 200 is a fair tip.

Edited by iron

On 20/07/2018 at 06:05, dh842 said:

200 baht.

On 7/20/2018 at 01:28, Shaygate said:

As our Thai lady friends might say, "same same me"

If I have a 1000-baht bill and four 100-baht bills, I will tip 200.  Otherwise, I just round up to 1500.  

On 7/20/2018 at 16:39, vivid2 said:

I haven’t found that to be the case.....each lady driver has carried my heavy bag for me...even though it weighed in at 23 kgs. Her drivers are a lot stronger than we might think. emoji123.pngemoji123.png

Again, same same me. 

I always try to load it myself, but they often take it from me before I have the chance

25 minutes ago, Luv2Phuket said:

If I have a 1000-baht bill and four 100-baht bills, I will tip 200.  Otherwise, I just round up to 1500.  
Again, same same me. 

I always try to load it myself, but they often take it from me before I have the chance

Same for me on the tipping, if I have the smaller bills, its 200 if not its 1,500 for a 300 baht tip.

Its also the same for me with all the Nam drivers, they won't even let me push the luggage cart out to the car park. When I try to put the luggage in the trunk/boot they move me out of the way and try to do it themselves before I stop them.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

On a different issue, hey, guys, can you guys please not book two taxis to make sure one will be there?

Sounds a bit daft, but here's the reason why I ask.

I got a message from Nam yesterday, who was quite upset, she just got off the phone with a customer, who really abused her.
This guy, native English speaker, had a week earlier phoned her to book a taxi to pick up his son, from a Pattaya hotel to return to the airport. She sent me the diary note she made from that call. So yesterday, one of her drivers went to the hotel, got there half an hour early.

Around the time of the pick up, Nam got this angry phone call from the dad who made the booking. He said "Why you send two taxis and ask double payment", and went on accusing her of trying to rip him of with some scam. Didn't stop shouting long enough for her to get in a word sideways.

She was then contacted by her driver, who said after she arrived, another taxi also arrived and claimed to have been booked by same passenger. That taxi was not sent by Nam, but proved to be sent by another booking agency and quoted the name of the passenger, said he made an online booking via the internet a few days earlier.
Not sure what happened here, my guess is Dad booked Nam's taxi for his son, maybe forgot to tell him until later, but if he did, maybe son thought "1200 bt? maybe I can get cheaper" and booked another cab online for 1100, not telling his dad.

I cannot understand what rude oaf would blame the taxi agency, after all, they were different companies. Nam does have an assistant taking bookings by email, but does all the driver allocation herself. She would not assign two drivers to one pick up, that simply makes no sense.
The upshot is one cabbie did not get paid for turning up and coming to pick up  customer, probably missing out on another job she could have made. And one booking lady who felt hurt at having been screamed at and being accused of trying to rip off a customer. "And I will tell all my friends about you, what a rip off you are", he shouted....
Go ahead, mate, tell everyone who will believe your cock and bull story. It is your kind of people that give farang a bad name with some of the service workers here...

When will farang learn that losing your temper does not achieve anything in Thailand, except make all locals lose any respect for you they may have had....
And making accusations based on assumption rather then fact just makes you look stupid...

Sorry, I just needed a rant on Nam's behalf.
Rant over, I can calm down.
That arrogant prick will get his comeuppance, Karma will eventually bite him in the tail.....

1 hour ago, Encora said:

On a different issue, hey, guys, can you guys please not book two taxis to make sure one will be there?

Sounds a bit daft, but here's the reason why I ask.

I got a message from Nam yesterday, who was quite upset, she just got off the phone with a customer, who really abused her.
This guy, native English speaker, had a week earlier phoned her to book a taxi to pick up his son, from a Pattaya hotel to return to the airport. She sent me the diary note she made from that call. So yesterday, one of her drivers went to the hotel, got there half an hour early.

Around the time of the pick up, Nam got this angry phone call from the dad who made the booking. He said "Why you send two taxis and ask double payment", and went on accusing her of trying to rip him of with some scam. Didn't stop shouting long enough for her to get in a word sideways.

She was then contacted by her driver, who said after she arrived, another taxi also arrived and claimed to have been booked by same passenger. That taxi was not sent by Nam, but proved to be sent by another booking agency and quoted the name of the passenger, said he made an online booking via the internet a few days earlier.
Not sure what happened here, my guess is Dad booked Nam's taxi for his son, maybe forgot to tell him until later, but if he did, maybe son thought "1200 bt? maybe I can get cheaper" and booked another cab online for 1100, not telling his dad.

I cannot understand what rude oaf would blame the taxi agency, after all, they were different companies. Nam does have an assistant taking bookings by email, but does all the driver allocation herself. She would not assign two drivers to one pick up, that simply makes no sense.
The upshot is one cabbie did not get paid for turning up and coming to pick up  customer, probably missing out on another job she could have made. And one booking lady who felt hurt at having been screamed at and being accused of trying to rip off a customer. "And I will tell all my friends about you, what a rip off you are", he shouted....
Go ahead, mate, tell everyone who will believe your cock and bull story. It is your kind of people that give farang a bad name with some of the service workers here...

When will farang learn that losing your temper does not achieve anything in Thailand, except make all locals lose any respect for you they may have had....
And making accusations based on assumption rather then fact just makes you look stupid...

That arrogant prick will get his comeuppance, Karma will eventually bite him in the tail.....

for my experiences with NAM'S TAXI , i personally cannot fault her she does a wonderful  job as do her drivers .

they have always been early at least half an hour . i always email to book with her as she prefers this way and also to compliment her on a job well done when finished . unfortunately some others don't think the same which in the end will give us all a bad name .

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Encora said:

A couple of thoughts:

- HOW is it a rip-off to send 2 taxis?  Only ONE of them is going to get paid.  Is the other one going to follow the first all of the way to BKK and demand payment there?!?  It just makes shit for sense to me how he could think this was some kind of scam.

- I hope that there is some kind of "taxi service network," where pricks like this guy can get blacklisted and NEVER be able to book a ride again.  At a minimum, I hope that Nam has blocked him on Line, noted his name and his son's name, and put them on a "do not service" list

• Like 3

Oh I have absolute faith in Nam's ability to remember that man's name and make sure that he never books another Nam Taxi.  She is without doubt one of the smartest people I have ever met.  She forgets nothing, nooooottthhhhhing.  As someone who has been in her dog box plenty trust me she will remember....

I tend to pay the driver 1500 baht, the extra really has no meaning to me and the margins for these taxi drivers especially in low season is not much. 

I pay them 2k to pick up my TGF and bring her to the airport so I can start the Pattaya cuddle while sitting in the back seat for the forever ride back to my home, VT6.

Also I have found them highly likely to push me aside to load my luggage.  

Joker...

BTW one of my favorite photo's of Nam...1020216.thumb.jpg.e96be77ca03d0ef7c1cda4f151234901.jpg

I'm another satisfied customer. I’ve used her service 7 times now, and it’s been flawless each time. Bam was waiting for me at the designated spot when I exited baggage claim late Tuesday night. She drove a brand new Fortuna, and had me safely at Areca Lodge 90 minutes later. She deserved my 300 baht tip. 300 baht doesn’t make a difference in my life, but it sure makes a difference in hers. Money well spent.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, onehunglo said:

for my experiences with NAM'S TAXI , i personally cannot fault her she does a wonderful  job as do her drivers .

they have always been early at least half an hour . i always email to book with her as she prefers this way and also to compliment her on a job well done when finished . unfortunately some others don't think the same which in the end will give us all a bad name .

I too have standardised on Nam's must have used them 30+ times, never disappointed, sometimes a cracking car (brand new high spec fortuner? ).

Always waiting for me, then pushing my wagon of stuff, fetching the car and trying to load a suitcase heavier than she.

Always driving safe although I am happier at 110-120 and used to the Thai undertaking allowed motorway.

Always know my address.

Now a confession to show that you do not need to be a 100% a'hole to fu a driver, 90% will do.

1 year I had booked with Meow for the first time.  There was driver with my (common) first name sign, into the taxi, resting in the back, paying respect to the Triumph factory etc.

Phone went, it was MY driver, "where are you" etc.  Now I hope that with my driver's help his client and the lady driver got together, intended to call in and pay whatever damages but never did.

My taxi was booked to the boat show, Ambassador way, perfectly happy to end in Jomtien for 1500.  Of course my real driver had my surname on her sign, sorry.

Booked Nam earlier this week. My flight was half an hour early and I was out less than 20 minutes after touchdown. The driver was waiting for me in the designated area with a printed sign. Took her 80 minutes to get me safely to my condo. All good. I tipped 200.

@guys I want to book Nam Taxi anyone can help with contact details line or tel? thx u