Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Brilliant taxi service - Meow

hggcraig

• 2 weeks later...

Meow is my first call.

A high-quality, service-oriented taxi I recommend with no reluctance or qualifications.  I have lived here for a long time now, and have been victimized by the worst of Thai companies across the entire business spectra.

Quality service and reliability are notably absent from the Thai business culture.  Those Thais who do grasp the value a farang places on quality service and reliability rise well above their competition .. this translates into the all important repeat business and referrals.

Meow is one of the few who really get it! .. she's earned my repeat business, and she will probably earn the repeat business of those to whom I endorse her.

I've a few 'go-to' Thai services in my contacts list .. under taxi service.  Meow is amongst the few meriting the list.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I used Meow Taxi for a trip to Koh Chang and back. I did not see or have a problem with the driver but the TG with me asked what I thought of him. I said he was fine and asked her why? She said she thought he was on some kind of drug because he was always fidgeting with something and the way he was acting.

But as I said I did not see a problem but I was not paying that much attention to him.

• 2 weeks later...

Shock ! Horror !, well not quite...........................................

I have used Meow for quite a while, of course its not always her but never had any issues until.................................

I arrived and was met by a pleasant enough guy at the airport but just as we were approaching Pattaya he took a turn off up to the left..

"Why are we going this way" I asked.

"Need LPG"

So off we went and then joined the fucking queue at the garage, just under 30 minutes later we were back heading for Pattaya.

Being stuck in traffic is not the drivers fault, not having enough gas is.

Next time I book with Meow I will say that the driver must have enough gas and if they dont then get it BEFORE they pick me up, not while I'm in the car.

This is the 1st its been anything other than seamless, never late and never stopped for gas before, nice clean cars and safe drivers + 900 to the airport and 1000 from..

I recommend Meow,s taxi service to anyone but now I'm adding the proviso that when you book tell her the driver must not stop for gas !

Yes, its a very minor irritant but none of us pays for cab to to do anything other than go directly from A to B, not via a petrol station.

I didn't bother to contact her afterwards as it would have been pointless, making the "no stopping for gas" point when booking is far more effective I think to make sure it never happens to any of us again.

totally agreed

i have used several drivers and they have had to stop for gas. what a joke.

You get gas before you pick me up. Simple//

Having said that I have used Meow once and had no problems. Fantastic service.

I need to book a taxi from BKK hotel to Patts on 27th of Jan but not sure if she does BKK hotels to Patts.

Xmas day to Pattaya. Jan 3rd to Bangkok. Both times really good non-aggressive drivers.

In the way to Pattaya I found out that it was Meow's friend' 10th trip since the previous day. They are very busy due to repeat customers. It's great to see someone succeed when they deserve it.

Big Yuley... I would say they do. Give her a yell about it.

Edited by hatguy

Xmas day to Pattaya. Jan 3rd to Bangkok. Both times really good non-aggressive drivers.

In the way to Pattaya I found out that it was Meow's friend' 10th trip since the previous day. They are very busy due to repeat customers. It's great to see someone succeed when they deserve it.

Big Yuley... I would say they do. Give her a yell about it.

Successful because she is not greedy

Example: she collected me last week and the tolls were free for New Year - when we arrived in Pattaya she said fare is less because not pay toll - I still paid her the normal amount - but honesty goes a long way with me

I need to book a taxi from BKK Hotel to Patts on 27th of Jan but not sure if she does BKK hotels to Patts.

She did for me before, so no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Great service yet again. Swampy airport -pattaya.. (1,000aht) .Pattaya - Bkk riverside ( 1200 baht ) Good motors, steady drivers. PUNCTIAL.

• 2 weeks later...

:hello09: Hi

Just to add my recommendation. :ThumbUp6:

Used her service only 3 times during recent stay (Swampy to Patts). :Flying:

Never met Meow in person (BTW: I’ve always thought I’m sexy :Agree1: ).

Contact email: [email protected] – always used email and response was quick.

Contact phone: Meow 08-5934-4475.

Rates: from BKK airport to Pattaya – 1,000 bath tolls include :Clap1:  (decent price, why pay more) – Tip up to you.

Meeting point: Gate 3 - Arrival floor 2nd floor - Stay inside –

Stay on the same floor - Don't go upstairs  or downstairs.

On you right hand side when you get into the airport hall (after Customs.)

Collect sign: was waiting for me with an A4 sheet with my name on it.

Car: Clean and newish Toyota Camry.

Driver: a friendly middle-aged man (wasn’t Meow).

Driver skills: :Cross_Fingers:

- No phone.

- No stop for gas.

- Use turn signals at the right time.

- Maximum speed: 110 km/h.

- Give space on the highway.

- Drive predictably. :Clap:

- No HJ, BJ, FS. :Crappy:

Advice:

When making your appointment make sure to specify:

- Camry please.

- No stop for gas.(don't make a documentary about gas stations) :Photo1:

- No Fu*king  asshole driver in the hurry the fu*k up. :NoNo3:

:Good_Post: That’s my two-penn'orth 55555

:Good_Night:

:hello09: Hi

Just to add my recommendation. :ThumbUp6:

Used her service only 3 times during recent stay (Swampy to Patts). :Flying:

Never met Meow in person (BTW: I’ve always thought I’m sexy :Agree1: ).

Contact email: [email protected] – always used email and response was quick.

Contact phone: Meow 08-5934-4475.

Rates: from BKK airport to Pattaya – 1,000 bath tolls include :Clap1:  (decent price, why pay more) – Tip up to you.

Meeting point: Gate 3 - Arrival floor 2nd floor - Stay inside –

Stay on the same floor - Don't go upstairs  or downstairs.

On you right hand side when you get into the airport hall (after Customs.)

Collect sign: was waiting for me with an A4 sheet with my name on it.

Car: Clean and newish Toyota Camry.

Driver: a friendly middle-aged man (wasn’t Meow).

Driver skills: :Cross_Fingers:

- No phone.

- No stop for gas.

- Use turn signals at the right time.

- Maximum speed: 110 km/h.

- Give space on the highway.

- Drive predictably. :Clap:

- No HJ, BJ, FS. :Crappy:

Advice:

When making your appointment make sure to specify:

- Camry please.

- No stop for gas.(don't make a documentary about gas stations) :Photo1:

- No Fu*king  asshole driver in the hurry the fu*k up. :NoNo3:

:Good_Post: That’s my two-penn'orth 55555

:Good_Night:

Along with other favourable comments on here,another reason for me to give her ago next time,was going to have a change after using mr T a number of times anyway,sounds a good service so why not? :)

used this service   ....they go the extra mile....my flight into Bangkok was changed...got into Thailand 4 hours late for my taxi...rang the lady to say sorry that I was late .....10 minute later ..the lady herself picked me up...great service.....great driver ...great car...

I would thoroughly endorse the previous comments , have used her 3 times previously and cannot speak highly enough of the service

Had a flight delay for 3 hrs and contacted her  and was still waiting Great service!!

• Like 2

Ive booked her for later this month to BKK, she told me that the price (900 baht) has gone up "little" but that I would still be charged 900 this time.

I didn't ask her what the "new" prices were for to or from Pattaya from the airport..

Anyone know ?

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

Ive booked her for later this month to BKK, she told me that the price (900 baht) has gone up "little" but that I would still be charged 900 this time.

I didn't ask her what the "new" prices were for to or from Pattaya from the airport..

Anyone know ?

Probably 1000

Probably 1000

Thats what I think.

1000 to and 1100 from probably, still good value and a good service though.

Used her for the first time last month. As per other comments she has a very nice car and drives it well

Meow is the lady on the right

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423053839.879318.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423053885.836337.jpg

Thats what I think.

1000 to and 1100 from probably, still good value and a good service though.

Took me from a/p for 1000 on Jan 23 and 1000 baht to a/p yesterday. Edited by sinbad5

Thanks.

I booked her on the 12th of Jan for later this month to the airport and that's when she said about the prices going up.

I think you must have booked her prior to her price increase from the airport and post it back to, as from the airport, due to parking charge and of course dead time waiting, its always more than to it.

Bottom line is 100 baht more is a trifling amount extra for what I've found to be a very good and reliable service.

Flew back from PP in December and not only was the flight take off delayed by almost 2 hours but DM was packed when we landed.

It took about 90 minutes from landing to clearing immigration, so around 3.5 hours late and the taxi was still waiting for me !

Sure I gave the driver a very decent tip but he wasn't to know that in advance.

Cant fault service like that !.

that's the car that picked me from the airport...nice car ..nice driver...

I have a question. I have only taken the Yellow/Red/Green whatever color taxis and Bell Bus to go from/to Pattaya, BKK, and Bangkok. I read numbers of BM posting here about Mr. T, Meow, or Nam. They are just some guy/girl have a car to make some money. They do not have the offical licence to carry passengers for hire, right?

Edited by matrix123

I have a question. I have only taken the Yellow/Red/Green whatever color taxis and Bell Bus to go from/to Pattaya, BKK, and Bangkok. I read numbers of BM posting here about Mr. T, Meow, or Nam. They are just some guy/girl have a car to make some money. They do not have the offical licence to carry passengers for hire, right?

I can only talk about Meow - I confirmed with her that all her drivers/colleagues have the correct insurance for carrying passengers - I would imagine Mr T has some kind of blanket policy - but remember this is Thailand...

I can only talk about Meow - I confirmed with her that all her drivers/colleagues have the correct insurance for carrying passengers - I would imagine Mr T has some kind of blanket policy - but remember this is Thailand...

I am sure he/she must have insurance but it could be just for a private car not for a commercial vehicle to carry passengers. I am not concern about the medical cost if I am in an accident. 3 weeks ago, I had a minor accident. I went to Pattaya International Hospital in Soi 4 three times. The biggest bill I got was 1800THB. The smallest was 210THB! If he/she do not have the proper "license", any serious accident (fatal, an arm or leg). Travel insurance will not cover.

.. in Pattaya for a few days only, I was called back to BKK on short notice .. e-mailed Meow late (2300+) describing the urgency and asking for a morning departure at 0900, and that I would call her in the morning.

.. called her at 0800, she asked a few more details, called me back 5 minutes later, and a car and driver was arranged to collect me at 0900.

.. I spied the driver, who arrived 15 minutes early, parked in front of the hotel .. smaller car, late model Civic I think, but clean and fully fuelled .. driver already had the coordinates on the obscure government office to which I was going in Din Daeng.

.. safe, courteous drive .. pit stop on the toll road for a drink of jet fuel and a breakfast sandwich at Starbucks.

.. all-in THB 1,200 + 150 tip.

.. this is Thailand, where these seemingly simple requests are generally a crap shoot .. so, it just doesn't get smoother and more reliable than that.

.. while I would have preferred a larger car, Meow delivered in extenuating circumstances with no drama at all .. still top on class service.

Edited by brutox

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Who's the one on the left? Looks bangable.

Mrs Bigbird .. Meow was to shy to have a photo by herself Edited by bigbird