IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

Well... the Thai embassy DID end up requesting the outbound flight information today. So I bought an onward ticket and sent the document through to their email. Hopefully they finish processing it in the next 12 hours because my flight is early tomorrow morning. For now it is still in "request document" status, fml. Either way, lesson learned on how much earlier I need to apply.

16 minutes ago, McFrosty said:

Well... the Thai embassy DID end up requesting the outbound flight information today. So I bought an onward ticket and sent the document through to their email. Hopefully they finish processing it in the next 12 hours because my flight is early tomorrow morning. For now it is still in "request document" status, fml. Either way, lesson learned on how much earlier I need to apply.

Are you from UK?

37 minutes ago, McFrosty said:

Well if it doesn’t come through in time I suppose you will enter on 30 day visa exemption..then get an extension at immigration?

Applied last night for a Non-B with all the letters and information from my new employers in Thailand. Nothing so far today. What’s the usual turnaround time for Non-B?

1 hour ago, taylor1975 said:

Are you from UK?

From US

47 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

Well if it doesn’t come through in time I suppose you will enter on 30 day visa exemption..then get an extension at immigration?

I suppose that I would have to get the 30 exemption but I'm not sure how or if I can get an extension of that. It will probably get approved or denied while Im in transit. Im sure this will be a mess when trying to go through immigration.

2 hours ago, McFrosty said:

The e-visa website does say evidence of a flight out of Thailand is required for the application 

1 hour ago, McFrosty said:

From US

I suppose that I would have to get the 30 exemption but I'm not sure how or if I can get an extension of that. It will probably get approved or denied while Im in transit. Im sure this will be a mess when trying to go through immigration.

I just got a 60 day without proof of onward travel. UK & US obviously do it differently.

From US

I am from the Uk I see you are from the US.I think Our countries have similar visa arrangements with Thailand. I was going to get the tourist E visa but booked my flight last minute and flew the next day.Entered on Friday 24th June with 30 days.Then because immigration closed on the Saturday/ Sunday went to Jomtien immigration to inform them I would be requiring an extension at end of 30 days.

They noted where I was staying and put a small form inside my passport called “Receipt of notification” with an immigration stamp on it.So hopefully my extension later in month should be ok.

How long were you in “Pending Approval” after the “Pending Documents Check” Was completed?  

They finally emailed me the 60 day tourist visa while I was in flight. No issues showing the visa to immigration on my phone. Now I just have to figure out when to apply for the extension and what to do after the 90 days. Do I have to fly out and spend three weeks elsewhere while I re-apply or what are my options trying to stick around longer.

On 13/07/2022 at 00:55, Gonetothedogs said:

How long were you in “Pending Approval” after the “Pending Documents Check” Was completed?  

I think it was pretty much immediate once they checked the last document that they requested. I got an email warning that they can take up to 5 business days after receiving the document but it took them less than a day and they issued it immediately. 

• Like 2

just have to figure out when to apply for the extension and what to do after the 90 days. Do I have to fly out and spend three weeks elsewhere while I re-apply or what are my options trying to stick around longer

You should have a 60 day entry stamp in your passport. Get the extension a week or two before that date (it's added on top of the "admitted until" date. So no problem doing this in good time.) Btw, for general info, always!! check the stamp before leaving the immigration area. Mistakes happen. And if there is a problem it's best to have it fixed before moving on.

Going to another country is indeed an option. But there's no three week rule. You could also convert to a different visa type while you're here. Education/volunteer/marriage/retirement/elite. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, McFrosty said:

They finally emailed me the 60 day tourist visa while I was in flight. No issues showing the visa to immigration on my phone. Now I just have to figure out when to apply for the extension and what to do after the 90 days. Do I have to fly out and spend three weeks elsewhere while I re-apply or what are my options trying to stick around longer.

I think it was pretty much immediate once they checked the last document that they requested. I got an email warning that they can take up to 5 business days after receiving the document but it took them less than a day and they issued it immediately. 

Thanks 

been stuck on pending for 2 days now, but remembered it’s a holiday in Thailand and they embassy observes all Thai and UK holidays 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m trying to get back up to speed on the Thailand e-visa process. From what I can read online it appears that only the vaccination proof is now required and the Thailand pass is gone. Please correct me if I’m mistaken.

Thailand's Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has approved the removal of Thailand Pass and the US$10,000 health insurance requirement for foreign visitors, effective 1 July 2022.

I am assuming that there is still a requirement for some basic health insurance. Sounds like the 30 day tourist visa requirements are similar for the 60 day visa.

Edited by ctp2018

1 hour ago, ctp2018 said:

I am assuming that there is still a requirement for some basic health insurance. Sounds like the 30 day tourist visa requirements are similar for the 60 day visa.

What are the requirements for the visa you mentioned? 

Applied on 7/14 for my 60 day Tourist Visa through e-Visa and it was processed by Los Angelas Consulate.  They came back twice for extra documents with the last being submitted late Friday.  10:00 a.m Monday received the visa via email.  Outstanding.  😀😀

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Bob4678 said:

Applied on 7/14 for my 60 day Tourist Visa through e-Visa and it was processed by Los Angelas Consulate.  They came back twice for extra documents with the last being submitted late Friday.  10:00 a.m Monday received the visa via email.  Outstanding.  😀😀

what documents did you have to submit or resubmit that you didn't get right on the 1st try?

also remind me on this tourist visa  is it applicable from date u get Visa or date u enter?   I know with multiple entry it's from date its rcvd.

thanks for the heads up 

3 minutes ago, HimBadMan said:

what documents did you have to submit or resubmit that you didn't get right on the 1st try?

also remind me on this tourist visa  is it applicable from date u get Visa or date u enter?   I know with multiple entry it's from date its rcvd.

thanks for the heads up 

The visa is valid for 3 months from the date that the Embassy stamps it, i.e. you have to enter Thailand during that 3 months.

When you do enter Thailand you will be given 60 days permission to stay, this can be extended by 30 days.

Thought this might be informational of my path to Tourist Visa:

I posted the below on another website as being what the E-visa wanted as supporting documents before you could submit the application.  I could not contact them by phone and walking in is prohibited.

Once I did the below, I submitted.  They came back with this:

Dear Applicant, 

Please provide your recent bank statement showing a balance of at least $700US, your itinerary showing flight information (flight number, dates, etc.) for flights from the U.S. to Thailand & flight out of Thailand, and hotel confirmation for the duration of your stay (8/17 to 10/13) that shows visa applicant's name. You can e-mail the missing document(s) (no screenshots please) to [email protected] with subject heading ***ADD Doc For ***

*Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Best wishes,
E-Visa Team”

Got it all resubmitted and the final request was for the Declaration form that I forgot to sign originally.

Total cost was $40.  Cool.  

Please let me know any other questions.  

Update:  No travel agents have any updated knowledge of how to navigate the Thai E Visa site.  Worked with five of them.

Right now, you must download 11 supporting documents for the visa request to be submitted.  The documents are below:

- Bio Page of Passport

- Passport Photo 

- Declaration

- Travel/Flight Booking

- Proof of Accommodations

- Bank Statement

- Copy of license

- Flights. Redundant from above

- Passport pages for international travel for last year

- Driver’s license.  Redundant from above

- Picture with me holding passport info page

In the application, you identify the Thai Consulate that serves your area and THEY process the application.  The purpose of the driver’s license is to identify the right consulate.  You cannot get in touch by phone and no walk-in is allowed.

Anyway, I spent three hours yesterday working diligently taking pictures, making reservations and downloading one page in each category.  It was challenging as I am not a “download” knowledge kind of guy.  Lol.

“i was successful in submitting my application for the Tourist Visa and it is in processing as of 7/15.  I fly out on the 16th if August so plenty of time.  Figure they will come back and want more stuff but p, at least, I got the process started.  

Proof of accommodation for entire stay is fucking ridiculous, but TIT. I usually know where I’m staying the first week, but prefer to keep my options open for the remainder of my trip. I usually don’t even decide what parts of the country I’m going to visit until I’m there. Guess I’ll just book cancellable reservations to satisfy whatever clown came up with that one.

55 minutes ago, bgtp said:

Proof of accommodation for entire stay is fucking ridiculous, but TIT. I usually know where I’m staying the first week, but prefer to keep my options open for the remainder of my trip. I usually don’t even decide what parts of the country I’m going to visit until I’m there. Guess I’ll just book cancellable reservations to satisfy whatever clown came up with that one.

Definitely a pain but worth it to get back to beautiful Thailand.  I used Bookings.com to book 60 days at LK the Empress.  I will move around between VT6, LK and Areca.  Three weeks to go.  😀😀

8 hours ago, bgtp said:

I stay monthly rates at a guesthouse, a buddy lives there and I message him with dates to pass to the proprietor. All I get is "she says yes".

Will book a few days via B**king dot com and cancel after receiving confirmation.

8 hours ago, bgtp said:

This isn't an issue at all. At many hotels you have to pay when you arrive there and they also have a zero cost cancellation fee.

So you can just make a reservation for 2 months. Send it to the embassy to get your visa approved and then after that cancel your hotel reservation.

Problem solved

• Like 2

Far easier to enter visa exempt and extend it 30 days or do a border run than go through this nonsense.

I used TV's all the time when they had Consulates in the UK but I won't be using E-Visa unless they drop all the bs.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bgtp said:

Where does it say entire stay? ...i didn't need that (UK applicant)