Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

25 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

Where does it say entire stay? ...i didn't need that (UK applicant)

The post preceding mine, by a US applicant. Different embassies and consulates have different requirements because TIT and they can’t have any consistency. Friends and I have discussed on numerous occasions some of the seemingly nonsensical requirements for long visits and stays trying to decide if the Thai authorities don’t realize how stupid some of their requirements are or if they do realize it and just enjoy messing with us.

No big deal here as I can book accommodations, get the visa and cancel my bookings later. Of course, that’s just another reason why this particular requirement is ridiculous. Nice for you that your embassy or consulate has enough sense not to ask for this.

8 minutes ago, bgtp said:

The post preceding mine, by a US applicant. Different embassies and consulates have different requirements because TIT and they can’t have any consistency. Friends and I have discussed on numerous occasions some of the seemingly nonsensical requirements for long visits and stays trying to decide if the Thai authorities don’t realize how stupid some of their requirements are or if they do realize it and just enjoy messing with us.

No big deal here as I can book accommodations, get the visa and cancel my bookings later. Of course, that’s just another reason why this particular requirement is ridiculous. Nice for you that your embassy or consulate has enough sense not to ask for this.

I probably just ignored it, if it was asked. They can only ask you to send them proof, then do your cancellation thing. I wouldn't be offering it up at the start though. Nothing to be gained there.

They didn't like the screenshot of my savings account - needed name & address on it. What a joke over £500 proof.

3 hours ago, columbus said:

Far easier to enter visa exempt and extend it 30 days or do a border run than go through this nonsense.

I used TV's all the time when they had Consulates in the UK but I won't be using E-Visa unless they drop all the bs.

I plan to stay 90 days.  TV makes that easy with just a run to Jomtien immigration for 1900 Baht extension.  Border run costs way more and takes way more time than simply providing documents in my humble opinion.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

I probably just ignored it, if it was asked. They can only ask you to send them proof, then do your cancellation thing. I wouldn't be offering it up at the start though. Nothing to be gained there.

They didn't like the screenshot of my savings account - needed name & address on it. What a joke over £500 proof.

The UK visa application didn't need all 60 days of accommodation pre-booked in Nov 2021, I just gave details of my 1st night only

If you send a bank statement with no proof that it belonged to you, surely you would expect it to be rejected  ?, as it doesn't prove that the money is yours  :), you could have just printed it off the internet  :)

19 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

If you send a bank statement with no proof that it belonged to you, surely you would expect it to be rejected  ?, as it doesn't prove that the money is yours  :), you could have just printed it off the internet  :)

It was a screenshot from my banking app, with my name on it. But, no address and screenshot not allowed. Had to download a statement. A bit overkill for £500 of proof IMO.

22 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

It was a screenshot from my banking app, with my name on it. But, no address and screenshot not allowed. Had to download a statement. A bit overkill for £500 of proof IMO.

Yep, same thing.  No screenshots allowed.  After I did my initial app, they advised me what they really wanted as follows:

Dear Applicant, 

Please provide your recent bank statement showing a balance of at least $700US, your itinerary showing flight information (flight number, dates, etc.) for flights from the U.S. to Thailand & flight out of Thailand, and hotel confirmation for the duration of your stay (8/17 to 10/13) that shows visa applicant's name. You can e-mail the missing document(s) (no screenshots please) to [email protected] with subject heading ***ADD Doc For ***”

5 hours ago, columbus said:

Far easier to enter visa exempt and extend it 30 days or do a border run than go through this nonsense.

I used TV's all the time when they had Consulates in the UK but I won't be using E-Visa unless they drop all the bs.

Always a risk of the airline denying boarding, flight out within 30 days is a condition of visa exempt entry.

6 minutes ago, bangna said:

Always a risk of the airline denying boarding, flight out within 30 days is a condition of visa exempt entry.

I will be entering on Tourist Visa.  Never say never but anything could happen.  555.  If they did try to deny boarding, I would step out of line and buy a quick “throw-away” ticket for a few bucks.  Always a way.  😀😀

can anybody tele if you have a E-Visa , I know you get admitted to the lounge ( I presume Thailand on leaving ) but can you enter the lounge in your home country when heading to Thailand ? from what and the way I read it ,  it doesn't say .... cheers

21 minutes ago, Bob4678 said:

I will be entering on Tourist Visa.  Never say never but anything could happen.  555.  If they did try to deny boarding, I would step out of line and buy a quick “throw-away” ticket for a few bucks.  Always a way.  😀😀

I quoted columbus who wrote "Far easier to enter visa exempt and extend it 30 days or do a border run than go through this nonsense."

That runs the risk of being denied boarding.

1 hour ago, onehunglo said:

can anybody tele if you have a E-Visa , I know you get admitted to the lounge ( I presume Thailand on leaving ) but can you enter the lounge in your home country when heading to Thailand ? from what and the way I read it ,  it doesn't say .... cheers

What has the lounge got to do with e-visa?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, penboy said:

What has the lounge got to do with e-visa?

seems like he's confusing e-visa with elite Visa.. @onehunglo they are not one in the same.

2 hours ago, bangna said:

I quoted columbus who wrote "Far easier to enter visa exempt and extend it 30 days or do a border run than go through this nonsense."

That runs the risk of being denied boarding.

Only if he turns up for his flight to Thailand, without a flight booking leaving Thailand within 30 days

2 hours ago, HimBadMan said:

seems like he's confusing e-visa with elite Visa.. @onehunglo they are not one in the same.

I meant ELITE VISA

7 hours ago, bgtp said:

I've applied and received TR e-visa in December 2021 and again in April 2022. Both time I just submitted the first few day booked hotel and it was accepted. My consulate is Chicago office, so even in the same country (USA) there are different rules.

I've stayed in Thailand for 5 1/2 months this year and I would like to apply for another 2 month TR visa for Sept - Nov visit. Wonder if there is a time limit you can stay in Thailand per year ? Somewhere I heard of 6 months and hoping that this is not true ? Does anyone know ?

45 minutes ago, h.harris said:

I've stayed in Thailand for 5 1/2 months this year and I would like to apply for another 2 month TR visa for Sept - Nov visit. Wonder if there is a time limit you can stay in Thailand per year ? Somewhere I heard of 6 months and hoping that this is not true ? Does anyone know ?

it's hard to get a real answer. The 180 days in 1 year rule technically was eliminated..   but thai immigration officer has all the power to deny your entry or allow you in..   They can determine whether you are in thailand too often.  They are empowered to do so.    I think all the documents say so as well.    They all say something like. "up to the immigration officer".

so to answer.  Tourists can stay indefinitely – technically..  🤣

Edited by HimBadMan

Pretty simple question, is the 30 day exempt visa still intact as previously enacted (passport from an authorized country, round-trip ticket, minimal health insurance). I assume you’re not required to show any Bank statements.

Edited by ctp2018
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

Pretty simple question, is the 30 day exempt visa still intact as previously enacted (passport from an authorized country, round-trip ticket, minimal health insurance). I assume you’re not required to show any Bank statements.

Yes, the 30 day visa exempt is still intact.  

My understanding is that no insurance is required for visa exempt entry and Immigration can always ask for proof of 20k Baht for entry but rarely does so.  

6 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

The 30 day visa-exemption is still in place for tourists from all eligible countries

Please note that this a thread about the 60 day Tourist Visa, which is something completely different  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Applied for 60 day tourist visa (UK citizen). I included a hotel booking for 3 days only, will cancel now I have visa.

Submitted application Tuesday 2nd at 13.30. Received email advising visa granted o n Thursday 4th at 20.15. All times are BST.

How long does it usually take?  I applied for a 60 day tourist visa 12 days ago and the status still says "Pending Document Check".  So it doesn't appear as if anyone has even looked at it yet.

I'm sure it varies a lot by which consulate/embassy it goes through but 12 days seems like an excessively long time to not even have anyone check the documents yet.  I still have a few more weeks but I hate not knowing what is going on or how much longer it will take.  My airline always checks for a visa if I go for more than 30 days.

Edited by Kale

10 hours ago, Kale said:

How long does it usually take?  I applied for a 60 day tourist visa 12 days ago and the status still says "Pending Document Check".  So it doesn't appear as if anyone has even looked at it yet.

I'm sure it varies a lot by which consulate/embassy it goes through but 12 days seems like an excessively long time to not even have anyone check the documents yet.  I still have a few more weeks but I hate not knowing what is going on or how much longer it will take.  My airline always checks for a visa if I go for more than 30 days.

Although you don't indicate which embassy has responsibility, it sounds as though your application has fallen into a black hole. I would enter a second application.

6 hours ago, bangna said:

Although you don't indicate which embassy has responsibility, it sounds as though your application has fallen into a black hole. I would enter a second application.

You are required to pay a non-refundable fee when you submit it.  I would have to pay again if I file another application, so that doesn't sound like a practical solution to me.  I did email them and will also give them a call to see if I can give them a nudge. 

Worst case I could buy a throwaway ticket and go the visa waiver on arrival route and then extend.  I would also try dispute the credit card charge for the e-Visa application to see if I could get that back.  I think they will probably eventually get to it. It is definitely in their e-visa system waiting for processing.  I don't think it has fallen into any black hole.

Edited by Kale

3 hours ago, Kale said:

You are required to pay a non-refundable fee when you submit it.  I would have to pay again if I file another application, so that doesn't sound like a practical solution to me.

Good point, I was thinking of the problems earlier with Thai Pass, a free document.

Apologies and good luck.