IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

2 minutes ago, tonyacat said:

How does onwardticket.com work? Do I need to pay a full fee and get a refund, because I will not really use this onward ticket?

I am applying a 60-day tourist visa, may extend staying for a few more weeks after the original 60 days (but yet to decide). A lot of considerations for the length of staying. Will the bars and agogos really be allowed to reopen & from when exactly, any other opening hr & alcohol restrictions in town, fun or not? The flip-flop of the authority has put too much uncertainty to tourists' decision😣 

No need to do anything but pay your $12 to buy the ticket. The trick is that it's a real ticket that can be backed up via a computer check, but don't forget that it has a time limit before disappearing into the ether, it must be valid for when you travel.

4 minutes ago, tonyacat said:

How does onwardticket.com work?

I believe the fee is smaller. I also believe it's shady. And I wouldn't touch it. I'd buy a cheap burner ticket within 60 days.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

18 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

I believe the fee is smaller. I also believe it's shady. And I wouldn't touch it. I'd buy a cheap burner ticket within 60 days.

How is it shady? You legally own the ticket.

A few years back when I was doing tourist visas, there was a lot of trouble with some of these services. Can't remember if this one was specifically mentioned. But even short of that, I wouldn't touch it because it's circumventing requirements.

2 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

e-visa granted just over 2 days after submitting the application, faster than I expected

I applied on Saturday and received it late evening yesterday. Sounds like the same experience as you. TP next :unsure:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

e-visa granted just over 2 days after submitting the application, faster than I expected

3 hours ago, penboy said:

I applied on Saturday and received it late evening yesterday. Sounds like the same experience as you. TP next :unsure:

When do you guys fly?  I ask as maybe they are prioritising them as I've been waiting 2 weeks now (fly on the 4 Dec).

Edited by Gone-east
  • Sad 1

Sent my application and payment on Friday evening got it all approved on Monday very efficient for me, not flying untill the 29th of November and thankfully have my TP and Visa sorted, thanks in part to the advice on here about the correct way to apply and such.

Edited by ngmassive

24 minutes ago, Gone-east said:

When do you guys fly?  I ask as maybe they are prioritising them as I've been waiting 2 weeks now (fly on the 4 Dec).

Dec 16th,

Either phone them or email them ASAP.

2 minutes ago, penboy said:

Dec 16th,

Either phone them or email them ASAP.

Cheers.

23 minutes ago, ngmassive said:

Sent my application and payment on Friday evening got it all approved on Monday very efficient for me, not flying untill the 29th of November and thankfully have my TP and Visa sorted, thanks in part to the advice on here about the correct way to apply and such.

Thats good news to have both sorted.So what did you do for the question about accommodation.Did you just put the date of one night hotel stay we have to do on arrival.I usually don’t sort out my accommodation until I get there.

5 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

Thats good news to have both sorted.So what did you do for the question about accommodation.Did you just put the date of one night hotel stay we have to do on arrival.I usually don’t sort out my accommodation until I get there.

Yes mate I have only booked 1 night test and go on Agoda not pre paid for and that was accepted for TP and the Visa, I didn't want to add anything else because my plans for the trip are flexible on where I will be staying.

2 hours ago, Gone-east said:

I'm flying out on 5th January next year. 

Perhaps give them a call & see if theres a problem

Edited by jaynewcastle

1 hour ago, Gaztop08 said:

I just loaded my 1st night hotel & test details.,  I have 10 different hotels booked for my 7 week trip & wasn't going to upload all that on a single page :)

On 14/11/2021 at 03:39, Thomaz73 said:

Up to you.  It is as legit as a burner ticket imo, at far less cost.

Edited by Kale

6 minutes ago, Kale said:

Up to you.  It is as legit as a burner ticket imo, at far less cost.

I'm flying out of UK on the 16th Dec. I could buy a 12Euro ticket a week before the flight and I would need to select ''valid for 14 days'' in order to keep Emirates check-in staff happy?

On 16/11/2021 at 07:09, jaynewcastle said:

On 16/11/2021 at 09:19, penboy said:

Got me me evisa this morning. :) 

Could you guys advise me if on your visas your first name and surname are written in reverse? Both my first name and surname can be either first names or surnames and Thai's frequently get them mixed up.

My visa states Dear Duck Donald*, I have emailed them but I suspect I could be in for a long wait.

* not my real name, just an example. :D

1 minute ago, jaynewcastle said:

My name is written in reverse on my visa too, just the way it is in Asia  :)

Thank you. :)

• Like 1

On 14/11/2021 at 13:28, Thomaz73 said:

A few years back when I was doing tourist visas, there was a lot of trouble with some of these services. Can't remember if this one was specifically mentioned. But even short of that, I wouldn't touch it because it's circumventing requirements.

There is nothing wrong with the e visas. I traveled to Laos with my e visa and everything went perfectly fine. Before I had a positive experience traveling to Indonesia as well. It is a pity you had a negative experience but I guess it was just an exception.

6 hours ago, cregwillis said:

There is nothing wrong with the e visas

Correct! My comment was about using "fake" onward travel services. I would always be a cheap real ticket for that requirement.

I am wondering if there are any general guidelines as to which RTE you should select for the application in your home country?

I assume you need to have some hotel reservation, and airline ticket already procured before you start the E visa process? 

7 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Correct! My comment was about using "fake" onward travel services. I would always be a cheap real ticket for that requirement.

I'm looking for one that shows departing Thailand in January. What is the cheapest you have found?

3 minutes ago, penboy said:

I'm looking for one that shows departing Thailand in January. What is the cheapest you have found?

To Singapore: Air Asia £39; Scoot £42.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

36 minutes ago, penboy said:

Thanks, Davidge! It's not something I'm keeping much of an eye on these days, as I'm already here :) 
Singapore is indeed a common burner ticket. I would check Phnom Penh and maybe Kuala Lumpur as well. Maybe a quid or two to be saved.