IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

11 minutes ago, Gaztop08 said:

I was going to ask the question of where these Tourist e visas are processed.You think the consulates handle them or they done centrally in Bangkok?

Like you said prefer the old system of visa in passport first then book flight.I’m interested in visa process time as I would like sometime in the future to get flight and visa done with 2/3 days notice but not sure if that would be possible.

Although there’s a central online system visas are still actually processed by the respective Embassies. Different Embassies can have different requirements to others as well.

The Thailand Pass, on the other hand, is processed in Bangkok.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 hours ago, poseidon5566 said:

What are all these slots. I'm applying for a 60day single entry tourist visa, did I click the wrong button ?

IMG_20220611_190423_271.jpg

IMG_20220611_190414_945.jpg

I can't even find the cost of the 60 day single entry, all the links they provide are nonsense. Do you know how much? How did you pay? Are you a brit?

I assume they don't ask for bank statement as it actually says in the notes!

Are you expecting to wait a few days for this to be agreed, then when it is, you do the thai pass thing?

Cheers

Edited by taylor1975

It cost me 30 pounds sterling payment was debit card at the end. They do ask for a bank statement what I did not do was disclose my Thai bank account as I'm not confident how that will end and I am British. I honestly have no idea of it it will go through and they asked for lots of documents that are totally irrelevant to the requirements. As for the Thai pass I can't apply for it yet it will only allow max 4 weeks in advance 

Unfortunately I can only speak about the visa process with thai embassy in germany. On their webstie they list up all available different types of visa and which documents are required to apply for it:

http://german.thaiembassy.de/visaarten-und-erforderliche-unterlagen

for Tourist Visa: http://german.thaiembassy.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Tourist-Visa-TR-Touristm-Leisure-activities-5.pdf

This was pretty helpful for me during the online application and maybe other embassies provides the same informations for their countries.

While I gree 100% that they ask for a lot of documents, in the end the whole process was quite comfortable for me and way better than appliying on premise

• Like 2

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

3 hours ago, Zauberfee said:

Unfortunately I can only speak about the visa process with thai embassy in germany. On their webstie they list up all available different types of visa and which documents are required to apply for it:

http://german.thaiembassy.de/visaarten-und-erforderliche-unterlagen

for Tourist Visa: http://german.thaiembassy.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/Tourist-Visa-TR-Touristm-Leisure-activities-5.pdf

This was pretty helpful for me during the online application and maybe other embassies provides the same informations for their countries.

While I gree 100% that they ask for a lot of documents, in the end the whole process was quite comfortable for me and way better than appliying on premise

I love that they ask your country to complete in English given the connection with Germany Thailand has and that the consulate is in Germany. You'd assume they would accept duetsche

8 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

I can't even find the cost of the 60 day single entry, all the links they provide are nonsense. Do you know how much? How did you pay? Are you a brit?

I assume they don't ask for bank statement as it actually says in the notes!

Are you expecting to wait a few days for this to be agreed, then when it is, you do the thai pass thing?

Cheers

4B16152E-1014-4D31-B9CC-F08D672EB941.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, davidge said:

4B16152E-1014-4D31-B9CC-F08D672EB941.jpeg

Ah! how weird, i saw that table but it didn't have the fee column on my tablet screen ...i shall use a laptop in future. Thanks!

I am thinking with what I understand the new rules to be (can't wait for next week 😒) that given my situation, I might be best off entering Thailand on a 30 day Tourist Visa. This keeps me out of any Embassy/Consulate e-visa stuff. I just need to make sure that I have what is required at the time I reenter Thailand. I can then hustle my butt over to my agent the very next day and get her working on the various extensions required to take me to a Non-Im O, which hopefully will still not have an insurance requirement.

I am also thinking that I should wait on my Vietnam border run until just before my current Non-IM OA permission to stay expires. I am reading that the Thai government wants to keep loosening the entry requirements. Yes, they talk about a lot of things that never happen.    

6 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I am thinking with what I understand the new rules to be (can't wait for next week 😒) that given my situation, I might be best off entering Thailand on a 30 day Tourist Visa. This keeps me out of any Embassy/Consulate e-visa stuff. I just need to make sure that I have what is required at the time I reenter Thailand. I can then hustle my butt over to my agent the very next day and get her working on the various extensions required to take me to a Non-Im O, which hopefully will still not have an insurance requirement.

I am also thinking that I should wait on my Vietnam border run until just before my current Non-IM OA permission to stay expires. I am reading that the Thai government wants to keep loosening the entry requirements. Yes, they talk about a lot of things that never happen.    

A friend is entering on a 30-day Visa Exempt next Wednesday and has an agent lined up to get him the Non O. I’ll try and remember to update on here in about 3 weeks.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, davidge said:

A friend is entering on a 30-day Visa Exempt next Wednesday and has an agent lined up to get him the Non O. I’ll try and remember to update on here in about 3 weeks.

Muchisimas gracias.

On 11/06/2022 at 19:17, davidge said:

The system shows the same questions for all visas. Most are irrelevant for a Tourist Visa. It’s a crap system.

Question 9: put your hotel name.

10. Blank page from passport or N/A.

11. Passport info page.

8. N/A.

Did this and visa is a approved. Quite happy today thank you

• Like 2

6 hours ago, poseidon5566 said:

Did this and visa is a approved. Quite happy today thank you

Cool. I guess 3 working days were needed? I think you did it at the weekend.

On 12/06/2022 at 04:35, taylor1975 said:

Ah! how weird, i saw that table but it didn't have the fee column on my tablet screen ...i shall use a laptop in future. Thanks!

Try rotating your tablet from portrait to landscape......it will show the complete document.

41 minutes ago, vivid2 said:

Try rotating your tablet from portrait to landscape......it will show the complete document.

It did lol. Not obvious that the table was longer. I thought each number (1 to 12) was a hyperlink to the price ...or something 

3 hours ago, taylor1975 said:

Cool. I guess 3 working days were needed? I think you did it at the weekend.

2 days was sent on weekend

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The adventure begins I've just relised an extra number has been added to the visa approval. FFS 

7 hours ago, poseidon5566 said:

The adventure begins I've just relised an extra number has been added to the visa approval. FFS 

Sounds intriguing, what was the extra digit on the visa approval ?, and is it a problem at all  ?

12 hours ago, jaynewcastle said:

Sounds intriguing, what was the extra digit on the visa approval ?, and is it a problem at all  ?

So the number at the bottom f the passport and the passport number are the same except the one a t the bottom has an extra number just before the GB letters. the embassy wont pick up the phone and im convinced if i go down there i will be turned away. So i have emailed and am now waiting a week for a response if i dont here anything after 2 weeks i will have to go down in person to at least the current visa cancelled then reapply i guess. what I don't expect is a response where they simply delete the extra digit because that would be sensible  

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my tourist evisa processed in a day. Very happy compared to the old snail mail method.

Wanted to pop in and add some notes for you all...

1.) Tried it on Safari for iPad and it was a wash, kept crashing.

2.) Chrome on PC was much better.

3.) On neither device, browser could I ever successfully get back into an unfinished application.

4.) For this reason, I recommend you go through all the way to step 4, see the required documents, gather everything and be ready to submit in one go.

Any questions, feel free to ask. 

Submitted a 60 day TR today. It was £30. Used chrome on a laptop. Had a weird problem whereby i could get password reset email, but not activation email. 

Needed a printer for the declaration form and the crappy resolution camera on my tablet to take pics, due to size limits. Daft questions were annoying.

To top it off - £1,300 for economy flight with emirates. And thats for one way! Mustn't grumble lol

Pre-booking everything seems a massive waste of money if you have no idea what they are going to approve in the first place. Am I really supposed to pre-book several flights out of the country for each of the scenarios that THEY will decide? 

I've applied for a 60 day TR visa with intent to extend 30. I didn't upload the "flight out" when I paid for the application so I'm guessing that's why its taking so long for "processing document check". My flight into BKK is on the 12th so not a lot of time to sort this out. I may have to downgrade my trip to visa exemption with intent to stay 30 plus 30 extension. How in the hell am I supposed to buy an outbound ticket as required if I have no idea what they are going to approve? Flights with "changes allowed" seem to increase the cost more than buying multiple tickets to nearby locations. Onwardticket.com tickets are only valid 48 hours so I'm not confident in how that helps. Even the 14 day one is only good for one approved scenario.

Is my solution to purchase three separate tickets out to Phnom Penh for each 30/60/90 day scenario?

43 minutes ago, McFrosty said:

Pre-booking everything seems a massive waste of money if you have no idea what they are going to approve in the first place. Am I really supposed to pre-book several flights out of the country for each of the scenarios that THEY will decide? 

I've applied for a 60 day TR visa with intent to extend 30. I didn't upload the "flight out" when I paid for the application so I'm guessing that's why its taking so long for "processing document check". My flight into BKK is on the 12th so not a lot of time to sort this out. I may have to downgrade my trip to visa exemption with intent to stay 30 plus 30 extension. How in the hell am I supposed to buy an outbound ticket as required if I have no idea what they are going to approve? Flights with "changes allowed" seem to increase the cost more than buying multiple tickets to nearby locations. Onwardticket.com tickets are only valid 48 hours so I'm not confident in how that helps. Even the 14 day one is only good for one approved scenario.

Is my solution to purchase three separate tickets out to Phnom Penh for each 30/60/90 day scenario?

Yes, they managed to make the e-visa process even more of a hassle in some ways with the the additional requirements.  The multi-entry is especially annoying now. They say they want you to provide your entire intinerary for each exit/entry in advance.  Very few people will plan all that in advance.

I will be surprised if you get approved without having any onward/return ticket in your application.  I think they are pretty strict about that but who knows.  Even if they approve it your airline may not let you on the flight without an onward ticket that meets the visa requirements, so I would use onwardticket.com to get an onward reservation at a minimum.

Edited by Kale

2 hours ago, McFrosty said:

I have just had a 60 day tourist visa approved....with only a one way ticket and no exit proof.

It took 1 week to get approved.

2 hours ago, Kale said:

Even if they approve it your airline may not let you on the flight without an onward ticket that meets the visa requirements, so I would use onwardticket.com to get an onward reservation at a minimum.

Airline check in only concerned about you being let into thailand. He will have a visa, therefore he's in ...so airline not interested. Visa exempt is a different story. 

On 07/07/2022 at 13:47, taylor1975 said:

Airline check in only concerned about you being let into thailand. He will have a visa, therefore he's in ...so airline not interested. Visa exempt is a different story. 

Back in 2016, I had a tourist visa. Departing the USA, the airline wanted to see a ticket out of Thailand within 60 days from arrival. Since I had one I showed it. I don’t know what they would have done if I didn’t have one. On prior trips, I was fine with just a tourist visa. On one of those prior trips, the gate agent asked for a ticket out within 60 days. I didn’t have one and said that it shouldn’t be required since I have a visa and she said OK and let me go.