Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

48 minutes ago, davidge said:

To Singapore: Air Asia £39; Scoot £42.

Thanks, I've done Phuket to Singapore, £43. It's just peace of mind given the hassle Emirates gave me last time I checked in. The dozy mare was trying to tell me that the SETV was not valid for Thailand because the word London was on it. :)

20 minutes ago, Thomaz73 said:

Thanks, Davidge! It's not something I'm keeping much of an eye on these days, as I'm already here :) 
Singapore is indeed a common burner ticket. I would check Phnom Penh and maybe Kuala Lumpur as well. Maybe a quid or two to be saved. 

I checked KUL and it was more expensive (for the dates I put in - 13-14 January). About £46.

Phnom Phen showed one flight at £39 but most were £60+

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

10 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Correct! My comment was about using "fake" onward travel services. I would always be a cheap real ticket for that requirement.

I honestly never heard of those. Can you write an example or name so we all are warned to avoid them? I made my visa application to Laos through this service https://evisa.express/en/laos and it was just fine. But of course people should separately check all the entry requirements and travel restrictions by themselves. In many countries 14 days quarantine required if you are not vaccinated and in some it is still required even if you are. 

13 minutes ago, cregwillis said:

Can you write an example or name so we all are warned to avoid them?

There are members here who don't agree with me. And many people have used these services successfully. Google something like "onward flight ticket service". 

I stick with real confirmed tickets that I may just throw away.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I am trying to get caught up on this information, and I assume if you’re traveling on a visa exempt status (30 day) you still need a COE document?

1 hour ago, ctp2018 said:

I am trying to get caught up on this information, and I assume if you’re traveling on a visa exempt status (30 day) you still need a COE document?

Yes apart from they changed the COE to the Thailand pass since the start of November.

Need  alittle help if someone could advise me on my mix up. I've got to book another flight out.

I'm arriving on the 11th Jnauary. I was going to do a 60 day visa and extension but I'd forgotten about my mates wedding I'm best man for so got to fly back.. Landing on the 11th when will the uk 30 day tourist visa end for me. Do I include the day I land as day 1. I'm going to book another flight home at the end of the 30 days would that be the 9th or 10 feb.

Will I be able to do a 60 day visa staright after arrivng back or is there any restrictions as I've just come back

2 minutes ago, rolling497 said:

Need  alittle help if someone could advise me on my mix up. I've got to book another flight out.

I'm arriving on the 11th Jnauary. I was going to do a 60 day visa and extension but I'd forgotten about my mates wedding I'm best man for so got to fly back.. Landing on the 11th when will the uk 30 day tourist visa end for me. Do I include the day I land as day 1. I'm going to book another flight home at the end of the 30 days would that be the 9th or 10 feb.

Will I be able to do a 60 day visa staright after arrivng back or is there any restrictions as I've just come back

Fly back on 9th Feb by my calculation.

30 day VISA EXEMPT is what you will get.

Edited by penboy
  • Like 2

On 25/11/2021 at 08:02, Thomaz73 said:

There are members here who don't agree with me. And many people have used these services successfully. Google something like "onward flight ticket service". 

I stick with real confirmed tickets that I may just throw away.

Some similar services have in past gone bust or stopped giving tickets while still accepting money for their booking services. In practice this kind of service is dodgy because the travel agency they're relying on is at some point probably going to be banned by the airlines for repeatedly booking tickets that are immediately canceled. For those in the US, basically any advance ticket to or from the US can be canceled within 24 hours for free - whether this is enough of a window for this application I don't know. In practice I highly doubt that embassies are doing too much checking of if onward tickets are valid. 

On 27/11/2021 at 14:35, penboy said:

Fly back on 9th Feb by my calculation.

30 day VISA EXEMPT is what you will get.

Cheers Penboy I've just done exactly that to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been covered , but I’ve applied for a single trip 60 day, was thinking of maybe going to Cambodia and Vietnam would a single trip allow it??

8 minutes ago, ronthebrummie said:

Apologies if this has been covered , but I’ve applied for a single trip 60 day, was thinking of maybe going to Cambodia and Vietnam would a single trip allow it??

You would get 30 visa exempt when you come back to Thailand ..... having got another Thai Pass whilst in Cambodia/Vietnam.

Edited by penboy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ronthebrummie said:

The tourist visa allows entry one time 0nly, not sure if you can apply for a re-entry permit before you depart. If you stay long enough the first time and add your time in Cambodia and Vietnam. you could return to Thailand as visa exempt for up to 30 days if your country is permitted, (Brummie is likely to be OK).

Don't forget you will need a new Thailand Pass for second entry.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to apply for 60day E visa and then extend 30 day. What I need to choose in Purpose of Visit  and Visan type?

If I choose in Purpose of Visit  tourism then in visa type only choice is tourist visa and it doesnt say 60 days 

Edited by lusikas

13 minutes ago, lusikas said:

Trying to apply for 60day E visa and then extend 30 day. What I need to choose in Purpose of Visit  and Visan type?

If I choose in Purpose of Visit  tourism then in visa type only choice is tourist visa and it doesnt say 60 days 

image.thumb.png.eaf35fb68f24de28f726355c69792f3b.png

+
image.thumb.png.89a8a66089da1f8fbdf4d2d24cb68a40.png

Edited by petehoax
  • Like 3

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

2 hours ago, lusikas said:

this so confusing because it doesnt say anywhere 60days

Don't worry about it. The visa is valid for 90 days. You will get a 60 day stamp when you enter.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, lusikas said:

I grabbed this screen shot off the Chicago Consulate website. You'll see it states, the Tourist visa should be use within 90 days of issue. Further, it indicates the tourist visa allows a stay of 60 days.

Visa.png

55 minutes ago, lusikas said:

for proof of accommodation I did put there just one day test and go hotel booking.  is it enough?

Yes

20 hours ago, lusikas said:

You are applying for the Tourist Visa, which is 60 days, there is only 1 choice, you can't choose less or more days  :)

18 hours ago, lusikas said:

for proof of accommodation I did put there just one day test and go hotel booking.  is it enough?

I only gave my 1st night Test & Go hotel booking for this question & it was fine, visa approved in 2 days.

I actually have 11 hotels booked for my 7 week trip

• 2 weeks later...

I am in Thailand now on a 60 day tourist visa I am considering extending for 30 or is it 60 days now? at the immigration for 1900 baht, can someone tell me if I need to rearrange my flight home first to show immigration my new later return date flight booking, or can I get the visa extension first and then change my flight after? which would be preferable to me

1 hour ago, ngmassive said:

I am in Thailand now on a 60 day tourist visa I am considering extending for 30 or is it 60 days now? at the immigration for 1900 baht, can someone tell me if I need to rearrange my flight home first to show immigration my new later return date flight booking, or can I get the visa extension first and then change my flight after? which would be preferable to me

It’s 30 days extension on a TR. After that, if they are still doing them, you can get a 60 day Covid extension.

For the 30 days you just need proof of address and a couple of photos.

Some IOs are now asking to see flights for the Covid extension but it’s not required for the ‘normal’ extension.

• Like 2

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”