IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

For something that imagine was designed to make things easier it looks like its made things 10xs more complicated with the huge amount of documents you need to source and upload.

Only the Thais could feck this up to this extent,12 documents including things most of us would want to book after the visa is issued needed for what should be a simple visa application.

Edited by az89
wrong information
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, az89 said:

Is there a limit to the number of times you can apply for a 60 day Tourist evisa in a 12 month period?

No. But then embassies have their own practices. As does immigration when you enter. Short version: too many tourist visas can raise eyebrows. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

13 hours ago, az89 said:

For something that imagine was designed to make things easier it looks like its made things 10xs more complicated with the huge amount of documents you need to source and upload.

Only the Thais could feck this up to this extent,12 documents including things most of us would want to book after the visa is issued needed for what should be a simple visa application.

When I ask myself the question, could they possibly make this process more difficult? I realize the answer is yes. Lol

15 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

No. But then embassies have their own practices. As does immigration when you enter. Short version: too many tourist visas can raise eyebrows. 

Would be good if the  Elite Visa was a bit cheaper

Edited by Gaztop08

8 hours ago, Gaztop08 said:

Would be good if the  Elite Visa was a bit cheaper

But it wouldn't be 'Elite'

My insurance certificate has multiple pages. Does anybody know how you could upload a multipage certificate.
I see only the possibility to upload 1 jpg picture.

29 minutes ago, baer42 said:

My insurance certificate has multiple pages. Does anybody know how you could upload a multipage certificate.
I see only the possibility to upload 1 jpg picture.

is it for visa or for thai pass?
from memory, you can use pdf for visa (and do you even need to upload insurance confirmation for visa? i don't think so, but maybe i misremember...)

if it's for thai pass: there's a separate thread for it, maybe better suited if you still have problems in the future. 

anyway: for thai pass, you don't need to upload the whole insurance document, just the main page that shows the covid cover and your name & details.
otherwise, you can create just a very long jpg that includes all the pages. https://www.quickpicturetools.com/en/combine_images/ seems for example like an online tool that can do this. if not, there are other options. 

you can also upload the full insurance pdf on the last application step as a pdf (just as a backup). 

Edited by petehoax

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

12 minutes ago, petehoax said:

is it for visa or for thai pass?
from memory, you can use pdf for visa (and do you even need to upload insurance confirmation for visa? i don't think so, but maybe i misremember...)

if it's for thai pass: there's a separate thread for it, maybe better suited if you still have problems in the future. 

anyway: for thai pass, you don't need to upload the whole insurance document, just the main page that shows the covid cover and your name & details.
otherwise, you can create just a very long jpg that includes all the pages. https://www.quickpicturetools.com/en/combine_images/ seems for example like an online tool that can do this. if not, there are other options. 

you can also upload the full insurance pdf on the last application step as a pdf (just as a backup). 

It is for Thai pass.
Youre picturetool is great.
Thanks!

• 2 months later...

For those that have applied for the e-visa, is it ok block out your account numbers or do they require an untouched copy of the statement? Probably a newbie question but I'd rather check before changing sending any application through.

Edited by think8787

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png.1f0f42a5871e9dd7c3c9a7a6b17a945e.png.6e53c5df987c5123968edc4f1dd563a0.png

I am new to this topic and have not read the entire thread as of yet. Please forgive the likely unintended redundancies.

I was made aware of e-visa being a possible solution to what I am trying to put a game plan together for. The details of that are in this thread and it is at a very high level at this point.

I used the following site to create an account. It let me do this for a US Account coming in from a Thai IP. Promising.

https://thaievisa.go.th/

Basically, I am trying to obtain a 60 day tourist visa killing my Non-Im OA. I want to move to a Non-Im O.

I started trying to create an application, just to see what is involved, but it became a little more involved than I want to spend time on right now. I will be unlikely to need to do an actual one until August, but want know what I need to have ready.

My official legal residence is in the US, although I live in Thailand. My number 1 question at this point is what type of documents are accepted to demonstrate one's legal residence. I have a DL, bank accounts, stock accounts, 1099s, tax returns, and probably more that show the US address. Is that going to get it done? I can probably create more.

Edited by ChiFlyer

• 1 month later...

Am I right in thinking that now you can apply for the 60 Tourist Visa online, you can do it from anywhere outside Thailand, and not just in your own country, eg UK for me

Obviously there is no longer any requirement to send your passport to the Thai embassy in your country anymore

Thanks

10 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

Am I right in thinking that now you can apply for the 60 Tourist Visa online, you can do it from anywhere outside Thailand, and not just in your own country, eg UK for me

Obviously there is no longer any requirement to send your passport to the Thai embassy in your country anymore

Thanks

In theory that should be fine. The only thing I’m not sure about is how they’d react to your flight booking (which they ask for) being from somewhere other than the U.K. when you’ve just put in your application that you are currently in the U.K. 

I guess there are ways around that though.

• Like 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

25 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

Thanks

I think that is about right.  However, it's even more difficult now than when you had to do it the old fashioned way because they added additional requirements.  Now, in addition to a copy of your passport and a passport photo, you also need to show a copy of your round trip ticket, a confirmed booking for where you are staying for the entire 60 days, and recent bank statement showing you have at least 20k baht.  

The confirmed booking is kind of a deal breaker for me as I am never sure where I am staying the entire time. I don't want to commit to something for 60 days without being there and seeing the place first.  One guy suggesting booking something on Agoda and then cancelling after you get the visa.  I suppose you could do the same on AirBnB. That's kind of a dodgy way to use these services so I don't want to have to do that.

Edited by Kale

On 04/05/2022 at 16:42, ChiFlyer said:

My official legal residence is in the US, although I live in Thailand.

The London Embassy just accepts your passport. The requirements on the RTE London website actually say: ‘Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries)’. 
So it only really applies if you live in the U.K. but aren’t a citizen. I guess it’s the same in the USA.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kale said:

I think that is about right.  However, it's even more difficult now than when you had to do it the old fashioned way because they added additional requirements.  Now, in addition to a copy of your passport and a passport photo, you also need to show a copy of your round trip ticket, a confirmed booking for where you are staying for the entire 60 days, and recent bank statement showing you have at least 20k baht.  

In the U.K. there’s no amount specified for the financial evidence and the hotel booking doesn’t have to be for the entire trip.

It was much easier in the past though when I could just go to the Cardiff Consulate and give them application form, passport and cash for the fee.

There is no need for evidence of 60 days of hotel bookings, I gave my 1st night booking details & that was it, when I applied for my visa in Nov 2021.

As for a return flight booking, I think a flight booking into Thailand from anywhere, and a flight booking out of Thailand is all you need to give

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, jaynewcastle said:

There is no need for evidence of 60 days of hotel bookings, I gave my 1st night booking details & that was it, when I applied for my visa in Nov 2021.

As for a return flight booking, I think a flight booking into Thailand from anywhere, and a flight booking out of Thailand is all you need to give

I re-read what my consulate says about it. It looks like maybe they updated it recently.  Now they just say "Proof of accomodation in Thailand".  I am pretty sure that before it said proof for the entire length of stay but I could be wrong.

http://www.thaiconsulatevancouver.ca/consulate/documents/visa/tourist-visa.pdf

If I could get away with just having one nights reservation that simplifies things a lot.

Edited by Kale
  • Like 1

What are all these slots. I'm applying for a 60day single entry tourist visa, did I click the wrong button ?

IMG_20220611_190423_271.jpg

IMG_20220611_190414_945.jpg

4 minutes ago, poseidon5566 said:

Definitely says tourist visa I'm really confused

The system shows the same questions for all visas. Most are irrelevant for a Tourist Visa. It’s a crap system.

Question 9: put your hotel name.

10. Blank page from passport or N/A.

11. Passport info page.

8. N/A.

• Like 2

Thank you David. I will upload a blank passport photo for 8 as there is no na box or similar to tick

35 minutes ago, poseidon5566 said:

Thank you David. I will upload a blank passport photo for 8 as there is no na box or similar to tick

I know some people have written ‘Not Applicable’ on a piece of paper, taken a photograph and uploaded that. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, davidge said:

I know some people have written ‘Not Applicable’ on a piece of paper, taken a photograph and uploaded that. :)

Just submitted it now lets see what they say back hopefully they don't want all the addresses of where i am staying up front as they want a Thai phone number for the condo I'm renting for gods sake 

14 minutes ago, poseidon5566 said:

Just submitted it now lets see what they say back hopefully they don't want all the addresses of where i am staying up front as they want a Thai phone number for the condo I'm renting for gods sake 

Worst case, they ask for more info. RTE London usually pretty good. Still wish I could just pop to the Consulate in Cardiff like I used to.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Worst case, they ask for more info. RTE London usually pretty good. Still wish I could just pop to the Consulate in Cardiff like I used to.

I was going to ask the question of where these Tourist e visas are processed.You think the consulates handle them or they done centrally in Bangkok?

Like you said prefer the old system of visa in passport first then book flight.I’m interested in visa process time as I would like sometime in the future to get flight and visa done with 2/3 days notice but not sure if that would be possible.