IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

Ron, the Vietnam E visa is super easy, takes about 2 days to get it. Just make sure you use the official govt site not one of the BS private ones that only give you an invite letter, at a cost, and then you get there and have to get a real visa at the airport

Edited by biggles
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Submitted Sunday for a 2 month nothing yet 4 days, Initially applied for a 6 month multiple entry but it defeated me I just couldn't be assed with the reams of crap they want.

So  now will hopefully do 60 days + 30 extension then come back to the UK was going to spend 3 weeks in UK end of Feb then head back bit now because of the headache I will re evaluate in March what I want to do I don't think you can use Thailand as a hub to visit surrounding country's so might go somewhere else in March depends everything is fluid.

A pro tip if your file is to large to upload for the application 3mb ? Take a screenshot of whatever your trying to upload on your mobile and upload via mobile reduces the file size by about 70%

Good luck all.

Applying for the 60 day tourist visa do I need to show proof of accommodation for my whole stay in Thailand? Seems ridiculous if I do but I can book a room on Agoda for 8 weeks with free cancellation if need be.

I have only booked the 1st night so far  for a test and go hotel in Bangkok at this time.

16 minutes ago, ngmassive said:

Applying for the 60 day tourist visa do I need to show proof of accommodation for my whole stay in Thailand? Seems ridiculous if I do but I can book a room on Agoda for 8 weeks with free cancellation if need be.

I have only booked the 1st night so far  for a test and go hotel in Bangkok at this time.

No, you don't need to show a booking for your entire stay.  First place, even if just a day will suffice in the system.

• Like 3

I am applying for a tourist visa. I received an email today from the authority that I need 7-day confirmed hotel booking, after the 1-day Test & Go. I had just uploaded the first day hotel booking.

On 09/11/2021 at 21:19, ngmassive said:

So I have booked my flight amd will be staying 58 days In Thailand, I was going to apply for the 60 day tourist visa however it appears I could just enter on the 30 days visa exemption on arrival, and then apply for a further 30 day extension at an immigration in Thailand, paying 1900 baht, just checking if you guys think this will be OK to do as long as I get the Thailand pass.

Policy changing always, in normal days b4, 30-day visa exemption can be extended for 15 days, no sure whether you can do this during this abnormal period. 

Even though it’s an e-visa system, different Embassies/Consulates still operate their own rules.

Accommodation for a week is not a requirement for most countries.

Visa Exempt is extendable by 30 days.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, tonyacat said:

I am applying for a tourist visa. I received an email today from the authority that I need 7-day confirmed hotel booking, after the 1-day Test & Go. I had just uploaded the first day hotel booking.

Make  a refundable booking on any of the web booking sites and you are good to go

My application for 60 day visa has been showing as processing since I submitted on 6th Nov, I have not had any correspondence at all... according to reports I have been reading, normal time being 24hrs to 3days,  reckon I should give them a ring tomorrow!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BigLicks said:

My application for 60 day visa has been showing as processing since I submitted on 6th Nov, I have not had any correspondence at all... according to reports I have been reading, normal time being 24hrs to 3days,  reckon I should give them a ring tomorrow!!

Same I Applied on the 7th and emailed the consular email last night where before for the sandbox they replied this time it is automated bot message telling you to wait for Thai pass and Visa Email this number going to give it till tomorrow then email them.

Screenshot_20211111-192837_Gmail.jpg

Edited by Scholseyboi
Add

27 minutes ago, Scholseyboi said:

Same I Applied on the 7th and emailed the consular email last night where before for the sandbox they replied this time it is automated bot message telling you to wait for Thai pass and Visa Email this number going to give it till tomorrow then email them.

Screenshot_20211111-192837_Gmail.jpg

Thanks for that, I am in no hurry, not travelling for a few weeks yet, just found it frustrating there is no acknowledgement from them, lmk how you get on!

My goodness, it's a friggin nightmare.

On the last page, Q7 and Q10 are basically the same, right? A ducument to prove that you live in your residence...?

Edited by frenchteam

29 minutes ago, frenchteam said:

On the last page, Q7 and Q10 are basically the same, right? A ducument to prove that you live in your residence...?

Yeh I have uploaded a headed letter from docs.

1 hour ago, BigLicks said:

Thanks for that, I am in no hurry, not travelling for a few weeks yet, just found it frustrating there is no acknowledgement from them, lmk how you get on!

Yeh me either will email tomorrow over the weekend hopefully be done by next week as you can't start the thai pass until you have the visa right. 

40 minutes ago, Scholseyboi said:

Yeh me either will email tomorrow over the weekend hopefully be done by next week as you can't start the thai pass until you have the visa right. 

No, TP and eVisa are separate and run by different Thailand bureaucracies. You can start your applications for each in whatever order you choose.  You can get a TP without ad eVisa and vice versa. So you can have an approved visa and be denied entry if you don't have a TP.

Conversely, you can enter Thailand on a TP and no visa on the 30-day program.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Scholseyboi said:

As BobLily says, you can apply for TP without visa, apparently there are few pitfalls in the TP application process, there is tons of excellent info here on PA 

Edited by BigLicks
typo
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2021 at 14:41, ngmassive said:

I don't think you need that for a 60 day tourist visa.  They just have all the same questions for all the visa's because they apparently haven't separated them yet.  I am just attaching a note saying I am staying at a friends place and giving his condo address. 

If you can't do that I would just tell the truth.  Attach a note saying that you plan to find accommodation once you are there or whatever.  I think the worst that could happen is you are denied and need to just get a visa waiver on arrival and then just extend that.  A lot of guys are in the same situation and I have not heard of many (any?) getting denied.

Edited by Kale

I'm thinking of going around 18th January flying from the UK

I've just read through these pages and maybe I missed it.

When I should apply or if I apply now does the Visa start on the date I land in Thailand.

I want to get the 60 day Tourist Visa.

I'm hoping one of you wise fellows can help

40 minutes ago, rolling497 said:

When I should apply or if I apply now does the Visa start on the date I land in Thailand

The visa has three months validity from date of issue. At any point during that time, you'd get a 60 day permitted-stay stamp when entering LOS (which can be extended by another 30 locally.)

So, I'd probably start 3-4 weeks before departure. 

Edited by Thomaz73
More info

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

8 hours ago, frenchteam said:

I suppose a gas or electric bill with your name and adress on it could prove that.Or maybe council tax bill again with name and address on it

Edited by Gaztop08

1 minute ago, Thomaz73 said:

The visa has three months validity from date of issue. At any point during that time, you'd get a 60 day permitted-stay stamp (which can be extended by another 30 locally.)

Cheers Thomaz.

Just what I was after along with the 30 day extension.

I'm booking flights in the next few mins as there's a few  bargains right now from the Uk

I'll get the ball rolling with the Visa in a few weeks.

14 hours ago, BigLicks said:

I applied on the 3rd November, heard nothing yet. 😕

15 minutes ago, Gone-east said:

I applied on the 3rd November, heard nothing yet. 😕

After todays news, re bars not opening, they can take as long as they like with my application, just hoping they will date it the day of issue and not date of application now.....I am going to have to change my travel dates!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BigLicks said:

After todays news, re bars not opening, they can take as long as they like with my application, just hoping they will date it the day of issue and not date of application now.....I am going to have to change my travel dates!

My visa approved, Email received, 20.40 this evening, dated today, I plan to rebook for around 1st Feb, going to wait a bit to apply for the TP

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BigLicks said:

My visa approved, Email received, 20.40 this evening, dated today, I plan to rebook for around 1st Feb, going to wait a bit to apply for the TP

Same 10pm last night someone was working overtime last night bless them.

On 10/11/2021 at 00:07, Kale said:

You could have used this service or several other similar ones.

https://onwardticket.com/

How does onwardticket.com work? Do I need to pay a full fee and get a refund, because I will not really use this onward ticket?

I am applying a 60-day tourist visa, may extend staying for a few more weeks after the original 60 days (but yet to decide). A lot of considerations for the length of staying. Will the bars and agogos really be allowed to reopen & from when exactly, any other opening hr & alcohol restrictions in town, fun or not? The flip-flop of the authority has put too much uncertainty to tourists' decision😣