Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

Details here from RTE Washington but I understand other Embassies are also implementing this:

** Announcement on new e-Visa Stickerless System **

The Royal Thai Embassy in Washington D.C. wishes to inform that the Embassy will start providing new e-Visa service with Thailand e-Visa Stickerless visa from 27 September 2021 onwards.

Date/Time (Washington D.C. time) and Procedures

• September 17, 2021 
Last day to receive e-Visa application with visa sticker via Thailand e-Visa system

• September 18-22, 2021 
Pending applications with complete documents in Thailand e-Visa system will be considered for approval.

• September 23, 2021 
Last day to approve and issue e-Visa sticker

• September 23, 2021 at 07.00 am - September 26, 2021 at 07.00 pm 
Due to system upgrade for the launch of the new online platform, the e-Visa service will be temporarily unavailable

• September 27, 2021 
Full operation on e-Visa stickerless system.

For further information and inquiries, please contact the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington D.C. at 202 640 5658 or email [email protected] or check www.thaiembdc.org/visas

B3D4D92A-D47E-4414-8108-C47DE660229D.jpeg

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

So as a dumb American, for normal travel to Thailand of <30 days I need to do nothing different.

Visa not required. Is that correct?

Thanks,

J

1 hour ago, Jake.houston said:

So as a dumb American, for normal travel to Thailand of <30 days I need to do nothing different.

Visa not required. Is that correct?

Thanks,

J

That's correct. Trips of 30 days or less, you enter on a visa exempt.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

That's correct. Trips of 30 days or less, you enter on a visa exempt.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought I heard somewhere that it was raised to 45 days for US travelers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ctp2018 said:

Maybe I am mistaken, but I thought I heard somewhere that it was raised to 45 days for US travelers.

That is/was an extra 15 days because of 2 weeks quarantaine. Once the quarantaine goes, it will be back to 30 days most likely. 

hmmm - so @davidge if I am understanding this correctly, and that might be a first, since I am a Non-Im OA with a permission to stay date of 10/22 and I am making a trip to the US and returning as quickly as possible in the near future, I should probably go for this.

hmm - just read your post again and since I am not applying for a new visa or extension of stay, this does not cover me. 

Your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

hmmm - so @davidge if I am understanding this correctly, and that might be a first, since I am a Non-Im OA with a permission to stay date of 10/22 and I am making a trip to the US and returning as quickly as possible in the near future, I should probably go for this.

hmm - just read your post again and since I am not applying for a new visa or extension of stay, this does not cover me. 

Your thoughts?

It’s a new system for Visas, which you won’t need.

The CofE system is already all online.

5 minutes ago, davidge said:

The CofE system is already all online.

I have done a practice dance or three with the COE system and it seems to work reasonably well.

12 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I have done a practice dance or three with the COE system and it seems to work reasonably well.

Have you actually tried uploading documents? :P

18 minutes ago, davidge said:

Have you actually tried uploading documents? :P

Not yet, but I have spoken with a few friends who have and they said no big deal.

Does this mean I won't send my passport to the RTE in order to get the visa entered therein?

Last time I got a setv, I uploaded various documents and posted my passport.

2 minutes ago, penboy said:

Does this mean I won't send my passport to the RTE in order to get the visa entered therein?

Last time I got a setv, I uploaded various documents and posted my passport.

If/when RTE London introduces the same system then no you won’t.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I am applying for a Non immigrant O-A visa. Can you use e-visa to apply for O-A visa?

If yes, can I still use the option of mailing in my visa application + passport to the Washington dc embassy?

2 minutes ago, tomx2 said:

Hi.

I am applying for a Non immigrant O-A visa. Can you use e-visa to apply for O-A visa?

If yes, can I still use the option of mailing in my visa application + passport to the Washington dc embassy?

The application is now done online. All documentation is uploaded during the application.

AFAIK RTE Washington is now only doing evisas so no posting of passport.

BTW, don’t get a Non O-A, get a Non O for Retirement instead.

So you get a stickerless conformation in your email to present at  your departure airline counter.

When do you actually get stamp the visa type you applied for. Is it at the immigration booth @ International airport in Thailand?

6 hours ago, tomx2 said:

So you get a stickerless conformation in your email to present at  your departure airline counter.

When do you actually get stamp the visa type you applied for. Is it at the immigration booth @ International airport in Thailand?

There is no visa sticker. It’s all electronic - as a number of countries have been using for years. When the immigration officer scans your passport at the airport the visa will show on his system. I think the advice to carry a copy of the email is in case of issues with airlines at check in. I’m guessing the entry/exit stamps will still be used.

• Like 2

Looks very promising gonna check it out later the day.

Reports from people using RTE London that they’ve had the email confirming the visa within 2 days using the new system.

• Like 2

Does anyone know when other countries (e.g. Germany) can use e-visa as well?

I checked the THAI E-VISA OFFICIAL WEBSITE from Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Thailand and had a look if Germany/Germans is/are also eligible to apply online. But unfortunately not possible yet.

Maybe some of you guys heard when it will be rolled out to other countries?

10 hours ago, FelixBerlin said:

Does anyone know when other countries (e.g. Germany) can use e-visa as well?

Quite certain you can. You can check here 

https://thaievisa.go.th/

If you scroll down a bit, there's a "Am I eligible" function. I checked Denmark, and it says I'd be good to go. And I'd be surprised if that is reflected on the Copenhagen embassy website :) 

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png