IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

20 hours ago, bangna said:

Good point, I was thinking of the problems earlier with Thai Pass, a free document.

Apologies and good luck.

Well after 13 days I finally had to call them.  Nobody answered so I left a message.  That finally got them to have a look at my application only to tell me one of the dates from my passport was wrong (it was auto populated incorrectly from the passport image) and I would have to re-apply and pay the visa fee again.   

I'll give it one more shot and if they reject it again I won't be wasting any more money on that stupid process.  I'll just come in on the visa waiver.  For all the benefits of doing an e-Visa, they somehow managed to make it more of a PiTA than before.

Edited by Kale

51 minutes ago, Kale said:

Well after 13 days I finally had to call them.  Nobody answered so I left a message.  That finally got them to have a look at my application only to tell me one of the dates from my passport was wrong (it was auto populated incorrectly from the passport image) and I would have to re-apply and pay the visa fee again.   

I'll give it one more shot and if they reject it again I won't be wasting any more money on that stupid process.  I'll just come in on the visa waiver.  For all the benefits of doing an e-Visa, they somehow managed to make it more of a PiTA than before.

That's a pain in the arse particularly as it was their process. I believe they don't set out to refuse applications, they often email for clarification or additional documents.

It is not the most user friendly system though.

38 minutes ago, bangna said:

That's a pain in the arse particularly as it was their process. I believe they don't set out to refuse applications, they often email for clarification or additional documents.

It is not the most user friendly system though.

Agree.  Took me ten days and four emails back and forth from the LA Thai Consulate to get my 60 day Tourist Visa. 

They worked hard for this old man as doing pdf files  is not my cup of tea.  Lol.  😃😃

• 3 weeks later...
On 26/07/2022 at 16:06, h.harris said:

I've stayed in Thailand for 5 1/2 months this year and I would like to apply for another 2 month TR visa for Sept - Nov visit. Wonder if there is a time limit you can stay in Thailand per year ? Somewhere I heard of 6 months and hoping that this is not true ? Does anyone know ?

To answer my own question. I applied for the 60 TR visa and received it this week w/o any issues. It does become easier once you do it often 🙂

• Like 2

I talked to a 72 year old Gentleman in Pattaya yesterday and he had serious complaints about the computer literacy necessary to navigate the e-visa system.

So will have to see, how this plays out, they might offer the send in option again as an alternative.

36 minutes ago, goodie2shoes said:

I talked to a 72 year old Gentleman in Pattaya yesterday and he had serious complaints about the computer literacy necessary to navigate the e-visa system.

So will have to see, how this plays out, they might offer the send in option again as an alternative.

I doubt they will offer such an alternative.  I think it will roll out to more and more countries.

I applied for a Non Immigrant O based on retirement on Saturday and the email came through to me on Tuesday approving my evisa, attachment printed off and I'm ready to go.

Given that Monday was a bank holiday in the UK, I guess they turned it round in one day.

In the early stage of preparing application for a Non-Immigrant O visa but on the page for supporting documents I cant find a slot to upload documantation. txt below from Embassy's website. How do other pass that bullet?

• 4. Proof of accommodation: Copy of hotel reservation / rental contract/deed. In case of residing with a family, an invitation letter from the host family along with a copy of their undersigned Thai ID or house registration is required. The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly.

5 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

In the early stage of preparing application for a Non-Immigrant O visa but on the page for supporting documents I cant find a slot to upload documantation. txt below from Embassy's website. How do other pass that bullet?

• 4. Proof of accommodation: Copy of hotel reservation / rental contract/deed. In case of residing with a family, an invitation letter from the host family along with a copy of their undersigned Thai ID or house registration is required. The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly.

When you go through the application online it asks to upload hotel booking, or other accommodation. I applied on Thursday but haven’t heard anything yet.

I’ve booked a hotel for the first week while I look for a long term condo so uploaded that booking. From what I’ve understood from others, you don’t need to show accommodation for the entire trip so I’m hoping that’s ok.

There are a couple of things where I’m not sure how fussy they’ll be so I’m waiting impatiently for a reply eg I don’t get a State Pension yet but uploaded my occupational pension statement which I started to get when I turned 60. I did upload a bank statement for one month as my ‘proof of current residency’ so I’m hoping that will help, or I’ll have to do the 3-months statements route.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

PA.thumb.png.041d4b9ba6e01185c98d7f2c54653c8f.pngPA.thumb.png.041d4b9ba6e01185c98d7f2c54653c8f.png

19 minutes ago, davidge said:

When you go through the application online it asks to upload hotel booking, or other accommodation. I applied on Thursday but haven’t heard anything yet.

I’ve booked a hotel for the first week while I look for a long term condo so uploaded that booking. From what I’ve understood from others, you don’t need to show accommodation for the entire trip so I’m hoping that’s ok.

There are a couple of things where I’m not sure how fussy they’ll be so I’m waiting impatiently for a reply eg I don’t get a State Pension yet but uploaded my occupational pension statement which I started to get when I turned 60. I did upload a bank statement for one month as my ‘proof of current residency’ so I’m hoping that will help, or I’ll have to do the 3-months statements route.

Hmm, been thru the application a zillion times and can't find anywhere to upload info on accomodation (see below screen dump)

Did you upload yours on the page with the rest of supporting documents or elsewhere? 

Edited by Kandinski

5 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

Hmm, been thru the application a zillion times and can't find anywhere to upload info on accomodation (see below screen dump)

Did you upload yours on the page with the rest of supporting documents or elsewhere? 

PA.thumb.png.e0abbedb8eff343b8dba9e0f8991fd88.png

It definitely asked me as I was going through the application but I can’t remember exactly when. I ‘think’ it was after the flight.

After I added the hotel booking it then asked me if I wanted to upload a second accommodation. (A Non O ‘for retirement’)

Just now, davidge said:

It definitely asked me as I was going through the application but I can’t remember exactly when. I ‘think’ it was after the flight.

Thats correct they ask you to fill in details of accomodation but nowhere to upload proof. Playing safe I'm shooting a mail to the embassy. Thx for taling the time😊

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

After I added the hotel booking it then asked me if I wanted to upload a second accommodation. (A Non O ‘for retirement’)

I just gave them the hotel for first 3 nights, no problem.

19 minutes ago, penboy said:

Thanks. It’s the pension I’m more concerned about I think, I hope they’ll accept the occupational one. It’s a bit more complicated getting the 3-months proof of funds as I’m completely paperless and the accounts I had that amount in before August don’t provide a monthly statement through the App. I can get a monthly statement online for the current account and had more than enough in it for most of July and August (as I’m dealing with my Mother’s estate at the moment) but didn’t keep that account at over 10k before that.

32 minutes ago, penboy said:

Did you upload the proof or just filled in the details on the application?

Just now, Kandinski said:

Did you upload the proof or just filled in the details on the application?

Although it was only a week ago, I can't 100% remember. I think it was manual filling in. City list, Chonburi was listed rather than Pattaya/Jomtien and then a drop down list of zip codes had to be chosen from. 

I was surprised I was successful as only one document can be uploaded on the final page and my insurance document had 3 vital pieces of info spread on different pages. Maybe they are not too fussy in London? 

2 minutes ago, penboy said:

Although it was only a week ago, I can't 100% remember. I think it was manual filling in. City list, Chonburi was listed rather than Pattaya/Jomtien and then a drop down list of zip codes had to be chosen from. 

I was surprised I was successful as only one document can be uploaded on the final page and my insurance document had 3 vital pieces of info spread on different pages. Maybe they are not too fussy in London? 

I definitely uploaded my hotel booking though, as you say, I also had to choose Chonburi and then the zip code.

29 minutes ago, penboy said:

I was surprised I was successful as only one document can be uploaded on the final page and my insurance document had 3 vital pieces of info spread on different pages

Yeah, they don't want to much to look at. I  merged quite a few docs I.e. travel history for the last year, insurance and the financial. 

I've sent a email to the embassy, will likely get reply next week and will post an update

This is what I uploaded for my travel history:

3BFF46C2-4DDF-42F2-B190-4A165FF14F59.jpeg

:)

3 hours ago, davidge said:

When I got my tourist visa in Dec 2001, I gave them two blank pages from passport. Approved no problem.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, penboy said:

I'm sure that has caused lots of confusion for people.  Took me awhile to figure it out.  There is a Chonburi city and also a Chonburi province. I seem to recall the dropdown was labelled "city",  so that didn't really fit. However, it was the only option that made any sense.

Edited by Kale

16 minutes ago, Kale said:

I'm sure that has caused lots of confusion for people.  Took me awhile to figure it out.  There is Chonburi city and also Chonburi province but I seem to recall the dropdown was labelled "city",  so that didn't really fit. I was only able to figure it out through the process of elimination as that was the only possible option that made any sense.

That part didn't caused any problems,   Chonburi/Bang Lamung aso was no issue. 

Visa application was part of my job before I entered the golden league and absolutely familiar with a (logical) application process.

In my case I can't find anywhere to upload proof of accommodation, only two slots asking for proff of permanent residency. Would assume there would be no difference in the application form regardless where one applies but being Thailand wouldn't surprise me:P

Edited by Kandinski
Added W in 2

9 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

That part didn't caused any problems,   Chonburi/Bang Lamung aso was no issue. 

Visa application was part of my job before I entered the golden league and absolutely familiar with a (logical) application process.

In my case I can't find anywhere to upload proof of accommodation, only two slots asking for proff of permanent residency. Would assume there would be no difference in the application form regardless where one applies but being Thailand wouldn't surprise me:P

You definitely selected  "60 day tourist visa" yes?  If it's for something else then that option may be hidden.  Or maybe you did something else that caused it to be hidden?  Maybe you didn't systematically complete everything before that?   I know it always showed up for me.

Edited by Kale

1 minute ago, Kale said:

You definitely selected  "60 day tourist visa" yes?  If it's for something else then that option may be hidden.

No, I'm applying for a 90 days non-immigrant O visa. Got all docs uploaded, but have no place to upload rental contract.

3 hours ago, davidge said:

I uploaded a converted word doc that basically just said I didn't travel anywhere.  Yet another needlessly confusing thing about that form as it's a required document.  Should be optional with a note saying only required if you have travelled in the past 12 months.

Edited by Kale