IGNORED

E-Visa system being introduced for Thailand

davidge

9 hours ago, beethoven said:

hi gents, your advice would be very helpful

im trying to do my 60 day visa application via RTE website in London, im going for 55 nights btw

i have deleted my first attempt as i uploaded accidently an accommodation doc to the financial declaration, and no matter how i tried it would not allow me to remove it !!

Just start a new application. I think you can have 10 at any one time. Any unfinished applications will be removed after a couple of weeks.

9 hours ago, Hispano said:

Do I need this just for 15 days + being European? 

No. You get a visa exemption on arrival. Currently 45 days (normally 30.)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

9 hours ago, Hispano said:

Do I need this just for 15 days + being European? 

No, si vas desde españa ahora mismo tienes 45 dias sin hacer nada

16 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Yes. The problem, though, would be the initial airline requiring you to have onward travel within the first entry stamp. 

Maybe try and restart the visa application in a different browser? 

hi sorry i dont quite understand, ive got a straightforward return flight from gatwick to bangkok airport although i stopover at ankara for 2 hours ?

cheers Beet

14 minutes ago, beethoven said:

dont quite understand, ive got a straightforward return flight from gatwick to bangkok

Right. The problem is if you aim for a visa exemption, you're expected to have onward travel within that stamp (currently 45 days.) Most airlines will check this. If you have a visa they don't care. 

1 hour ago, Thomaz73 said:

Right. The problem is if you aim for a visa exemption, you're expected to have onward travel within that stamp (currently 45 days.) Most airlines will check this. If you have a visa they don't care. 

For $12 problem solved.

https://bestonwardticket.com/#why-use-us

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

On 29/12/2022 at 17:21, taylor1975 said:

The bank statement needs your name and address on it - so a screenshot with account balance is insufficient. Mine was denied for that.

Correct. If you get your latest statement,  your name details are on the top of the page , with the balance below 

hi sorry guys could you assist with another question please

the Evisa system asks for a flight number, im flying Gatwick via Turkey to Thailand,

so there are two flight numbers, which one do they want ? I would have thought it would be the flight from Turkey to

Bangkok?

Cheers Beet

6 hours ago, beethoven said:

hi sorry guys could you assist with another question please

the Evisa system asks for a flight number, im flying Gatwick via Turkey to Thailand,

so there are two flight numbers, which one do they want ? I would have thought it would be the flight from Turkey to

Bangkok?

Cheers Beet

Flight arriving into Bangkok 

hi

blimey more Evisa problems, could members assist again please

im in the processof applyig via the evisa system, BUT

It wont let me through after pressing 'done'

there are some highlighted questions on the supporting documents page

8. is asking for a confirmation letter, employer, pension statement, ?

i'm retired but i don't particularly get a statement, i have a small local government pension and my UK old age pension ?

which is just paid into my bank ??

9. I identity of person inviting me to stay ???   no ones inviting me i'm just a straightforward tourist !!

10. applicant is required to upload all passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months ( 1 year) since last international trip ???   but i haven't travelled anywhere since my last trip to Thailand in 2017,     also my passport is new from 2020 when i renewed it ?

i'd be very grateful is anyone could help, its beginning to really worry me

cheers beet

48 minutes ago, beethoven said:

hi

blimey more Evisa problems, could members assist again please

im in the processof applyig via the evisa system, BUT

It wont let me through after pressing 'done'

there are some highlighted questions on the supporting documents page

8. is asking for a confirmation letter, employer, pension statement, ?

i'm retired but i don't particularly get a statement, i have a small local government pension and my UK old age pension ?

which is just paid into my bank ??

9. I identity of person inviting me to stay ???   no ones inviting me i'm just a straightforward tourist !!

10. applicant is required to upload all passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months ( 1 year) since last international trip ???   but i haven't travelled anywhere since my last trip to Thailand in 2017,     also my passport is new from 2020 when i renewed it ?

i'd be very grateful is anyone could help, its beginning to really worry me

cheers beet

8 I uploaded a bank statement ( I think I used the same statement for three sections) 

9 I uploaded a piece of paper , saying I was staying in a hotel ...

10 I had multiple pages to upload but it would only accept one ... for you I would just upload a piece of paper saying , no travel in last 12 months 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

13 hours ago, Stillearly said:

8 I uploaded a bank statement ( I think I used the same statement for three sections) 

9 I uploaded a piece of paper , saying I was staying in a hotel ...

10 I had multiple pages to upload but it would only accept one ... for you I would just upload a piece of paper saying , no travel in last 12 months 

hi Mr Stillearly

thanks very much for reply, ill get to it with the pieces of paper,  etc.       they certainly dont make it easy if you are wanting to stay a few extra days ffs

cheers Beet

Visa Approved this morning.

I applied on the 28th of Dec. so pretty good, considering they were not working over NY.

Never questioned any document I uploaded.

Applying for a 60 day visa when your flight says 90 days is okay, it would seem.

I only uploaded a business card of the Apartment I will be staying in, stating that I would be paying on arrival, which seems okay as well.

Thanks for all the advice on here, when I was seriously pulling my hair out that day.

• Like 3

hi gents

many thanks for the help, i applied last Friday and approval for my 60 day visa has appeared today !

i can relax at last !

Cheers Beet

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone tried to apply for a back2back Non- O visa while still in Thailand and successfully re-entered the kingdom from e.g. EU?

Just a heads up ... e-visa system has increased the "potential issuance time" to 15-20 days for visas issued IN USA.  I'm guessing they are swamped.

In early 2022, it only took a few days.

I didn't give them enough time (due to the Philippine consulate's bullshit delays with returning my passport!!) ... and had to call the Thai consulate.  I begged, grovelled, whined, apologized, made pretend "wais", and profusely promised to do better next year ... and successfully received my visa less than 24 hours before flying.  I'll never let that happen again.

Don't make my mistake - submit as soon as you have your details.

• 4 months later...

Just thought I’d make an observation that might be obvious to some, but maybe not to others.

Make sure you keep the e-mail with your initial visa for future use. Now it’s not in your passport, Immigration will ask to see the e-visa when you do various things with them - even after the initial visa is expired and you’re on an Extension of Stay.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

I'm planning to apply for this 60 day e-visa for my next trip, but also thinking of leaving TH just before my 2 months expire doing a visa run for a few days visiting Vietnam or Hong Kong with a friend and then going back to Thailand again on a 30 day visa extempt. Is it safe to go ahead with this plan or should I be afraid of Thai Immigration denying me of the stamp?

35 minutes ago, Huuker said:

I'm planning to apply for this 60 day e-visa for my next trip, but also thinking of leaving TH just before my 2 months expire doing a visa run for a few days visiting Vietnam or Hong Kong with a friend and then going back to Thailand again on a 30 day visa extempt. Is it safe to go ahead with this plan or should I be afraid of Thai Immigration denying me of the stamp?

I don’t see there will be a problem. However, if they suspect you are using the visa runs and methods of entry to live in Thailand, then they will ask you lots of questions about where you will be staying and how long for. So just be ready for those, but I doubt you will have an issue. 

However, it is my understanding, that it is up to the discretion of the immigration officer as to whether they will stamp you back in on a visa exempt method of entry. Usually, there is no problem if you are visiting Thailand as a genuine tourist  

As an additional advisory note, the Thailand exempt visa method of entry can only be used for stays in Thailand for up to a maximum of 90 days within a 6 month period  Therefore, as an example, one way of utilising  this rule is that a tourist  can use the exempt visa method on 3 different occasions, for 30 days stay for each visit within a 6 month period; now, not a lot of people know that! Check the Thai embassy website in your own country for confirmation of this rule  

I’m sure you will be fine though. 

Edited by cheetzie

That may be the rule but they don’t apply it. A well known vlogger has been in Thailand since December last year, he’s done two brief visa runs to other countries and they’ve let him back every time without issue.  AND he has a serious overstay on his record and was banned for a year three years ago. 

4 hours ago, Huuker said:

Unless you really want to make the trip, otherwise, just get the 30 days extension when your e-visa is almost expired. It should be less costly moneywise and less hassle too. I've done this like 4 times in the past couple years without any problems.